Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 09:07

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hey Wands,

Talk about born under a bad sign?!?! Not really though, you're still alive and kicking (and CUTE! don't discount that!) and we're fortunate enough to be living in the right place at the right time (i.e. filthy rich and idle compared to the rest of the world). Of course, our cushy lifestyle CAUSES these problems...

Yeah, I can't think of a way to put a question that could fully address the perspiring issue. High=bad, but High, then Low = worse...good thing we have you here to rely upon Also, with the perspiring issue, probably many bad off, dead tired folks never move around enough to know what normal vs heavy vs low perspiration is? Also, carrying lotsa weight skews that ?... I am such a geek! I love picking apart stuff like this. What is WRONG WITH ME??? he he.

I, frankly, would do what you suggested over what the entire medical community would advise...I know you are LIVING it. Thanks, as always for sharing.

Hugs,
Jinx

PS You can tell your doc/dh to put that in HIS pipe and smoke it! I sure hope he's learning from you - that or else you need to heal up and get your medical license.

Last edited by MsJinx : Mon, Jun-23-03 at 09:15.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:48

Plan: Modified Schwarzbein
Stats: 239/221/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default But what if...

...I am overweight and have been an excess drinker (former)?
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 11:11
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Wanda

Quote:
I realized that I'd always had adrenal fatigue even as a kid. He talks about how a difficult pregnancy can cause adrenal fatigue in the fetus, creating a genetic-like component.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while - how is your sister's health? From comments you have made in the past I am guessing that you are not identical twins. Does she have the same sensitivities as you?

I think my adrenal fatique started in childhood too, the move from Scotland to Canada probably started it all, that's when the IBS was diagnosed (at 5 years old) and after that we moved at least once a year. That's even before other events added to the stress - I guess I'm lucky I'm not worse off.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 11:16
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jinxy:

Quote:
PS You can tell your doc/dh to put that in HIS pipe and smoke it!

Only if he smokes it when I'm not around. Seriously, though, he's one of the good guys. He referred me to my doctor and refers many of his patients to this doctor if they are the type that want to change their lifestyle in order to get healthy. It's a good arrangement.

The College of Physicians & Surgeons is really trying to do a number on any doctor that practices complementary medicine in Ontario. Anyone who faces that challenge is really special, and it has deterred a lot of doctors from embracing CM into their practice. DH was even nervous when I suggested selling pharmaceutical grade supplements in his practice.

There's no doubt that he's learned a lot from what I went through. I give him credit for listening to me talk adnauseum about each book I read. Of course, he probably tunes out most of it.

Ken, being overweight doesn't necessarily equal adrenal fatigue. Previous excess drinker, maybe yes. But how long ago was it?

Wanda
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 11:54
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

I too believe I was born this way. My mother was overweight, stressed ( my father is an alcoholic) and she contracted german measles while carrying me. I was 3 weeks premature and she said I had terrible colic as a baby. Flat 7-up was the only thing that would stop be from screaming. Hello sugar. It explains a lot. Especially as a teen. I would get excited about going somewhere or doing something and end up sick. I thought it was just bad luck. Really sucked. I have the toe thing too. My second toe is longer than my big toe and I have long ligaments. "I'm bendy." I've read those are physical manifestations of long term adrenal fatigue.

The bendy part's not a bad thing .

LizzyB
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 11:58

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

On the first one, I scored 13-15, depending on how I answered a couple. Very mild, if anything. On the second test, I scored 30, so I guess that confirms the first one. The second test seemed kind of weird though. It does seem to be geared towards depression, like Jinx said. If I had taken that when I was depressed, I would have scored much higher. It seems as though the things attributed to adrenal fatigue vary depending on who you ask.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 12:51
Mad Scientist

BF:

Hi Lizzy:

Quote:
I would get excited about going somewhere or doing something and end up sick.

Hey, this always happened to me too. Some of my most memorable moments as a kid, being sick in bed while my class was off doing something really fun. Is that related to adrenal fatigue?

Hey Jinxy, you've got lots of research subjects for a study on childhood adrenal fatigue. But no, we won't be part of your current study.

Wanda
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 15:17

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Actually Wanda, Ms. Smarty Pants, the most current lab I was in examined how and when children develop attitudes/awareness regarding gender and race. Like, at age 5 kids know that, in general, women and blacks have lower status, lower paying jobs. Isn't that something? Talk about off the topic!

