Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 15:39

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default zero carb

ok, if i decide to go on a zero carb diet and I need to lose 125 pounds right/?/ what keeps me from losing even more then i want to. I realize i have so far to go i was just wondering, if it helps you lose, how does your body know when you don't want to lose anymore
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 18:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

There are people here who have lost more than their original goal. There are people here who have lost less than their original goal. Some had a goal that was unrealistically high, and vice versa.

But the bottom line is that, if you end up weighing less than you think you should, eat more. Zero carbs does not equal zero calories, and your body will let you know if you get too thin.

At your height, your goal weight is on the thin side--I'm an inch shorter than you, and when I last weighed in the 130's, I was about your age, and wore a size 6. And what was a size 6 then is probably a 4 or smaller, today.

I guess my advice would be to just do it. You know it's safe, you know it's healthy, and you know it's effective. Not to mention yummy. And you can cross that bridge if you get there, right?

Best of luck, weezerchic!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 19:08

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Good luck.

I've done this successfully twice and fell off the wagon.

I'm a half inch taller, and both times I just pretty much stopped losing weight at 132-ish. Even though when I was younger, 10 lbs less was a stable weight for me.

One of the very old fashioned "perfect" weight formula for women said 100 lbs for 5 feet and 5 lbs for each inch over that.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 21:31

BF:
Default Thanks you have a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
There are people here who have lost more than their original goal. There are people here who have lost less than their original goal. Some had a goal that was unrealistically high, and vice versa.

But the bottom line is that, if you end up weighing less than you think you should, eat more. Zero carbs does not equal zero calories, and your body will let you know if you get too thin.

At your height, your goal weight is on the thin side--I'm an inch shorter than you, and when I last weighed in the 130's, I was about your age, and wore a size 6. And what was a size 6 then is probably a 4 or smaller, today.

I guess my advice would be to just do it. You know it's safe, you know it's healthy, and you know it's effective. Not to mention yummy. And you can cross that bridge if you get there, right?

Best of luck, weezerchic!

Thanks for the advice, I have a long way to go before getting "too thin" I was just wondering in general bc I read a blog where someone stayed on nothing but meat and water so I just wonder how they are withering away by continuing to stay on "zero carb" I would love to be a Size 8/10

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Dec-07-15 at 22:26.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 23:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I read a blog about a person who ate only animal products, and was healthy and a sensibly slim weight. She has two kids, both born after she went all animal products.

Fascinating. She actually gained a little from where she'd gotten down to, but at the lower weight, she felt she was struggling. She was happier and felt healthier, 10 lbs heavier.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-15, 23:59

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Some people may not know how to stop loosing.
There was a thread recently discussing this situation.
It could be an eating disorder that they had when they were heavy and it's manifested itself in the not eating the same way it did when they were closet binging on food.

Someone said that it has something with being in control and others said it was a mechanism for someone wanting to feel that they were rebellious and not the average.

IDK but I remember my niece almost starved herself to death to the point that her period topped for almost a year.
Her's was a cry for help and justifiably so in her life.
Thank goodness we pulled her out of it but it wasn't easy....
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-15, 03:49

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Sorry to hear about your niece Meme. Glad you all were able to help her.

I guess I never had this to worry over. I enjoy food, enjoy eating and its always been a battle to not eat, not the other way around.

IDK, maybe if I did zero carb I would have continued to lose. I was still doing 20 carb at the time.

Good luck weezer
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-10-15, 16:15

BF:

Glad your niece is ok, my cousin was anorexic, but shes better now
I've abused laxatives occasionally, it doesn't work
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-15, 14:21

BF:
Default i found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
I read a blog about a person who ate only animal products, and was healthy and a sensibly slim weight. She has two kids, both born after she went all animal products.

Fascinating. She actually gained a little from where she'd gotten down to, but at the lower weight, she felt she was struggling. She was happier and felt healthier, 10 lbs heavier.

I think Your talking about Kelly Hogan I just recently came across her fascinating blog lol
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-15, 20:04

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerchic
Thanks for the advice, I have a long way to go before getting "too thin" I was just wondering in general bc I read a blog where someone stayed on nothing but meat and water so I just wonder how they are withering away by continuing to stay on "zero carb" I would love to be a Size 8/10

Me, too. Size 8/10 sounds great. I've been living on zero carb (ZC) -- just meat + water -- since 7 Dec & I sure am not withering away. Zero carbohydrate doesn't mean zero calories or even zero fat. If you read reliable sources about ZC elsewhere on the Internet, such as zerocarbzen.com , you'll find that the body does superbly well with just meat + water. My body probably knows better than I do what I should weigh & no doubt will slow weight loss as I approach it. There's LC & ZC. I started with LC Atkins in May. Good luck to you mo
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-25-15, 14:54

BF:
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mo
Me, too. Size 8/10 sounds great. I've been living on zero carb (ZC) -- just meat + water -- since 7 Dec & I sure am not withering away. Zero carbohydrate doesn't mean zero calories or even zero fat. If you read reliable sources about ZC elsewhere on the Internet, such as zerocarbzen.com , you'll find that the body does superbly well with just meat + water. My body probably knows better than I do what I should weigh & no doubt will slow weight loss as I approach it. There's LC & ZC. I started with LC Atkins in May. Good luck to you mo

glad your body feels well on meat and water, i feel good on it too
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-25-15, 17:09

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone
One of the very old fashioned "perfect" weight formula for women said 100 lbs for 5 feet and 5 lbs for each inch over that.

135? Yeah, right. I'm 5'7" and wear a size nine shoe. That's not going to happen.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-25-15, 22:34

BF:

That "very old fashioned 'perfect' weight formula for women" that said 100 lbs for 5' & 5 lbs for each inch over that must be from the Twiggy days. I'm 70, 5'2" tall & 110 lbs was perfect for me when I was a flowerchild in San Jose in my 20s. Now, I'd probably look like a prune. No thanks, 125-135 likely will be better for me now.

Oh, did anyone else read where New York City is fixing all the grates on their pavement? The media said it was so ladies wearing heels could stop damaging their shoes on them, but I've an inside source that tells me it's because too many of those super-thin fashion models were falling through the spaces between the grates.

mo
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-16, 12:00

BF:

Still living on meat+water only, getting younger as I do so.
mo
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-16, 14:46

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mo
That "very old fashioned 'perfect' weight formula for women" that said 100 lbs for 5' & 5 lbs for each inch over that must be from the Twiggy days.
Yes, it was, and doctors were doing ads for cigarettes on TV, which is how many people achieved these weights.