Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#331   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-23, 07:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast post guys.

no crab legs. they had none. my local stores aren't even selling them since price hike went so high, no one is buying. my meat guy said they will only be around, and in very limited supplies when the store runs a sale. Oh well. I ain't going to the pricier far away stores to get any, I mean why bother over it all. ugh

Jazz, last post I read here.....damn on the hand. nothing worse then 'getting mangled and chewed' up like that.

my mother in law fractured her wrist. in a wheelchair thru a door jam she was chatting and threw her hand out in gesture and she whacked side of wrist on door jam and bam, fracture. So dealing with that over phone etc. since covid is 'still there' and no one can get in etc. I tell ya guys

back later to chat up. got busy work to handle. which busy work to me is usual BS crap HA
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-23, 08:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Recurring theme here......I'm SO tired. I can't wait until summer when Gabby likes to be outside at night. My luck she won't want to anymore and we'll continue with our 4AM wake up calls.

My fill-in caregiver is coming to Betty's today at 3. I wish we were meeting earlier, but I have to take the help when I can get it. I texted "M" last evening and told her if she needed anything to let me know. She is basically alone in the area with just her 24 year old Down's syndrome daughter living with her. Her closest family is over an hour away. I told her I would go to the store or bring her some food or whatever. She thanked me for my thoughtfulness, but I doubt that she'll call me.

----------

Jaz....Sorry to hear about your hand! Ouch! That sounds like it'll be sore for a long time.

Trig....What a bummer that you couldn't get your crab legs. Crazy that your MIL broke her wrist just by whacking it on a door frame! It doesn't take much as we age.

Nic.....Is the painting all done? Having strange people in your house working is annoying for sure.

----------

Hoping I can get up enough energy to do a workout later. Dinner will be whatever I can find in the fridge for DH. Don't really care what I eat. Time for more coffee and try to wake up!

Have a good Saturday!
  #333   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-23, 09:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Saturday morning!
I slept hard and long! Then I woke up and was like OMG I'm late for work!!!! Then I was like...... Saturday right? I don't know which way is up these days.

Lori- You and I are singing the same song- TIRED and we want SPRING then TIRED some more.

Does your caregiver for Betty have Covid? That sorta sucks she is so sick! Makes it rough on you!

I am not caring about food at this point either. Whatever is easy, Zero carb and fills that food gap with least number of dishes and effort. This comes from someone who loved to cook. Too TIRED to care.

Trig
- I do have some crab legs in my freezer when Harris Teeter put them on sale right before Christmas at 7.99 a pound, I got 10 pounds. I am using them SPARINGLY as they are now gone up here too!
Holy crap the price of eggs and meat!

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Always something with the "oldies". I am SO SO SO happy though she is where she is!

Nic- Tell us all about your progressive dinner. I am also waiting to hear where you meet people so fast and easy! Since I am going to be here a minute I would like to meet people too, and not in a bar! LOLOLOL

Hubby and football today? Wings and chili on tap? Perfect football food.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sunny, windy, and cool with rain expected to roll in tonight and then all day tomorrow with the worst sliding in on Monday.
When I tell you the flood here is TERRIBLE and water is half way up your car it is scary. I have NEVER seen flooding like what happens here. That is why I would NEVER buy here. Everything is a flood plain here.

I am tired and I have to work tomorrow. I think I am am doing a quick run to grocery store, doing my hair (with a wrapped hand, and then putting on jammies rest of day and puttering. Going to make some meatballs and freeze some. Going to pick up enough to stock up the freezer for several weeks.

I have to get my tires check as my low pressure light came on and putter..... laundry and then maybe watch the game later. Not doing beach today. LOW KEY and errands.

My hand is so sore. However, as a nurse I had brought everything I needed to clean it up. Wound wash, triple antibiotic cream, 3 boxes of band aides and wrap. No need for ungirt care. I thought I might need a stitch between the fingers as it went deep- but I think it will be ok given time. It's also swollen and deeply bruised. I will have a sweet scar there when all is said and done.

That is all for here. DAY OFF and I intend to focus on here and nothing else. Listening to a new Anthony Chafee video- pretty good!

Make today wonderful!
  #334   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-23, 04:00

BF:

Last and first!

To frekin early to be up on a sun that is for sure. Nothing to add, see above post.

Made it to the grocery- set for a minute, got my tires filled with air, gassed up the car, and made loaf. That is about it.
Stopped at the Goodwill yesterday and picked up a few books to have some fun reading and a H&M tee shirt. Spend all of 4 bucks.

