Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 23:52
Registered Member

Plan: none in particular
Stats: 206/173/119 Female 5ft8
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default has anyone ever considered slimming world?

because lets be honest. we all love carbs. and wed all love to be able to eat as much carbs as we want. and ive been reading about slimming world and you can eat as much pasta as you want on green days.

im thinking of maybe losing another stone and then converting to slimming world to lose the extra weight and seeing how that works.

a lot of people here want to make atkins a permanent way of living but to be honest theres no way i couldd do atkins with limiting my carbs for the rest of my life (even though i know they can be increased)

i know i might put weight back on but i figure if i gradually increase carbs and keep exercising then i shsould stay ok.

plus i find low carbing expensive.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 08:14
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

I did WeightWatchers when i lived in the US a decade ago and lost quite a bit of weight then i came home and joined Slimming World, lost another stone too, however i ate and ate and ate and ate, yes you can eat lots of carbs, green days are awesome but there was no regulation for my appetite and it just perpetuated my bingeing and eventually the weight creep started again along with the depression and the same old yoyo cycle, i do struggle with maintenance but its not the foods i eat, my problems are physchological but slowly and surely i'm getting there, with lowcarb at least i don't have the hunger and deprivation to deal with too cos my appetite is physically satisfied, ymmv good luck with your choices (this is just my tuppence worth)

daisy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 21:22
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I don't know what Slimming World is, but I'll tell you that for me, the only way I can keep the weight off is to limit carbs for the rest of my life.

For me, that cycle of eating carbs, raising blood sugar, insulin spiking and the resulting hunger and craving for carbs is very, very real. If I start to eat too many carbs, I literally lose my ability to stop eating too many and I start to regain weight. It's easier for me to limit carbs than to try to have them as a regular part of my diet.

Now, I do cheat sometimes, and I'm not perfect, I gained a few pounds over Christmas (and had to go back to strict low-carb to cut the cravings and get the pounds off), but I'd say that 95% of the time, I eat low-carb. If I start eating high-carb more than that, I'm in trouble.

I do believe different diets work differently for different people, so if carbs don't affect you as strongly as they do me, then Slimming World might be a good choice for you, but if you do find cutting carbs really makes a difference in how you feel, how much you crave, how much your appetite is controllable, then you might want to reconsider staying low carb.

Val
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 03:08

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I have never tried slimming world but my sister and cousin have. Yes, you get carb days and protein days. This does mean that you can't have a meat sause with your pasta though and makes carbohydrate days practically vegetarian. It is interesting that if you stall on slimming world they tell you to do more protein low carb days! (I can't remember which way round the red/green days are.)

My sister and cousin were very pleased with the plan. Myh cousin lost 4 stone. She put it all back on though when she went back to 'normal' eating but this happens with all plans.

Good luck
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-17-07, 16:14

Plan: Atkins, Buttletproof
Stats: 170/165/119 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi....

I've done Slimming World for 2 years now.... only green as I'm vegetarian... and although it worked I feel it hasn't addressed the real issue. I eat.... a lot of food.... but this did nothing to teach me about portion size.

I'm converting to Vegetarian Low Carb diet.... sort of like Slimming World red days for veggies.... but the recipes in the book look good as well.

If you decide to do Slimming World then I wisgh you every sucess.... if it aint broke don't fix it though.... and remeemebr how good you felt when low carbs.

judith