Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 19:24

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi Sandy,

I know I've been MIA, but just wanted to say you have done an incredible job! You look stunning!!! How brave of you to post pics to help others. You are made of tougher stuff than me for sure. Good for you!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 21:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%

Thanks you, Sue! I hope to see you around here more often.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 10:37

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 158/151/140 Female 61.5
BF:
Progress: 39%

Dear Sandy, Thanks for your answering me so soon. I'm really worried about my sister being that high in weigth.She won't go back on the CAD. So your secret was to go on all low carb diets every 20 lbs. That makes sense as the body doesn't really know what your up to.HAVE TO TELL HER THAT. Hugs CAG
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 11:42

Yes, Cag, I really like mixing it up with my body and keeping it guessing on what I'm going to do next. Hopefully, CAD will be the last WOE I ever do.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/165.5/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 82%

Sandy I know I posted on the other board.. But you do look awsome.. yowza girlfriend.. You are brave to post the before pictures.. I dont have any of me in well a bathing suit I havent owned one of those since before my son was born 14 half years ago..

But I can see a big difference.. And so can my customers since I see the same ones for over a year wholesale beauty supply.. I dont think they realize when they give compliments how much it helps one to keep on this woe.. I had one customer tell me today she didnt realize it was me.. and told my boss to make sure I know when to stop otherwise I will blow away.. haha.. I'm no where near ready to blow away.. I thanked her more than once and told her it really helps to hear it. I have also learned to take a compliment.. Just say thanks with out finding something else wrong with me to complain about..

Well now i'm getting long winded.. :O)

charmed
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 16:53

Thank you, Charmed. Yes, I have no shame in posting my befores. LOL

That is great that you can take a complement because so many people can't. What I'm nervous about is when I reach goal and the compliments stop. You know, that's what keeps me going right now; like you said. I guess I can't expect people to keep saying, "Wow, you've lost so much weight!" when I've been at goal for a few months. I'll just have to find other ways to keep motivated to maintain.

Good luck to you in reaching your goal. You are doing terrific!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 17:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/165.5/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 82%

Sandy,

I think when I get to the point of goal to keep my self going would be a new outfit everymonth.. ... Even if I have to go to the plus sizes to compare it with the old me to the new me..

The only reason I got into the mode of accepting a compliment, was a customer of mine started yelling at me. . it was more to prove a point.
He said now why cant women just say thank you. or they wont tell you what they want and be straight forward.. So I took him up on his offer.. I told him ok I need a hair cut and I cant afford to pay for it.. He said ok, not a problem.. He came into work the next morning and said.. Hello your hairdresser is here.. and cut my hair on the spot.. And from that point on I decided to just say thanks and start telling people what i want.. Not that it will work all the time.. But to get to the point and not say one thing and mean another.. That really confuses men Although I dont mind keeping my hubby guessing..

charmed
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 19:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Sandy-
your pics are awesome!!! You are so brave to share the bikini befores- and I think you look amazing after!!
One of the ways I stay OP is to focus on how I feel inside- and I feel great- and to continue feeling this way I have to be on CALP. I also gave myself permission to have fun with this new body- dress it up and take it out (LOL!!).
Thanks again for the great pics-
E
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 10:12

Thank you for the compliment, Eno! You are a big inspiration to me with this woe. If you can get down to 125 and stay there for over a year eating this way, I know I can do it, too; it gives me hope!

Charmed--Well, I hope he at least gave you a good haircut. LOL
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 10:30
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Great work, you must be so proud.

#26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 11:20

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Wow you look awesome !! Healthy and happy. Congratulations !!

LizzyLC

Last edited by lizzyLC : Tue, Oct-25-05 at 11:21. Reason: edited out a "help" sign I accidently typed
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 12:01

Thank you, girls!

AFwife--I see you have come a long way, too! Congratulations!!! And what a handsome boy you have there.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 12:03
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thank you Sandy....oh and there are two boys in my siggie, the little one and the oldest one. Alot of folks think it's one but it's two.

Take care!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 13:30

Beautiful children!!!
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 05:42

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hey, Sandy...what a transformation!! You must be so proud! You look great!
I know a great motivation for me is how I look in clothes and the confidence I have knowing I look good and comfortable in nice clothes.
I think a new outfit once a month would be a great idea to stay motivated..you'll still get the compliments (I hear you on this...I'm in the same boat)
I agree with Eno...we need to focus on how great we feel and enjoy life. I know I spent too many years not doing things because of lack of self-confidence and poor body image...those days are gone...YAHOOOoooo!!!
IT'S TIME TO LIVE AGAIN!!
Have a great day!!
Mary-Ann