Sipping coffee and now have to think about work.
  #335   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-23, 07:04

BF:

Jazz hope your hand is improving. probably stiff and sore now.

Nicco, that progressive dinner, wondering, is this thru your community center in your new neighborhood? The new house, new friends you are making?

Lori, under the blankets we got big rain here and nasty, might be snow coming to you later? hope not.

-----------blah sinus headache day. big rain. so bleck.
gonna be a slow and boring and gray day. Ain't gonna be doing much. One thing I might be doing is going online and checking out 'quiet dead coastal great towns' to live As long as they are southern they are fair game, any town north is sure out of the running HA dream do nothing day here.
be good all
  #336   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-23, 07:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes......sitting here waiting for the snow to start this afternoon. BAH! We may actually get a combo of snow & rain. A mess.

Yesterday's plans for Betty fell through. Her friend(retired nurse) was going to come and help me change the bed and give her a bath, but Betty called me and said she didn't want her to come. Her pride is still strong and I think she didn't want her friend to do it.....though she did before I had "M" to help me. Whatever, I won't argue with her or make her upset. I'm hoping "M" doesn't have covid and can come back later this week.

Still in full on hibernation mode here. Winter temps are finally starting and it's going to get much colder this week. Oh joy. As if I wasn't depressed enough already!

EDITED: Heard from "M". She and her daughter both not feeling well. Seems to be upper respiratory. I asked her if she needed anything and she reluctantly listed a few things she could use. DH and I went to the store and delivered her a couple bags of things. She only lives about 5 miles from us, so it was easy to do. We won't have her back to work with Betty until she is over this illness.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Jan-22-23 at 13:15.
  #337   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-23, 15:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey friends!

Back in MD again. I'll be here for a good week.

Jaz- Horrible about your hand. How is it feeling today? What bad luck.

What books did you get? I have SUCH a freaking backlog of books to read these days.

Trig- So glad your MIL is in a place now where you and the Chop aren't having to run over there and help all the time now.

Lori- bummer about the caregiver and so nice that you all are helping her too. You and your DH are very sweet about helping people.

I hope you all stay well and Betty hangs on and makes it easy while you all are on your own with her.

The progressive dinner was a lot of fun! That being said, I am not used to 1) drinking a lot and 2) eating over a three hour period. I was a mess overnight- felt so bad physically and could not sleep- woke up every hour! I spend part of Saturday just in recovery. But the people are good, kind and fun and we are lucky to have such nice and caring neighbors.

As far as these events and stuff, a lot of what I do is set up through neighborhood groups- Bingo, Bunco, Diner's Club (which we did Saturday night- also very fun.) Pickleball is pretty much always going on and I have met friends through that. The Progressive dinner was set up via my neighbor- there are a handful of houses on our short little street- all former models so we call it Model Row- and so we can just easily walk from house to house over the course of the evening. We all watch out for each other, help each other etc. It's pretty wonderful.

There are TONS of groups, activities etc all listed on our HOA site that we all access for our community. Exercise classes, clubs, etc etc. Just a huge range of stuff. It would be very easy to be involved ALL the time in something if one wanted to.

Not much else to report. Happy to have some meals here at home and chill just a bit. Dh will be OOT next weekend but I will stay here. I'm meeting up with some dear friends for lunch next Saturday. I'm sure I'll see DD too.

Oh- DS24 got his first non-yes last night. He was waitlisted at Univ of Chicago. So it goes!
  #338   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-23, 17:37

BF:

Back from a SUNDAY WORKDAY!

I have Tuesday off.

Trig
- Weather here was sucking too so MEH..... good indoor day! You know I AM GOING TO TELL you to go to Jekyll Island! That is right up your ally. Although a bit pricy. But the beach.............

You know a place you might try- it is 30 minutes from St. Simon, it is a coastal small town. Darien, for the money it is pretty good. It is small and coastal and the beach is not far. Great Marsh views, and a Marina, Beach 30 minutes. Then there is St. Mary's- small and coastal, I think a beach. I think it's great you are pre-thinking about it all.

Glad you had a quiet day to be you and hang!

Lori-
such a bummer that M is sick with some upper virus. Has she tested for covid? Smart to not let her back in while she is sick! But that leaves alot on you and hubby! URGHHHHH
Betty should be happy people still want to help her! I just don't get it. Does she not see how much work she is on you? Mercy!
HUGS and More hugs to you.
I would be annoyed as hell and her butt would have been in a facility a year ago. But I am not as sweet and patient as you. I want you as MY caregiver when that time comes!!!!!!! You are an angel- but I know it has got to be so consuming. Caregiver burnout is a real thing! Don't forget to take care of you!

