Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#856   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-21, 07:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco you baby that foot! ice it and relax it cause you don't wanna go down again even worse!! be careful on that sucker, they can get very bad LOL

waygu ain't no prize to me either.....for the price difference I have to say I didn't find that cost worth it for taste and more...my regular old 85/15 store burger is fine for me but glad your burgers turned out good tho!

Lori....enjoy your golf day....I am surprised your weather is holding well, I woulda thought you would be in this 4 day rain fest we have happening here.
Yea the nails on the floor are actually annoying to me for some reason....like nails on a chalkboard kinda feeling but even with his clipped nails he still is making a good bit of noise

Jazz, yea that is weird being monitored while doing your job like that but hey ya got a 100 on it at least you know your job is being more secure now and $$ to be made from your home!!

Publix, ow, same here. they are high high in price, I don't shop them at all. Ingles is another high priced store here.....thing is they are new stores, spanking new and clean ya know SO WHO is gonna pay for that building? WE ARE but hell no, they are like 50-75 cents higher on ALL items and more than that on alot of things, so nope, I search out the cheaper stores too.

Girl prices are hiking up on everything. ugh

---------all good
rainy
icky mostly
4 or so days of this crap

got a ribeye for later
got 2 burger patties to eat in a while and save steak for last meal I think

nothing mostly doing....hubby home and annoying me! kid alseep. dog asleep....and blah blah boring here

oh well, off to put wash in dryer...fun times here!
Sponsored Links
  #857   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-21, 11:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

OMG.....it is SO hot & the humidity is awful. I like warm weather, but it would be nice to be able to breathe. My friend had a Dr. appt this afternoon, so we only played 16 holes instead of 18 so she could get home and grab a shower before her appt. Wouldn't you know....I was playing so well...and we had to quit early. Tomorrow is another day.

I came home and grabbed my little shopping list and headed to the grocery store. I figured better to get it done today than have to tear around early tomorrow morning before heading to the course. I came home and cleaned 2 boxes of strawberries that DH had brought home so he & Betty can have berries tonight. Finally had a minute to get a shower and now I'm down for the count.

Isn't Wagyu(sp?) beef from Japan or something like that? I've never even seen it for sale around here. Of course, I've never made it a point to look for it.

DH is having an easy warm up dinner and I'm having a Freshly meal...turkey meatloaf with....? I forget what the side is with this one. The other night I had Chicken Parm that was so freakin' good. Low cal too.

DH is napping in his recliner and I just might do the same.

Later!
  #858   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning!

I have just a few minutes before I have to get ready to head to the golf course. Another warm, humid day, but it is supposed to be better starting tomorrow. Humidity will drop and it'll feel wonderful outside.

DH has to take Betty to a Dr. appt. today and while they're out, I'm going to go to her house and change her bed and do a little cleaning. It's just easier to do when she's out. I'll stop on my way home from golf this afternoon.

Ok gang......have a good Wednesday!
  #859   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 05:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning! You know it bad when ya just wake up tired!
I don't know what is wrong with me. I started feeling punk yesterday afternoon. I wasn't sure if I was hungry or just a wonky gut. So I ate a little something, left over pot roast. It was good. But I just didn't feel better. Then I got dizzy last night while unpacking boxes.

I am almost done in the office. Now it about just putting stuff away and organizing. I think I am down to 3 boxes. However, I am just tired. Anything I get done will be a bonus today. I am just not feeling it today.
I think I am going to take my own advice and do some self care for a few days. Those boxes will be there when I feel better.

Trig- We are in that tropical weather pattern of hot, sticky, then rain in the afternoon, and then you see the steam just rising off the pavement! Yea....like that!
Hot HOT HOT- you doing your pool?

Lori- bummer on cutting your game short! But hey today is a new day! I know you will have fun!!!!
I know Betty loved her berries. Can you believe we are almost halfway through June!!!!

Nic- Hey!!!!!
-----------------------------
Already did my stuff up top- just getting through today. Hoping to feel better. Just moving gentle........... I found my diffuser- Thinking some peppermint and lemon would be a great blend. I was missing my diffuser!!!!

Back later
  #860   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 06:43

BF:

Lori enjoy your golf day!

Jazz, it hit ya you are moving at warp speed, tired, could be some adaption since you are sticking hard to your WOE so rest....chillax....take time for you.....SLEEP/NAP and sleep/nap again if you can, when you can....hopefully you will come around fast!