Anyway, yes I would LOVE to study stress hormones. I feel like I've always been extra frail: I've had terrible allergies since I was born, tonsils out at 5, mumps, measles, mono... My mom was a unhealthy young woman (now, much worse) when she had me, dad was an alcoholic (dead mid 40s).

What was this thread about again????

My neighbor (in our Duplex) has moved out and hired a lady to come in and clean. Now, with all my windows closed, and a separate AC unit, only shared walls - nothing weird, MY HOUSE IS THICK WITH THE SICK SMELL OF UNDILUTED BLEACH AND LYSOL. It is SO SICK! I am just not even kidding. I may be forced to leave here, directlly. GAG!

Jinx
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 20:35

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Okay, Wanda, the last link you mentioned with the adrenal test, I scored an 86!!!! It says I am "in a dangerous place"! Yikes. I thought I was getting better. I was interested in what you said about sweating. I very rarely sweat, no matter how hot it is. Today I was working outside, and I was shocked that I was sweating. Maybe I am on the mend. This is all just too interesting!

Wanda, do you have Dr. Wilson's book, and is it any good?

-DeniseB
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 01:16
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 250/243.8/121
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Oh no! More worries to add on!

I scored pretty high in both tests and came in at 55 on last one!

I can't seem to find where you guys got all the info re the 2nd toe longer then the 1st but I have that too always have.

I too was most definitely born stressed. It did'nt help that my elder sister kindly told me that my mum was going to have me aborted either........then found out why, oh boy!

I used to perspire so much that co-students at a college for beauty therapists used to think I'd 'dunked' my face in a basin of water but now, years later, its mysteriously disappeared and to think I was pleased about that! Here I am wanting to perspire again!!!

I'm not on Shwarzbein, altho I had skimmed thru the book then promptly lent it out - but just this week started the stone-age diet. Too soon to tell if its better for me then the super-modified Atkins I was on.

I think I feel a new topic coming up.

Cheers for the interesting questionaire and reads

Ahhaba
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 07:07
Mad Scientist

BF:

Oh Jinxy, I can really sympathize. I've removed all cleaners from my home too. Can you talk to your neighbour? It's hard.

I have a neighbour who uses fragrance dryer sheets so when she's drying her clothes, I can't sit out on my deck. Forget about walking outside on a weekend, for that matter. I hate being different.

Denise, on Dr. Rind's metabolic scorecard, he mentions that sweating may be excessive in the early phases, and poor in the late phases. I too never sweat. At least I don't have to wear harmful anti-perspirants. Here's that scorecard: http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

Yes, I have Dr. Wilson's book. It is surprisingly close to Dr. S.'s recommendations except in his thoughts on fats. He recommends 25-30% fats from mostly poly and mono fats (basically Udo Erasmus's recommendations). I think Zandria72 was able to get it from her library.

Wanda
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 09:46
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Quote:
Hey, this always happened to me too. Some of my most memorable moments as a kid, being sick in bed while my class was off doing something really fun. Is that related to adrenal fatigue?

I was under the impression the excitment would be a form of stress (body doesn't know the difference between good or bad stress when it's damaged, stress is stress) and the stress under a fatigued adrenal condition would lead to a weakened immune state leaving one open to illness. Or it could have not been a real illness and the seeming illness was actually a fibro flare up appearing to be a flu like condition. I would get very tired and weak and run a low grade temp for a day or two and it would be gone. No one else at home would be sick, either. Fun ain't it?

ahhaba:
Quote:
I can't seem to find where you guys got all the info re the 2nd toe longer then the 1st but I have that too always have.
I couldn't tell you where I saw it. I found it in an article months ago when I first found out about all this stuff. If I see it again, I'll post it here. It was something about physical symptoms of a life long fatigued adrenal condition. Results in actual physical manifestation from the imbalanced hormonal state.

Learning about all this stuuf has explained so many wierd things in my life... Used to get a weird rash on my chest the doc had no clue. Middle school age. I now know it was a yeast rash. Nothing would get rid of it. It left when it felt like it.

Jinxy: Me too! The orange scented kitchen spray is about all I can stand. I used unscented everything else.

LizzyB

Last edited by m1whowaits : Tue, Jun-24-03 at 09:47.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 11:25

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

Wanda, how do you come up with all these sites?? That was interesting...though if it is accurate, I don't clearly fit into any category. MOST of my answers were in the middle (mixed), but sometimes I had one of the others, and sometimes none of them really applied. You just can't always stick someone in a category, I guess.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 16:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I came out moderate to strong with a score of 39
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 17:39

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Is there a current link for this test?

I am interested in the adrenal questionnaire. TIA!