I know you got snow on the way- my son got some!

Nic- I feel your tummy pain and know the feeling of a recovery day OR TWO after indulging! When you eat gluten do you notice your joints are sore? Done over move on! New start, reboot.

I think it's fabulous you have such a great community you moved into! So, you are back in MD already! Fast trip!

Any news on DS24 and all his collage offers? How soon does he need to decide? Yea I am not surprised he got a "non-yes". MEH- he has so many to choose from.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Believe it or not my hand is healing up pretty well. Swelling down, and skin flap reattached itself and bonded back to my hand! So gross but healing nicely. I will more than likely have a scar - who cares.

My gal passed away last night. She got very anxious last night, and they gave her some meds and she fell asleep and just never woke up. I am glad I was not there. I read the notes. After the meds it was peaceful, and her husband and friends were there with her.

Speaking of news- my daughter went to Ohio a few days a go and got on the road today to head back home to SC. She was in a car accident on the highway as the snow storm hit and the road were slick. A SUV plowed right in back of her Honda Civic. Smashed her bumper and bending up her trunk. She was unhurt thank goodness. She is back at her dad's and not sure when she is getting home. He is helping her with the car issue.

I swear you never stop worrying about your kids!

Nothing much else.

Woe- not stellar today. I didn't feel the best. I just didn't want anything except some hot soup. It was chicken but had a little bit of rice in it. It was the only thing I had. I had stress guts over news of DD and my patient. My gut was in knots, where my stress hits.
Reboot tomorrow. new day.

Ok- I will be here about 5am tomorrow! Anyone want to join the 5 am party?!?!?!? LOLOLOLOL

Nite-- -
  #339   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-23, 05:17

BF:

Today is Monday right?

Goodness, working weekends, I am jumbled the rest of the week!

Feel better this morning, not stellar. That being said though I am back on my WOE plan. It is all about gut health to me!

I tell you my word for the year being PRESENT- has never been more of a truth for me than this year, this job, this experience. I am so good at putting life in cruise control. It's in my mind is better than a drama momma life. However, cruise control isn't my best self either.

You know seeing these women fight for their lives, has affected me. Some get time, some don't. It's a crap shoot. I read something one of them wrote. "Life is in the now".
I would call that PRESENT LIVING. My take on it. Being available to others but more important to myself.

I choose that word before I truly had a feel for what I would be doing in this gig. I choose it because I feel a shift in my thinking. This gig though has solidified my thoughts about it. We get one shot here. For better or worse. I want more than to just work. I will finish out this gig- June (I extended) then I would love to try something else. Alot can come my way between now and then!

I am in a truly pretty city, going to enjoy my time here.

Well that was a deep post. On that note! HA- Enjoy my last cup of coffee and a shower and I am on my way.

I will say though- I take the connector every morning to get from the island to the main peninsula. It goes over the river and Marina. I hit it right at sunrise. I am going to get a picture of it before I leave. It is one of the prettiest sights I will think about when I remember Charleston, because one can see the skyline of Charleston from that vantage point as well.

Gotta run!

Have a truly PRESENT day- takes discipline! My goal for today!
  #340   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-23, 06:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Snow/sleet/rain today. A mess! More coming on Wednesday. Over it. I was supposed to go out to lunch on Wednesday with a bunch of my golfing friends, but I'm sure that will be canceled. Several ladies who no longer play were going to be there and I was looking forward to seeing them. Stupid snow.

Tomorrow I get my hair cut/colored and then in the afternoon we're meeting with our lawyer to go over some details about what our first steps will be when we are faced with taking care of Betty's affairs. I have to review some of our documents etc. and get some questions jotted down for the meeting. I've been putting it off, but needs to be handled.

-----------

Jaz.....So sorry about the lady at work who lost her battle. You were such an angel for her. The department you are working in is emotionally charged for sure.

Trig...Hope your sinus issues are clearing up. It's no wonder with this crap weather!

Nic....I love how active your neighborhood in DE is. I think I would love to live in a place like that. I do like my alone time, but it would be nice to have stuff to do once in a while.

-----------

Another boring day. I may venture out later.....we'll see.
  #341   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-23, 06:48

BF:

Lori. So feel ya on 'estate affairs' and getting them handled. annoying to no end exiting this life is not easy on anyone with assets and how they are handled...ugh.