Hey Nicco

----------so off for haircut in a minute, finally! omg need this hair cut SO bad LOL

then I have to color it soon.

work on pool...nice sun with clouds but doing outside stuff.

off I go....everyone be good

I got a ribeye steak for tonight

stopping at grocery on way home from hair cut.....need chuck roast hubby wants to cook with taters, onions and carrots....luckily kiddo likes it too so that is dinner for them.

need to buy more hamburger....been eating a good amt of cheeseburgers lately, got a hankering LOL

over and out
  #861   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 15:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ladies!

Trig- I hope your haircut is fabulous. You will feel so light and airy and ready for summer!

When is DD's last school day? Is she finished? I can't remember.

Jaz- Make sure you are staying well hydrated, and maybe consider taking some sports salts or something like that to keep your mineral balance up. I hope you feel better. Big hugs!

Lori- I hope you had a fabulous golfing day today. I am very excited about a break in the heat and I know you are too!

So the Wagyu ground beef that I had from Costco .. I spotted it today (but did not buy) and it was 3 lbs for 16 dollars I think. So not cheap but not horrible. It was worth it to try. Everyone liked the burgers. I thought they were fine but not the best ever or anything like that. I made seven and they were all eaten though so I guess they were all right!

•••••••

Today has been a good day but sorta busy. Went to Costco, came back and had lunch, took a shower, then did an online meeting while making meatballs and sauce. After I write this I will probably go ahead and eat- it's 5:30 now.

I managed to pump gas at Costco without having a freaking heart attack. I went to another gas station yesterday and there were so many cicadas that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I AM SO OVER IT.

I decided to sit out pickleball today- I'll play on Friday and Sunday. My right knee had been feeling just slightly off and I wasn't about to mess with that!

That's about it from here. Not all that much going on! DS19 just went to the ocean overnight with a friend, and DS22 leaves on Sunday for 10 days in NC with his fiancee.

OH! DS19 and his GF broke up again last night. He was sad but we comforted him and then his friends did also. It is just not meant to be right now. Her mom is just a piece of work and, well, best to not get involved in that in the long term. You know? He seems okay today.
  #862   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-21, 20:11

BF:

quickie- I don't have Covid. I have a raging sinus infection that has gone to both ears to the point the doctor ask if they hurt and said they looked ready to bust. AWESOME.

on Mussinex, Antibiotic, Steroids, and Benadryl. I am a zombie. No wonder it explains the tired, headache, dizzy and just over all ick.....

I am off to bed. Glad I went to urgent care. I just went down hill fast today. Lucky for me today was a catch up day and I was not on the phones so I could use my lunch hour to go.

I hate taking antibiotics - but I truly don't think I can skirt this one. It has to be done. But it will rob my gut of good bacteria right before 2nd shot. - dang.......Bed is calling my name.

Just an update. One box left in office- 4 in car to hit goodwill and tossed out 3 full boxes of just JUNK. ALMOST there!!!!!!
  #863   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-21, 04:08

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz.....so sorry about your sinus infection. Thank goodness there are antibiotics to cure it! I hope you don't have a horrible day of work while you're trying to get over this thing.

Trig....hope the haircut is awesome! I've been letting mine grow and it's starting to drive me nuts. It's just to the point where I can pull it back for golf, so hate to get it cut now. It looks ok when I take time to style it with the hair dryer and a round brush, but to just let it go...?.....it's fuzz city!

Nic.....hope DS is doing ok after the break-up. Ah....young love. It can feel like the end of the world. I'm sure he'll be fine when the dust settles.

---------

Another day on the golf course today and then we're taking tomorrow off before playing both weekend days. Whew! Today should feel a lot better since the humidity is less this morning. Wonder how I'll play today? I never know.

We're getting take out tonight for dinner as I don't feel like dealing with trying to figure out what to cook. I think I'll stop and buy a rack of baby back ribs to make for dinner tomorrow. DH has been saying he's hungry for them. Makes an easy dinner after 4 hours in the oven.

Have a day!
  #864   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-21, 04:30

BF:

Nicco, oh yea school is over. Now we are waiting for end of Aug for her to go back for real.....all day long....5 days a week....I think all parents are gonna be in heaven this coming school season LOL

Wow, you must have so many darn bugs if you are freaking out they are piling up on the ground.....ewwwww.....right now I am dealing with the darn Japanese bettles.....I have tons of them floating in the pool LOL

sorry on DS19.....but the momma, a piece of work as in 'run from this family' before ya are screwed for life being tied down to it forever and tear every last hair ya own out? So young tho.....so many more nice gals out there, there will be a connection to someone else before ya know it!

