Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: How many times have you Tried Low Carbing before succeeding
this is my First Time 315 35.31%
Back on the Wagon - Second Time 239 26.79%
Third Time is a Charm 124 13.90%
Lost Count 214 23.99%
Voters: 892. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well for me this is my first time and the first ever diet I have ever tried. So I expect that for me it's just going to continue, cause so far in 4 months, I have'nt found anything worth falling off for!
This is for me and I love it

Kathy
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 16:13

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Luddy

Seems to me like this WOE is really suiting you and I'm not sure that getting sick has to do with your nutrition. However, you could try eating more green veggies, some berries and a good quality multivitamin with chelated minerals to see if it helps your immune system.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/210/155
BF:?
Progress:
Default heavy cream?

This is second time I belive. Have question for any body? In some recipes they call for heavy cream. What are they calling heavy cream exactly and how many carbs are there in it?
thanks
donna
  #49   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 08:50
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%

I voted back on the wagon, technically this is my second time. I tried lo-carb w/Atkins back in the early nineties, with his "New Diet Revolution" book, where he introduced more greens, etc. But, at the time there weren't as many low-carb snacky options, just pork rinds, and diet jello, and it was too hard for me to stick to. I was only about 22 yrs old and not even really overweight at all...just partying too much. I had never wanted a cracker so badly in my life!! But now, they have so many low-carb options that I find so very tasty, and they're widely available. I have no problem sticking to the diet, it's a WOL for me, truly.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:01

Plan: owl
Stats: 150/134/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Talking Almost a week of LCing

I started LCing this past Saturday and I feel great. I definitely have more energy. The first thing I noticed was no bloating. I also noticed I am hardly ever hungry. You know, always had my Dunkin' Donuts medium coffee, light with cream and 4 sugars!! Now it's a decaf with 2 Sweet n Low's. The first time I tasted it, I balked, but I continued buying it like that and now I am used to it. Believe me, I will NEVER go back to 4 sugars!
I haven't weighed myself since the first day, but I will at weeks end. I feel this will be a way of life for me now.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 22:25

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

My first attempt last year was my most successful by far.
I lost 30 pound in 5 months and then lost the plot Regained 20 pound and since then have had about 10 attempts at staying on plan with mixed results varing from 2-10 pound loss'es and regains
I just got my act together again and fingers crossed this is 'it'
  #52   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 18:51

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

Judi, get rid of those yucky Sweet-n-Lows and switch to Splenda...no aftertaste. I actually carry them around in my purse now.

My first time was in '98 and I started at 170. Got down to 135 in six months then slowly started eating too many carbs again. I have been on again, off agian too many times since then and finally ended up at 209 a couple of months ago. EGad!!! So I joined Cures at my mother's insistance.

Now with the help of Curves and my own determination, I am on my 4th day of induction and will not veer off the path again...cross my heart!

On my way,

Shelly
  #53   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have only done this successfully once...That's because I stuck to it and didn't give up! My sister & I did it together a couple of years ago and lost over 40lbs each! Since then we both have kids and put the weight back on. Our kids are 2 1/2 years now and we have tried to go back on, but never had the commitment to stick with it. This time I came here for support...and glad I did! She gave up on day 2!!!! I will be a good big sis and set an example for her and hope she follows.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 05:36

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

well this I intend to be my first and only time for LC'ing. I have been doing LF for about 2 years with 1 lapse. Then I stalled for 6 months, and got really frustrated... I found this forum and I ahve been LC'ing for about 2 weeks - as yet no major weight loss but then I think that I haven't yet found my ketosis phase - I might need to drop the carb figures a little more to see what happens.

Either way I feel great, I don't feel that I am on a diet and hopefully this is something that I can continue to do for ever. I can imagine that I will fail a little and have a bar of choclate of something but I will try hard not to let me fall off the wagon completely!

sarah
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%

Saraweb: Just have a bar of LOW CARB chocolate-the ones by "Ross" or "Pure Delite" are particularly yummy. I see you are in the UK but both are available online to be shipped to you, and they are less expensive if you buy in bulk. The low-carb snacks available now are the only way I can stay on this WOL. I love them, especially the above-mentioned chocolates and the Atkins bread, muffin, brownie mixes!! And if you miss potato chips and the like, the Atkins crunchers are so good! My son tries to steal them from my stash all the time!
I love low-carbing, I don't cheat unless you call fruit cheating. I am so close to my goal now, and I know I will be at it as soon as I can work out again (I am in recovery from surgery) that I've added fruits back into my eating (but in moderation and no starchy fruit like banana). I feel so good, and not one pimple since I started LC in January!! I am smaller now than before I had my 2nd baby!! (My daughter just turned 7 months). I just spent 10 days at the beach in a bikini and looked great-Whoopeeeeee!!!

Size 6 on my way to a size 4 and loving every minute of it!

Last edited by Sydney1030 : Thu, Jun-05-03 at 09:46.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 02:52

Plan: Zone
Stats: 180/175/110 Female 5' 0"
BF:Melting
Progress: 7%

This is my third time. I have been low carbing for about two weeks now (a record for me) and i'm down five pounds.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 09:14
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins, Curves for Women, Eat Right for your Blood Type
Stats: 190/190/160
BF:40%,40%,30%
Progress: 0%
Wink low carb again

hi, I have tried low carbing on and off for the last few years. I know it is good for me because of the way I feel . I hope it is like quitting smoking, the more times you try, you will eventually become successful. Breaking habits takes time. It is a journey. We should enjoy the journey. We only get to do it once.
Good luck in your approaching journey. ...dontquit
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 13:57

Stats: 160/127/125 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:30%/28.7%/??
Progress: 94%

This is my second time on Atkins.

First time I lost weight quickly and got to within 4 lbs of my goal. Lost the hypoglycemia symptoms I had before Atkins, and cut down on migraines too! Kept it off for a long time on maintenance.

Then DH and I started to add carbs back in to stretch our meals out and save $ on groceries.

That lasted for 3 months. We both felt awful, gained some weight, and are now back on the diet. And staying on!

Shel
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 14:25

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

This is my first time LC. I began WW in 12/02 and just made the switch to Atkins 8 days ago. I am feeling pretty good... the sweet cravings are still there.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 16:06

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

This is my first time on LC (Atkins) I was a huge sceptic of the diet before starting it as a bet, being what I am I did a TON of reading up and research and decided to give it 100% for the 2 week induction, 4 weeks on I'm loving it and fully intend to keep to this WOE for the rest of my life......fingers crossed!!!!!