Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 22:33

Plan: General
Stats: 239/229/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy I have been LCing for 31 days now, Slow loss!!

Getting discouraged and need some support. You who have had good steady weight losses, how many carbs a day do you try and stay under? Do you count you fat too and try and stay lean? Do you eat many nuts of any kind. I would like to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am in a moderate level of ketosis most of the time for the last 3 weeks. HELP! Lu LU
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 22:52

Plan: protein power-GO diet
Stats: 224/179/166 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

LuLu,
don't be discouraged...slow loss is better than no loss. I'd stay under 40 grams of carbs and don't count fat at all. I've been doing Protein Power and do find that eating protein helps me lose weight, so eat at least 20+ grams of protein per meal, and drink lots of water. Some people llose weight slowly because they're not eating enough, or not enough protein or fat, others lose slowly because they are consuming way too many calories...don't count calories, but keep in mind that frequent visits to the buffet table, even low carbing, don't help with weight loss.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 23:01

Plan: General
Stats: 239/229/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

ira, Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like you are doing well on your plan. I keep hoping for a whoosh but doesn't seem to come. I am happy to be feeling better and NOT STARVED all the time!!!! I guess I will concentrate on that and start logging my carbs. Thanks Again, Lu Lu