Jazz, Ohhhhh I feel for you....darn right hit the antibiotics and don't look back. Sometimes you really need them.....I also know when I am getting worse when my ears clog and I feel it and those infections have alot of nasty side issues, just drags one down.....so yea rest and drug up!! That is what sure would do LOL

One of the worst is the dizzy/light headedness...I get very light headed when my head goes off.....if I stop and turn too fast I get woozey or if I bend over to pick something up I come up and ---woooooo----get all fuzzy headed. I live with that it seems cause my allergies tend to hit me the same way.

Hope the drugs work fast for you

Lori.....yes I am the same. Longer my hair gets the more weight drags it down and I have no fluffy volume and I do the same like you, if I don't 'do something' it is a fuzzy nightmare mess.....eh, from all the coloring I do but still.....I hate the fuzzies

wow your golfing schedule is kinda brutual....you got golf days lined up one after the other after the other.....I know you sure enjoy it!

Have you stopped buying your delivery meals to the house? I know you loved those for ease.

I am like you, cooking is so annoying anymore. I want convenience and done in the kitchen, it has no hold on me anymore.

------------------So haircut done.....WEE.....feel 20 lbs lighter HA
(Yea wish it worked that way for real)

today I have 2 cheeseburger patties and a 1 lb. pork tenderloin mini roast to fry up. That might not be enough food, if I want more I can tuna or bacon it.

cloudy icky type day, more clouds than any sun peeking thru

blah

regular ol' house chores and ?? not sure but something will go down LOL maybe color hair later

over and out and be good all
  #865   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-21, 06:57

BF:

Hey all- you early birds you!!!!!!

I slept like a log. Where do we come up with those? Do logs sleep? We all know sleeping like a baby is a misnomor- ask any new parent! HAHAHAH

Trig- urghhhhhh.... I know you so struggle with the sinus crap. It is terrible. It just takes ya down. I know this infect will clear up and I will be good. I am not prone to sinus stuff. I get allergies here and there with weather changes but truly nothing like you deal with!

Super glad you got your hair cut! I know you feel better. I so agree. I have been truly watching people (ladies) lately. Specifically their hair. I have noticed that alot of women over 50/60 have this long straggling hair. It just drags them down and makes them look SO much older!
I so MISS my long tresses but I think I fell in that same category. It was time for a super cute cut. So I think it's awesome you got your cut that flatters you!
Yup- go for that color today!!!!!

Lori- I was wondering the same thing.... do you not get your food boxes anymore? Are you "one of those" That try it for the low price and then ditch?!?!?!?- LOVE IT!
First you get to try it and truly decide if you like it...taste, cost, liking ect..... and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg! Second it does add some variety.

Have fun today! Toast me slaving away at work while you are on the course enjoy a beer! I will be there someday!

Nic- OMG on piles of bugs. NO WAY. They are making news here about YOUR area. They are showing up on radar. How do you get rid of all of them? I bet the birds are over joyed!

YES- if your feet are screaming or even whining- listen to your body! I tell ya after dealing with planter fasciitis, the feet are no joke!
Glad those you are enjoying your summer!

Hiya Blue-
-----------------------------------------
Felling a bit better today. I have the antibiotics going and the mussinex flowing and water....and and and ......blah blah....... Yea I sound though worse than I feel now. It has effected my voice box.
Just 2 days to get though. 16 hours.

Although it will be a working weekend. I need to plow through some CEU's for my License coming up for renewal. I thought it was NEXT year!!!! Soooooooooo...... it has to be done.
I signed up for a place that will give me unlimited classes for 40 bucks a year. I will pick ones that interest me. Like on nutrition and such. So it is basically reading and test taking.
Not hateful.....

ON point! WOE- Sloppy Joe. I need to use this hamburger today!

Lator gators!
  #866   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-21, 12:03

BF:

Home from a good day on the course. Lots of good shots today!

Yes.....I have been getting, and enjoying the food box.....Freshly. It is precooked and just needs warming up. It makes an easy dinner for me and I know just how many calories/carbs are in my meal. Plus.....I think they are very tasty. I only get 4 meals a week....just enough to help me out with cooking. DH is not fussy at all and I can always whip him up something easy. He's not into sauces etc that a lot of the meal boxes have, but I love them. They do an excellent cauli mash that I really love.

