Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-18, 10:10
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default San Marzano Tomato Focaccia

I made this for lunch recently. I didn’t really feel like a full-blown pizza with a lot of toppings. I had a bag of San Marzano mini tomatoes to use up quickly as my husband bought a ginormous box of cherry tomatoes at Sam’s the very next day, not realizing I had just bought the San Marzanos the day before. Another great use of my Mozzy Dough. I’m having so much fun trialing new applications for this dough. TIP: I’m making up 10 batches of the dry ingredients pre-measured on paper plates. Then I fold and pour each into a sandwich bag and store the bags in a shoe box in my pantry. Very convenient…..as then all I have to do is grab a bag, melt the butter, add the beaten egg, melt the cheese and make my dough ball. So easy that way. I store the paper plates and baggies and re-use for the next batch. 🙂

Boy, was this focaccia ever simple to make and delicious! I made mine fairly thin. If you like focaccia thicker, make a smaller sheet (using fewer tomatoes, of course) and you’ll have to recalculate the nutritional info doing that change. Mine was plenty thick to pick up and eat with our hands though. 🙂 This recipe is not suitable until you get to Phase 2 grains reintroduction level of Atkins as the Carbquik has some flour in it.

TIP: I’m making up 10 batches of the dry ingredients pre-measured on paper plates. Then I fold and pour each into a sandwich bag and store the bags in a shoe box in my pantry. Very convenient…..as then all I have to do is grab a bag, melt the butter, add the beaten egg, melt the cheese and make my dough ball. So easy that way. I store the paper plates and baggies and re-use for the next batch. 🙂

INGREDIENTS:

1 recipe my Mozzy Dough (https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2018/...y-cheese-dough/)

2 T. extra virgin olive oil

25-27 San Marzano mini tomatoes (I used entire 10 oz. bag)

1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

¼ shredded Parmesan cheese

2 cloves garlic, chopped fine

½ tsp. dried basil (or 1 T. fresh basil chopped)

¼ tsp. dried oregano

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Make the Mozzy Dough per that recipe’s instructions. Line a baking sheet with parchment and press the ball of dough out to a 9″x12″ rectangle. With a brush baste the dough with half the olive oil. Sprinkle the chopped garlic evenly over the top and press it down a bit. Now sprinkle 1/2 c. mozzarella over the crust evenly. Slice the tomatoes lengthwise into halves and place skin-side down evenly over the top of the focaccia sheet. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on next and then the shredded Parmesan. Sprinkle on the basil and oregano last. Pop into oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the dough is browning on the edges and the tomatoes are looking cooked on top. Serve with a nice green salad.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 12 3″x3″ squares of focaccia, each square contains.

190 calories, 15 g fat, 6.88 g carbs, 3.61 g fiber, 3.27 g NET CARBS, 12.6 g protein, 276 mg sodium
Sponsored Links