Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 17:47
Registered Member

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 240/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Hunger Question!

Normally after I eat my luch (around 1:00 - 3:00 oclock) I dont get hungry for the rest of the night. It kind of makes me worried because I want to eat right and eat the right amount but I dont want to stuff myself.

What I ate today/ exercise for today:

B: 2 scrambled eggs with tiny bit of cheese on them and a couple of pieces of bacon

WO: 2 mile walk

L: Fish, little bit of cottage cheese and some sugar free/carb free jello

WO: 3 mile bike ride

D: none yet

With all this exercise I think I would get at least a tiny bit hungry, but I dont.

Any ideas why I am not hungry and should I not eat dinner?

Last edited by xxStephxx : Mon, Aug-06-07 at 17:59.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 17:52

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

You should be eating dinner..You are in ketosis and burning fat which in turn is not making you hungry. If you dont eat your meals, your metabolism will have nothing to work on and then slow down. You will loose weight faster the way you are eating, but in the long run it will come to a "halt"..Just by looking at what you are eating, you aren't consuming hardly any calories..You need some veggies in there as well..Since you aren't on a specific plan..go for the veggies...Might try not to eat lunch so late..thats why you aren't wanting dinner....Drink lots of water..Stay hydrated..

Best of luck to ya
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 17:52

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Hi,
You're in ketosis which is a natural hunger suppressant. It's the best side effect of low carb.

#4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 17:58
Registered Member

BF:

Allergymom: I normally eat a serving of veggies for dinner or sometimes lunch. That meal plan was just for today. I planned on having roast beef chunks and brocoli for dinner but I am not hungry.

Pennink: Oh, well, thats something I didnt know! Thanks for that info! So I am guessing I should eat?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 18:03

You can, but you don't HAVE to!

I do intermittent fasting and get all my carbs and calories in a 1 hour eating window (6 pm to 7 pm). But you must eat enough -- I like to stay around 1200 calories and under 20 carbs.

You're young though and more active than I am, I'm sure, so you should make sure you eat and take vitamins.

My daughter is in highschool and wants to low carb but hates salad and eggs... she's worried her friends will look at her funny if she takes revolution rolls (see the thread in the recipe section)
How should she do it? any ideas?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 19:03
Registered Member

BF:

Honestly, if she wants to lose weight and go low carb she should worry about how her friends look at her. I wish I could give some ideas on what she could do.. Im sorry, I wish I coud help.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 06:47

thanks! She's 15 and painfully aware of everything that is the slightest bit different than her friends.

and she hates eggs and salads... Although, maybe low carb caesar might work!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 07:24
Registered Member

BF:

I used to eat salads every day, for lunch and dinner. I got soooooooo tired of them. Even now I cant stand to think of salads although I do eat them every now and then.

Maybe you can look for low carb frozen meals. I found some that are from Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones and I have those for either lunch or dinner. They are really good, better then I expected from a frozen meal. Maybe she could bring those to school and find a teacher with a microwave in their class room and ask if she can use it to heat up her lunch?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 07:28

Now that's a good idea. Their cafeteria is very well equipped (even has a salad bar, but she'd need her own dressing)

I'm going to give her a bunch of ideas and see how it flies.

Her other question is: what do you do when you're at a friends house/party and the parents are giving you food that's not on plan? She is very shy and wouldn't dare say anything.
I said, tell her friend to ask her mom, and prepare a list of foods she could eat or just cart along revolution rolls pretty much everywhere.

Thanks for your help.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 08:40
Registered Member

BF:

Ah, I run into that SAME problem. A few days ago a stayed the night at a friends house and brought my own protein bar for breakfast and a frozen low carb meal for lunch. I felt embarssed doing it but hey, at least I didnt get off track.

I would definietly tell her talk to her friends mom. Or maybe even you can do it together so she has someone with her and it isnt too hard.