Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 14:53

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 257/238.2/145
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Sixth Day Low Carbs - I have lost 8lbs

Hi everyone!

I'm Melissa and have been eating very Low Carbs for six days now and I have recruited my husband!!!!

I have lost 8lbs and started walking yesterday. I started at 257 and I am down to 249. My goal weight is 145lbs!

I have two weddings this summer and want to look GREAT! I would love to hear some success stories form anyone, on how long it took to lose their weight and what kept them going?

Nice to meet everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 15:00

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Melissa and welcome to this forum

You have done really well in losing 8 pounds in your first week of low carbing. I hope that your progress will continue with ease.

I think you should have a look in the success stories thread for some motivation.

I am sure you will be well on the way to your goal by the time those weddings come round.

Glad to hear you have started excersing.

Every success.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Smile Hi Melissa

Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

You sound like you are doing a Excellent Job and want to commend you on your 8 lbs lost, and hope that you keep hanging in there. It is slow, but it will come.

Everyone has a different story to tell when it comes to lowcarbing and losing weight. Some lose fast and some lose slower than others. My girlfriend lost 88 lbs in 1 year. She is currently maintaining now, which will be her second year and she still wants to take of another 2 lbs. but she is not obsessing over it. She says if during 2003 it falls off, she will be happy. She is currently wearing a size 6 from a size 24. Now that is success!.

So just have patience with yourself and try not to cheat or when you do, do it 2-3 months apart so you will have lost some of the weight you are aiming for. The trick is once you fall off is to get back on at the very NEXT meal, not the next day, or next week.

As you can see, there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND!

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... enjoy the journey and watch the results.