You are 'over it' with the snowy mess and more. Girl you in PA haven't even got the big winter hits yet? Ya think tho your weather will be on the better side? Hope so. Feb is a tough month for winter for alot of us.....I dread it. We got colder temps coming which is normal but I am SO not wanting ICE and more to come with it so far so good but bleck to all the winter crap that comes for us. Older ya get, cold winter crap is not a fun thing to deal.

Sorry your golfer friend get together might be cancelled. Something to look forward to and the darn winter weather can take it away.

Jaz, sorry you lost your patient but it sounds like a good passing. A good passing is SO wanted by everyone cause in the end we have no say in it but how we do exit life in a fine manner would be appreciated by all of course.

I don't know how you truly keep your emotions in check. Your job, I would be in such a mental mess. I say thank heavens every day for you who can put it in perspective and help so many others!

But I feel ya. Time to move forward 'for you' on your 'time' how ya want your daily life to go down. Just collect those thoughts and move forward as you need. All one can do but you got that insight up front to see it and will act on it as it suits you.

Yes I know Darien area and Brunswick areas and more and me and hubby had chats on it all but he is fine with like 30 mins from the beach and I AM NOT.
I know older we get we will not drive 1/2 hr to 'do beach stuff' so I want, point blank, waterway access and right near the beach, like a few 'rows over' type lifestyle. This is something I gave alot of thought, I am going 'to the friggin' beach' and will be 'steps' from it, or most, a 5 or maybe 8? min. drive from it Any further, older I get I won't wanna 'get in the car' for any length of time to enjoy the beach. That ain't me. All thru our lives in our RV we were in state parks and more right ON the beach. Access to it directly is key for me. I got the bucks to spend thankfully and I will find my 'right near the darn beaches' home and then settle in and call it a day LOL Hubby is like if he gets his ocean console boat he wants again then he will do a 1/2 hr drive to load/unload etc but if he has his boat at our dock at a waterway and go right from there for fishing, yes he will have the life. We had many boats thru the years and they were 'big used' for very short times til that 'drive to put it in the water' became more work than worth it. So....unless we are right on the water access areas, any boat will end up sitting as it did thru our life anyway ya know. I know him. I know me. But he will settle further away pretending it is 'good', ME.... I will not. I am going direct beach area for sure. The minute I see it, feel it, love it, I will buy instantly. Just gotta get kiddo settled in Western and then me and hubby to hit the road checking out waterway type coastal home locations. I can't even wait for doing just that and one can only do so much online to check, gotta be there, feel it ya know

Nicco. I still can't wait to hear where DS has chosen. So many options and great opportunity! Maybe overload, too many LOL but that is a great thing for him!

Model Row. Love it. Your small community sounds like a blast. Are the ages more like yours? Kinda like you hit that pre-retirement age community type neighborhood.....you all in that same transitional boat kinda?

--------------blah wintery day but 'some sun'. so much rain yesterday
today is super simple. no food calling me. big burgers with cheese and chicken. done zc day

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Jan-23-23 at 06:53.
  #342   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-23, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey friends!

Ah Trig, you have been inadvertently misled- a small community (in DE) it is not! When it is said and done, I think it will be around 650 homes. So quite large but not as large as some in the area for sure. And all SFH so I guess as far as that goes not as dense as those with townhomes and condos as well.

It's funny though- we know plenty of people already and it feels comfortably intimate but we are also enough people to feel some anonymity as well. A nice blend!

We are on the younger end of the community for sure. I'd say folks are in their late 60s on average? Most retirement age. But busy and active-- well, let me reframe that. I tend to think they are ALL busy and active but those are the people we see. I'm sure there are plenty that are not but we don't see them. I will say that the active 60s and 70s that we see can kick our butts in all kinds of ways. They make me feel like a sloth! MANY don't look OR act their age at all. It is a very good thing for us to be aware of so we don't age before our time.

Hey I know you are just looking for fun at this juncture until kiddo gets settled but you should send us listings now and again so we can see some things you might bite on if you were looking now. I would love to take that journey with you and dream with you!

Jaz- Great news that your hand is healing up so well.

Very sorry to hear about your client's passing (poor word but I'm not sure which to use here) but it sounds like it was somewhat peaceful for her, perhaps, to have the anxiety quelled and then drift off in sleep. I am sorry for the loss to her family and I know it has affected you as well.

