Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/171/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default I feel good

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that I am happy. I feel good! I feel in control of my eating for maybe the first time in my life. I have been doing low carb but also working on the mental issues. It was hard in the beginning but then I passed a point where it just started becoming easier. Now I admit I still crave things on occassion but I allow myself a cheat day once a month or so and it seems to work,& I go right back to low carbing. But for the most part I don't need food to be happy. When I am sad I don't eat. When i'm anxious, or nervous or whatever I have learned not to run to the fridge. Food is becoming so much less important. I will admit that when I reach my goal I am a bit nervous that I will slip and get lazy and return to old habits. But that is why the mental work is very important. So I just keep plugging away and doing alot of soul searching and learing to cope in other ways. Anyway what is everyone else experiencing? Have you gotten to a cruising point where it is easier and what is it like when you hit your goal? Does it become a whole new challenge? I know that I never want to go back I've done this too many times before. I want to be free and live as the person I am not hiding under my fat. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 06:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb17
I want to be free and live as the person I am not hiding under my fat.

You are very perceptive to realize what you've been doing, and I'm here to tell you it does change. I was walking to get my coffee this morning, mulling over all the BS that accumulates, as it always does, and I remembered that I never dreamed I'd be wearing these size pants, and how nicely I coordinated my wardrobe this morning. Not that I'm a fashion plate, but having a closet full of clothes that fit can make a big difference.

It is a great feeling to be in control of things you CAN control. But our health, and our eating habits, should certainly be one of them.

Maybe it was silly that I patted myself on the back a little, just for losing weight...but it does spill over into a lot of other areas. Just as when you neglect it, it spills over too!

So take a pat on the back from me, and remember that you are right. The mental work is just as important as the physical.