Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 11:30

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Gave birth 7 days ago, let's do some challenges!

I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl seven days ago and have already lost 23.8lbs! Of course, I still have 28.2lbs to lose to get back to my prepregnancy weight, but I must say, I am feeling confident about achieving this goal quickly.

I am going to be doing semi-low carb while breastfeeding & exercising A LOT! I've lost weight in the past without exercise and it just never looked that good. So this time is different. The carbs I will eat, I'll eat in the morning (when I say carbs I mean breads and the not so good carbs) I'll be eating plenty of veggies/fruits/meats/and eggs!

I hope to do well. My first goal is 166 (preprego weight)
Second goal is 130

I'd like to start challenges on here & hope to connect with other women who may be losing baby weight, but all are welcome!

SW: 218 CW:194.2 =23.8
GW:166
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-26-09, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 153/135/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

Congratulations on the baby, and the weight! Sounds like a pretty solid plan you've got worked out, let us know how it goes!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-26-09, 18:43

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Congratulations on your beautiful, healthy daughter! Controlling your carbs while you're feeding her is a very healthy start you're giving her and Nature will make sure your milk is as fat as it's supposed to be for her good start! If you don't keep up enough fat in your diet, you're the one who will suffer ... not your wonderful babe! So yes, stay lowish carb, but don't be afraid of the fats!

hugs to you both,
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 16:24

BF:

Yes, that's why I love the low carb lifestyle. Everyone (who doesn't low carb) always says, "don't lose your calories or your milk will dry up" well what they don't know is that lowcarb lifestyle usually has an increased amount of calories. Like bacon!!! yum! lol. Thanks for the support. Wanna do a challenge?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

I gave birth December, and since I am breastfeeding I am only doing maintenance. I have 12 lbs to lose but I will do induction when I stop breastfeeding, so I am not losing anything. I walk every day for an hour. As for the milk, I've tasted it, it is very sweet. I tell all of the horrified people that I don't see how eating cake and cookies will make my milk healthier for DD!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 18:18
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I maybe wouldn't do induction levels, just until your body is through the intial healing phase of giving birth (docs recommend 6wks approx).

Take the time to enjoy your baby and nourish your body with real whole food.

Congratulations on your new little bundle
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 18:29

BF:

I don't honestly know what "levels" i'm doing. I eat whatever I want for breakfast, whether it be cereal, muffins, toast, or whatever, then lunch I do a salad or tuna or something low carb & then I have a carb snack like crackers or yogurt and then I have a low carb dinner. Sometimes a popsicle for desert. SO i wouldn't say it's induction levels, but it's helping me lose weight.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 18:36
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

The body will let go of weight pretty quickly when you are breastfeeding. At least that was the case with most of my friends. Ensure you are eating the calories needed to sustain yourself. Burn out can happen quickly and is hard to overcome. It could even contribute to PPD - which is not nice.

Take care of yourself and visit often. I didn't check, have you started a journal? It's nice to keep track and get feedback from others on the forum - in one spot
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 21:52

BF:

I don't think i'm risking it with calories...I'm sure i'd know if that was the case. Trust me I'm taking care of myself, just eating healthy & exercising.