So sorry DD got in a car accident. Very glad she was not hurt. DH and I nearly got in one on Saturday night. We came very suddenly face to face with a deer in the road. Luckily DH was driving and his car has all kinds of brake assist things and we managed to come to a stop just before we hit it--- while it just stood there like a literal deer in headlights. lol I tell ya, never has a phrase seemed so fitting as it JUST STOOD THERE LOOKING AT US lolol In my car no doubt we would have hit it (although I would have had my brights on, so maybe not lol)

Lori- I hate that the weather might interfere with your plans. Hopefully not. When my kids were home and young, I LOVED snow days. They were the best. I was just thinking today that we hardly ever get snow here anymore at all. I'm glad we did get some when they were young, including some MASSIVE snowfalls.

I think you would like the activity of the neighborhood as well. You would like having things to do of all varieties here! You could be as busy as you would like.. or not! You have your golf buddies a good half of the year though.

•••••••••••••••••

There won't be any news on DS24's decision until some time in April, I would guess. He hasn't heard from all schools yet AND only a few have made financial aid offers. Once he gets all those and figures out what he can negotiate, then I think they will come to a decision point. All decisions have to be made by May 1st.

So apparently my Dad was in the hospital over the weekend. He didn't even tell me until Sunday night. I guess he had progressive stomach pain on Friday and went in to the hospital Friday evening. They did tests and decided he had a small intestine blockage but by then it resolved itself, apparently. I'm glad he is fine although I'm sure he is worn out. We all know there is no rest in the hospital!

I think for this week we will do chili, steak and fish. Simple and done. I'll make the chili early in the week and then that will be around for lunches and leftovers.

Anyway all is well otherwise today and nothing earth shattering going on for this week. Just in a good place, for TODAY, living and focusing on today and my next right decision. Hugs to all!
  #343   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-23, 04:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Early morning cat cuddle time is over and now she wants outside. She sure rules this house!

I have to hit the ground running later this morning. I think I'll get my workout done around 9:30, then shower and go get my gray hairs covered and trimmed up. Then I'm going to stop and check in on Betty. I'll come home for a bit and then DH & I have a meeting with the lawyer. Shouldn't take too long. After that it'll be time to come home and figure out what to give DH for dinner. I may also pop in to Aldi since I'll be home all day tomorrow due to crap weather. I think we're only going to get a few inches of snow, but I'll be in hibernation mode.

Well, the cat is giving me "the look", so I'd better let her out. Time for another cup of coffee anyway.

Later!
  #344   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-23, 07:29

BF:

Nicco sorry on your Dad but super happy it turned out very well for him! MIL would do that too. Call later and say, hey I went to the ER and they fixed me and now I am home and we are like, WTF? but everyone does their own thing much to our no knowledge LOL

650 homes. WOWZA I was thinking way smaller for sure. but don't feel like a sloth, those 60s and 70s you stated might be in full retirement so they can do their thing there, you are still in college kid mode, still in DH working and this is a second home on top of the other with work in that respect, so yea, while younger your life probably don't ever equal theirs just yet but it is super great to read that the 'olders up and coming', like me now, are that active!! More power to that community to live great and enjoy. I am looking for way way more quiet life and smaller activity area. I wanted to buy a nice waterfront waterway home right across from the Holden Beach area and it was 899K but hubby had a cow. I am like we can do it and he is like, hell no we can't. I am like we banked it, we can now spend it on what we want and he just couldn't wrap his head around it. I said that 899 in 5 yrs will be 1.2mil and then we couldn't afford it but hey.....the darn compromising of life has to happen but damn if he ain't a darn thorn to drag me down sometimes. I mean I am super frugal to get what I want NOW....come on, let me have it LOL If we were in the right life spot, kiddo handled in full, then that conversation would have gone much more to my advantage but I had to back off cause of timing on it, bleck. ugh. and another ugh. I AM SO ready to move forward in my retirement ya know. But I guess I have to drag up some patience again, which I have little of truly thru my whole life Yea when we 'scope' out stuff I will keep ya in the loop for sure! We all can hunt me a new beach home

very cool on your DS. So many options but no matter what goes down he has a fab future for sure!! THAT is what all parents hope for and you got it in your big ol' brood, happy for ya family wise on it all Nicco! Nice to read all is ok ya know.

Lori....yea the mess is coming your way, probably with more mess to come.
Hope your lawyer meeting suits ya well. winter one doesn't care as much on our hair, we ain't out and about in public as much ya know but yea, get the shine on the hair and it does make us feel good tho! I colored a bit ago, I saw the gray and dull but didn't care but when I colored I was like, omg I SO needed that. It pumps ya back up!

