Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 15:08

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Shall I do gym and them running or the oposite?

From all of what I read here...I must say that, I feel some kind of... damm...did I do something worng , all this time?........

......In my last 2.5 years I do my exersice on empty stomak, early in the morning (I have only the mornings) run outside 4- 5 times a week, about 45 to 1 hour , finshing at the gym 2-3 time. and sometimes after the gym, depend on my mood, I'm back again outside for 30 min walk or a light run.

Am I doing anything worng here?......
Shall I first start at the gym and then go outside?....I only want to feel great and loose weight!!!

* Its been almost 20 years that Im going to the gym. love and did lots of arobic stuff during those years.
Now I am in my "spirtual running" - I call ed it that becouse its like kind of maditation for me , where its like losting myself in the run, but only with the right music ...oh well, its just me :-)........and this I think, will last till Ill find something else, or till Ill twist something....ankle or so..... :-)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 13:04

BF:

came back today and nobudy replay, have I put something I shouldnt, or am I just.....never mind.... just wondering.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 03:33

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

My trainer has me do treadmill (fast walking) for 30 mins, do 3 sets of weights (circuit) and then another 30 mins on treadmill. If time is a factor, I can lower the amounts on the treadmill, tho. This is an active warmup and cooldown and seems to cover the basis of 'before or after'
I have done the empty stomach and not empty. Not sure which is better, but am going to do the empty stomach for a while and see how it goes!

Nicole
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%

Picaboo,
One runner to another I would say that if you are running for the joy of running...zen running...or what have you. I would run when it felt best to run. I run and lift and I have put my running on either side of the lifting to see a diference. What I get is a better run before lifting, that could just be me. But i would listen to your body for the best answer.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 22:29

BF:

Thank you all very much!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 20:06

Stats: 196.5/192/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:Whoah!
Progress: 6%

At the gym you're lifting weights right?
Well I hear you should warm up and then go lift weights first and THEN go do your running/ cardio.
You're legs will feel like dead weight esp. if you do a lot of strength training with them.

RD
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 20:15

Stats: 242/175/175 Male 5'9
BF:

I do 5 min on the Treadmill to warm up than I hit the weights. Once I have finished I jump back on the T/M for 40-60 min.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 02:00
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:

I never do any warmup. I just lift, stretch, and go home.