Ok.....all showered and collapsed in my recliner. I'll go get dinner for us later and not much else happening today.
  #867   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-21, 03:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Up stupid early, but looking forward to a day of just puttering around the house. I have a mountain of laundry to tackle and have to make DH a shortcake. I'm also going to make ribs for him for dinner tonight. He'll be a happy boy.

I was like a bottomless pit yesterday, so really have to watch myself today. Scale was up to a number I don't want to see. I know it's bloat from the crap I ate yesterday and last evening. I don't know why I was just starving yesterday. I couldn't seem to find something to satisfy me, so I just kept eating this and that. Sigh.......

Not much else going on here. Does anyone have any exciting weekend plans? You know where I'll be.......yep, on the golf course. I'm nothing if not predictable!
  #868   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-21, 05:16

BF:

Jazz, yea like you I think a bit shorter hair frames an older face better than longer hair.....not sure why that is HAHA but I feel ya on it.

Hope you are feeling better today!

Lori....mountain of laundry...ugh. Something that never ends!
Golf over the weekend? What, wow, something different right? HAHA you are so lucky you have something like this you love love love!

Hey Nicco.....I also saw your bug issue on the news....too many icky bugs....feel for you on that one.

----------all good
sunny til this afternoon when we got 2 days of Tstorms rolling in.

will goof outside til I can't....use up all the sunshine I can before I am stuck inside.

fast run up to little store for a few things in a bit.

home to goof off then.

I lost a 1/2 lb.....that makes 1.5 lbs down for June so far.....so far, well that will probably be it for the month now HAHA but it is fine....I take what zc gives me. Feel great tho!

over and out and be good all
  #869   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-21, 06:42

BF:

Trig- WHOOT on that 1/2 pound down! I am amazed at the way you can toss back a set of ribs, steak, and you are so in your zone. You have found that sweet spot your body LOVES!

Have you ever heard of doing genetic testing for diet? I was listening to someone I forget who. But anyway he was saying that people who were more the hunters are geared for carnivore, and those that were farming need more green veg. I dunno it was an interesting thought.
Love you feel so good= priceless!!!!!!!!

Lori- feel free to come do laundry. You know I don't mind laundry. I love the way it smells when it's done. Stripping the bed and putting it back is a pain but I do love clean sheets!

Enjoy your day puttering! LOVE some ribs in the oven low and slow. It just smells so good!

Nic- update!
--------------------------------------------------------
Not much happening here. Hot as hades here today. Going to get to 95 and just dripping sweat kind of day. Perfect day for pool or AC!!!!

Just work and self care today. Chilling out today. Fridays are just a recoup day! It will be left over chili and a glass of wine on my patio after work.

I'm off............. time to plug into work- 8 hours and counting.
  #870   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-21, 07:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

We've got the rain today but we are also much cooler, which is welcome after several 90 degree days. I'll take the more normal low 80s temps for a while, thank you very much!

Trig- Wow, congrats on such an awesome loss so far for June! That is really fabulous. Well done, Girlie!

What is your DD doing to fill her days, or is she just chilling? Does she want to do anything like babysitting or some other type of job yet? My DD brought in THE BUCKS babysitting starting at 13 and my boys were so jealous. They both got jobs in late high school but wished they could have started earning money as early as she did!

Jaz- I am so sorry you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better now. Keep getting rest and hopefully you will be back to center quickly!

Lori- Enjoy your day of puttering and shortcake making!

•••••••••••••

Off to pickleball in an hour. I didn't play midweek because the Fri, Sun, Mon was a lot at once and my knee was giving some warning signs. It was my own fault- I played on Monday and then instead of coming home and icing, I went on to run errands. Not a good decision for the future.

So that and a shower today, leftovers tonight. Tomorrow DH and I go and spend some time with his parents and take them out to dinner bc BIL and SIL are celebrating their 20 year anniversary. We are going to take them to Bonefish Grill.

Things are going well with all the Fam. DS19 got back from his OC trip. He and his three friends who are doing the 10 day trip coming up did it as a practice run. DS22 continues his roommate search and leaved today to go to NC for 8 days to stay with his fiancee. He will work from there. I will be getting some down time here in the house with DS22 gone and DS18 working some days. That will be weird!

That's about it from here. On plan now about two weeks straight and counting.