Jaz, the word present day living. very great concept in truth of it all. but I so feel we are so bogged down with 'life as we lead it' and busy busy that we so miss it. well it falls that way for me alot of times thru my life Older I get tho I need one thing. Peace around me. No clutter, no crazy, no big noise, no drama and if I get that, yea I found my present day life LOL

------------today is simple food day. big ol' Tbone steak. then ? got chicken in there, got burgers. not sure what I want next...play by ear on that.
winter has shut me down on caring as much about food right now which is a good thing but I love my food, I wanna want it ya know LOL Not much to focus on in cold boring stay inside type weather. Got the fireplace humming and finally warming the ol' bones.

Probably gonna trade my 2 ATT PRO detectors in for a Equinox 900. The multi frequency and improvements are worth it for beach/black mineral sand. Might get like $400 against the new one so that would be ok. I want a new up to date dectector sooner than later now. Might wait a tad and see if new tech gets better ya know. Oh well just thinking on it. Sad tho my detectors which are expensive go so low each but hey, what really holds value when ya sell it and so old now LOL I know I don't HOLD value much as an 'oldie out there' in the world either HAHA

be good all
  #345   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-23, 07:29

BF:

Good Morning!

Today is my day off for working Sunday. I am already looking forward to the weekend! LOLOLOL

Trig- OMG your post had me rolling!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL I can just "see" you and the "Chop"- headed out in the RV in search of your "spot". Hey if you got the $$ you need to get what you want and not SETTLE. I so get it; we can't take it with us.
I love the idea of being that "little old sunkissed woman walking the beach in a straw hat".
I think of the cute couple on St. Simon. They own a beachfront cottage, steps from the sand. They had their own set up every morning they had coffee and read the newspaper on the beach under an umbrella. I want that life too! Me and the dogger! LOVE IT

It will come sooner than you know for yourself. As far as the farm goes- you will get a pretty penny for it when the time comes to sell. I would not put a drop of $$ into it. Some developer will grab it and build anyway. And so it goes. You will win in the end! That is what goes down with nice land like that.

Speaking of- any bites on the lake house? I am shocked yet not shocked it has not sold yet. First jacking up the interest rates to highs not seen since the 70's, add to a recession and and and and......... I am hopeful though come Spring it will come through for you.

Nic-
I was a DEER IN HEADLIGHTS READING your post! Holy smokes! I'm so glad nobody including the deer was hurt! That is scary for sure.

I loved reading about how healthy and active these seniors in your community seem to be. I also loved your sentence:
Quote:
It is a very good thing for us to be aware of so we don't age before our time.
That is SO SO SO true! You know the environment we are in has such an impact on us whether we realize it or not. I loved that- it IS good for us to know not everyone ages poorly!

That for the update on your DS as we are all anxious to see where his adventure takes him!

I am happy that your dad is back home, and his issue resolved. Goodness.............

Do you put beans in your chili? I am always on the lookout for LC Chili!!!

Lori- I agree, you need a beach house too with a community that all plays golf and tennis! You would be all in it!

Hope all is good in those "estate" meetings. Are you having that meeting with Betty present? Yup- details details!
I sure wish that good doctor would also pony up and get off the pot. I am sure you will bring that up!

I agree it seems that so far, the snow has not been heavy so far for MOST! But we have a minute still of winter to go. Thankful it is just a MINUTE!

You know it's funny your kitty is a lap cat. My pooch like to curl himself around my back (like a cat)- he doesn't do laps. It cracked me up! He loves to snuggle my back. Even when we sleep he puts his back right beside mine. Too frekin sweet.

Hope your lunch tomorrow is still a go!
------------------------------------------------------------

Sun is out and the beach is calling- I must answer! LOLOLOLOL
It will happen this afternoon.

This morning however I am moving very slowly. I am going to check out some new digs at 10 am. Then I will come back here pick up the pooch and off we go.

I also need to put in some ribs- use or lose, do some laundry, and misc. projects I have going. I have this camera I want to play with a bit. I also need to touch base with my DD- she made it home. Just an odd and end day, with a bit of beach. sounds good to me.

First day my hand is out of bandages. Healing up nicely. I am sure though the deep cut between fingers will scar. But who sees that? Not worried about it. I was worried of course about infection, but I treated it pretty fast.

All is well today.
Closed Thread