Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 15:34

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%
Question What to do when stuck?

Do I eat less carbs? Do I eat more carbs for a few days then back to low carb. Been trying to stay at 20 carbs or less. Feeling tried of not losing.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 15:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hiya, nsnd!

Sorry to hear that you're stuck ~ I know it can be frustrating and discouraging! A true stall can last for several weeks or more, at least in my experiences.

What I have done in that situation is just keep doing what I was doing (following my LC WOE plan religiously), eventually the stall broke on it's own.

Wishing you much success on your journey to better HEALTH!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 18:55

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%

My lowest weight was 302 on 2017-Nov-19, However, I have been up and down and stay around 307-308 right now. I want to get below 300.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 20:41
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hang in there!

I no longer have an atkins book but i believe he said a stall is a lack of weight loss and inches lasting longer than 6 weeks. You lost a lot, think of all the little changes going in your cells, with your hormones, lots of chemical adjustments happening.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 19:12

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

What is your eating pattern line Big Nate? Time of day, what, etc.

I'm working on a WWW theory for diet:

What you eat
When you eat
Why you eat

The last one is last for a reason. I think it's the most difficult to define. Take a long time of observation. For me, my end game for answering that last question is "...to nourish and care for my body in the best way I can at my current understanding." something like that. I expect that to change too as I grow old, fall sick and eventually die - like all living beings.

If you think you have a handle on "What you eat" experiment with "When you eat" I found good scale movement downward at times with limiting my "eating window" to the evenings and doing this for an extended amount of time, say a month or more for starters.

I'm now going to experiment with changing that pattern to mornings, before noon and see how I feel and how my body and mind react to that change in pattern.

I was "stuck" in a ~4 month stall (see my MyPlan) - I was eating the "right" things but eating too often, too much and for pleasure. Simple math. I didn't really gain or loose BUT my body definitely changed during this time. I got stronger both physically and in habit of eating "the right things for me"

Enough of my blahbing speculations...

I wish you well!

Last edited by thud123 : Thu, Jan-04-18 at 19:19. Reason: added graphic
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 04:27

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Good morning NSND,
I can tell you that when I thought I was stuck, I contacted the nutritionist at Atkins, and I was quite surprised at the response I got, my advise is to hang in, keep on keepin' on, you will get there, but here is what they had to say for what it is worth to you, best of luck to you...PS they also said it is not really a plateau until there is NO weight loss for, I think she said 6 weeks....

Thank you for contacting Atkins Nutritionals.

I thought the following things we hear the most often when people say they've plateaued, not been as successful losing weight or gained weight might help you get back on track:

1. eating less than 18 net carbs in a day
2. not getting the 12-15 net carbs from vegetables everyday (that’s approximately 6 cups of leafy greens and 2 cups of cooked vegetables)
3. too many artificial sweeteners/sugar free foods
4. too few calories: for women it should be 1500-1800, for men it should be 1800-2200