Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-13, 21:57

Plan: South beach
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Not losing. Scared I'm gaining weight

Hello all. I'm new here. I really need help. I'm trying this low carb thing. I'm reading the south beach diet book. I also have Atkins for life, but haven't read it yet. I'm been doing this nearly a month. I felt awful about two weeks in. Thanks to you guys though, I read about that and wasn't surprised. I'm not losing any weight. In fact my clothes are feeling a bit tighter. I feel great though. Last night I feel off the wagon and had some cereal. This morning I went right back on. I'm hoping this diet will work, but so far it hasn't. Should I be counting calories too. I've been trying to stick to the list and I read the label on anything I eat. I don't know what else to do. I like the idea of this diet. Even if I don't lose, I will still track my carbs. I had no ideal how many I was eating. Come on guys, I need help or maybe encouragement.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-13, 00:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Put a sample of your menu down so that we can have a look?? However, falling off the wagon with cereal wont help lol!! The one thing I've found with this eway of eating is that you simply cant cheat

Jo xxx
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-13, 16:43

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Thanks for answering. Haha I know I shouldn't hav had the cereal, but I felt a little down because I am actually trying to follow this plan but it doesn't seem to be working. Today I had 2 eggs with light cream(scrambled) and 2 pieces of sausage pattie and water. For lunch hadngrilled chicken salad with tomat bacon bits cheese and ranch dressing and water. For a snack, a sausage link. For dinner we will have a tomatoe avocado blue cheese salad with a sausage link. I was taking an Adkins bar for lunch but everyone says they are not good somthismweek I won't have them. I had at least one per day. I'm gonna stick with it. Maybe I can tweak it and get results. I'm pretty active I clean 4 big houses from top to bottom every week. Thanks for any suggestions
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-13, 18:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

You are definitely right to ditch the Atkins bar - the sugar alcohols they are sweetened with cause stalls for lots of dieters. I know this isn't a really popular suggestion, but try tracking your calories for a few days and see where you come in at - shouldn't be higher than within 200 calories of your BMR.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-13, 08:01
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Check the ingredients in the sausage, they may have sugar.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-13, 10:43

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky7474
Check the ingredients in the sausage, they may have sugar.

Good point, Becky

In UK almost all sausage products have added rusk (wheat product) as well as an extender, so label reading is always needed!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-13, 12:49

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

The sugar alcohol in the atkins bars cause me to have cravings and gain weight.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-13, 13:48

BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Dumped the bars to be on safe side

This week will not use Atkins bars. Today had sausage and egg burrito
From McDonald's, but I ditched the wrap. Lunch was cheese and turkey wraps and collard greens. I checked label on the sausage and it had 3 gm of carbs and cheese has a trace and turkey has 1 g. And lots of water. I started taking a multiple vitamin today. Does anyone feel like their muscles are feeling squishy or soft. It could be my imagination or I have been reading too much haha. Thanks for answering you all.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-13, 07:49

BF:
Progress:

It's Monday and I feel great. I have not gotten on the scale but I can visibly see a change in my body and I hav a dress that I keep trying on. It's getting better. I will stay strong. My question today is what to use to fry shrimp. That's all I want fried . I bought some soy flour. It made a good thickner for gravy. Will it be good to flour shrimp?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-13, 08:05
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Soy flour is nasty, IMHO. Check out the cooking forums, here. People use almond flour, coconut flour, lupin flour, pork rind crumbs, peanut flour, and probably a few more I've forgotten.

Be sure to taste the soy flour before you waste good shrimp with it. You may hate the taste.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-13, 13:30

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinde
Does anyone feel like their muscles are feeling squishy or soft. It could be my imagination or I have been reading too much haha. Thanks for answering you all.

Absolutely not. Low carb preserves muscle mass as it preferentially burns fat. Resistance exercise will make them feel more substantial.