Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-12, 08:31

Plan: Paleo & Evolution
Stats: 273/257/203 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Forgive me father for I have sinned - it has been 2 yrs since my last post

Hello All,

I was previously a member here when following the Atkins diet just under 2 years ago but despite making 27% of my original goal I gave up. The reasons were mixed - financial, family and poor advice from some people (not on here).

Anyway, recently I have been quite depressed about my weight. My wife (who is quite slim) wanted to lose some more weight and told me about a diet (Paleo) which she had read about. Obviously I was already aware of it. She suggested we both do it together and, to be completely honest, I was really pleased. She always says she "love me however I am" but I know that secretly she would like it if I was slimmer.

So, I'm back! But I'm going to set myself some more realistic goals this time though. For example, my target weight before was too low and not easily achieved so this time I'm going to take it 2st at a time.

Look forward to sharing some experiences with you along the way...and hope that I can stick to it. I am feeling very positive about it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-12, 08:46
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Love the title....and welcome back
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-12, 08:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hahaha! The title drew me in. Welcome back!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-12, 19:28

Plan: SBD; Glycemic Index
Stats: 206/190/160 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 35%

I'm interested in the paleo diet as well, so hopefully we can learn and discuss it together, and we'll both be successful.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-12, 19:37

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 389.6/222.6/225 Male 6'2"
BF:24.6%
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchie_uk
Hello All,

I was previously a member here when following the Atkins diet just under 2 years ago but despite making 27% of my original goal I gave up. The reasons were mixed - financial, family and poor advice from some people (not on here).

Anyway, recently I have been quite depressed about my weight. My wife (who is quite slim) wanted to lose some more weight and told me about a diet (Paleo) which she had read about. Obviously I was already aware of it. She suggested we both do it together and, to be completely honest, I was really pleased. She always says she "love me however I am" but I know that secretly she would like it if I was slimmer.

So, I'm back! But I'm going to set myself some more realistic goals this time though. For example, my target weight before was too low and not easily achieved so this time I'm going to take it 2st at a time.

Look forward to sharing some experiences with you along the way...and hope that I can stick to it. I am feeling very positive about it.
Good luck to you guys. No doubt that you guys moving in the same direction will make easier
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-12, 23:18

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 165/152/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Yo. I just came back too. Hi. I am in need the paleo cheer leading-thing.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-12, 23:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

It makes life so much easier when your partner is eating the same way. Glad you are back.