Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 21:33

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

Today is Friday-I have forgone happy hour in lieu of exercise. I am very social, this is killing me! I have not lost any weight this week or in the past 2 weeks, I know I'm eating right, so I think it's the exercise.

I'm still doing an hour on the treadmill, almost all uphill, when I flatten out and slow down, I do some weights while walking slowly, then speed back up and start climbing hills again.

I need a month of consistent exercise, in the past I've started/stopped a lot.

I've stopped using excuses, I'll never be thin without exercise, it's that simple
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 21:33

Today is Friday-I have forgone happy hour in lieu of exercise. I am very social, this is killing me! I have not lost any weight this week or in the past 2 weeks, I know I'm eating right, so I think it's the exercise.

I'm still doing an hour on the treadmill, almost all uphill, when I flatten out and slow down, I do some weights while walking slowly, then speed back up and start climbing hills again.

I need a month of consistent exercise, in the past I've started/stopped a lot.

I've stopped using excuses, I'll never be thin without exercise, it's that simple
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-07, 10:20

Loving my treadmill workouts! It's getting easier to do 1 hour, and I'm not at the quit-at-30-minutes anymore. I'm working on increasing speed and maintaining it through my uphill trudges, hopefully I don't kill the treadmill! I've been adding weights at the cooldown phase, my arms are killing me today.

I also re-joined Golds' gym, which is finally opening in the spring in my town, but in the meantime I can use the one near my work, so I start Saturday taking a class, one at a time, 1-month goal is to take 1 spinning class a week and one other type of exercise class a week.

Weight finally coming down, now that I'm adding more calories to fuel my workouts!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-07, 20:34

Well I have added a new twist to my workouts! In addition to my 1-hour treadmill-from-hell uphill workouts, I have decided to start taking a toning class on Saturday morning, and oh man, I am SO sore today I can barely lift my arms to have my cup of coffee!

So I decided to go back to the gym and do a 1/2 hour on the elliptical and circuit training, and once I stretched out the sore muscles, I feel much better!

I'm doing good on my every day workouts, with no breaks, I have a lot of weight to lose, I need to work out every day!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 19:54

I had an epifany today...........some tough love is required......

I have been exercising every day for an hour on the treadmill, ALL uphill, and apparently I thought that entitled me to a weekend cheat (only one thing.....my weakness, ice cream), then on Monday, weight back up a few pounds, then all week trying to get down to where I was before the weekend fall off the wagon, round and round I go..........

Guess I'm pretty dense, but at this rate, I'll lose 3lbs in a year! So recommitted myself to exercise, ONLY low-carb eating for me!

Confession is good for the soul..............
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-07, 11:53

Friday again.........I have exercised all week consistently! 1 hour on the treadmill, uphill all the way. I find I look forward to it, like a challenge, other days I don't want to get on at all and just get on anyways. I am very proud of myself for this, because I wasn't always like that....

I"m off to Lake Chelan for the weekend of wine touring & fall foilage, but I promised myself to do well low-carbing, and saved a bunch of carbs so I can have ONE pancake, which I haven't had in years! Amazing that I'm craving a pancake over chocolate, I truly must be insane. We plan on doing a lot of walking, especially to breakfast on Saturday (1 hour walk to the restaurant & back), so I will keep up the exercise.

THe scale is also finally going DOWN again, after being stalled and hovering between 230-235 for almost a month. I am very happy! 230 was a weight I carried for a long time, I'v heard about set-points, seems I'm finally below it.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-07, 21:01

I did great in Chelan, curbed the eating to allow for some wine tasting, came back same weight as when I left!

Back to the treadmill and my 1-hour workouts. Funny, I go one day with incredible energy, the next I'm dragging.

I actually stopped after 1/2 hour, I was exhausted, so did weights and stretched. Back to an hour tomorrow. I know my energy levels won't be sky-high all the time, but I have to just keep doing it!

My weight set point has finally lowered below 230. I've been hovering 230-233 for a long time, not quite a stall, but a weight I was for a LONG time, and now I'm seeing my set-point below 230 which is great! It means the weight will go down and I will be successful!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 18:43

Wow, it's been a long time since I've done a gym log. Fell off the wagon again....lost my job due to layoff.....moved back to the east coast.....got a new and better job.....ok, now that I'm all settled into my life, time to get back ON the wagon.

I've been consistently doing 20 min on the elliptical in the mornings, some mornings are tougher than others but I do it. I'm also incorporating other exercise, and today I went for a 1-hour walk in town, next time I bring the camera!

Exercise is key, I will never lose or keep this weight off without working out every single day!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 06:01

Despite the fact that I was bone-tired last nite, I had dinner, and headed to downtown for a 1-hour walk at about 6:30PM. I always worry about what others think when I'm exercising outside, and make nasty comments, but you know what? With the Ipod on I can't hear anything, and I had a great walk. I didn't realize all the really historic homes in my town and how all the really old trees are marked with signs stating what they are. I can really get into this, now I dont' want to be inside, I want to walk outside!

Next time I bring the camera...........
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 13:35

Got up this morning and did my 20 minutes on the elliptical, even though I really just wanted to go back to sleep. I will be going for a 1-hour walk today also.

No weight loss this week so far, I hate it when it goes slow, but I know I'm doing it right and that's what is important.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 07:19

FINALLY, the scale going down, wonder if it's bacon? I'll give it up a few days...........

Been consistent on the Elliptical this week, need to get to 30 minutes by the end of the month. Would love to walk outside, but I'm just not comfortable doing it so early, but I have gone twice this week and walked for an hour in town, a gorgeous walk and great weather.

This weekend will be a test, going to dinner tonite, I'll enjoy one glass of wine and lc food, tomorrow nite the same, no weigh in until Tuesday.