Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 158/155/130 Female 65.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default ? about amount of food

Is it better to eat alot until you are full or to eat a diet size portion like 4 oz of meat and salad with only 2 tbs dressing. Which way helps you lose weight faster? Also is it better to not eat cheese?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 11:52

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile Eat until you are full.

At least that is what Suzanne suggests. In her books she says that we should eat all we want and that over time we will find ourselves satisfied with less because the food will satisfy us. Eating tiny portions makes you hungry all the time and that makes it much harder to stick to the plan. Many people pig out at first, and that's ok because the deisre to do that does usually passes after the adjustment period. Just stick to her Level One rules really closely and you should do OK even if you go up a little the first week or two.

BE SURE to avoid carbos late in the day and try not to overload on exclusively fat.

Best of luck to you!

MB
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 22:06
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

Eat until you are comfortably full. You should be satisfied but not undoing your pants button uncomfortably full. For many people, it can be difficult to realize what "comfortably full" is, we get used to eating until we are stuffed. This WOE does not regiment portion size because people have individual requirements for how much food is needed to satisfy their hunger. So if I were having a pro/fat salad meal, for instance, I'd have half a bag of premixed salad greens and most of the tuna salad made with a small can of tuna and ¼ cup Hellman's mayonnaise. That's what it takes for me to be comfortably full.

And yes, eat cheese! Cheese does not stimulate your insulin levels and it's what Suzanne recommends you eat when you are having a craving for something sweet.

Make sure you eat lots of veggies - fibre does a body good!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 05:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I agree about the cheese. Yesterday afternoon I was stuck in traffic and really hungry and thinking about a candy bar. I had 2 pieces of string cheese which tided me over until dinner, and the sweet craving went away.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/suzanne sommers
Stats: 161/158/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Breakfast

Hi everyone!!
I started out doing a little of Atkins and a little of SS. Now I find myself doing mostly SS. She has so much more of a variety. What do most of you eat for breakfast when you are SS. I just ordered her shakes...didn't recieve them yet. Also, I found a bar called Carb Solutions..Very low in everything. I am so used to having something a little sweet after dinner...don't really want it, but it comforts me, so I go for it. So far so good!
SandraDee
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:51

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default I prefer "real" food to shakes and bars.

I saw that Suzanne is coming out with shakes but I think I'll avoid them since they're pricey and I'm doing fine without. I've never found any bar I liked. I may change my tune once I am in school and working at the same time though. Convenience is a big plus!

I usually eat eggs for breakfast, but I vary that with whole grain cereal in skim milk about twice a week. The Cream Cheese Pancake recipe in Suzanne's Fast and Easy book (they're over in the recipe room I think) are wonderful and I can make a batch and get two or three on-the-go sort of meals from the leftovers. Once in a while I will make a fruit smoothie, do a chore or two around the house or go for a walk, and then have cereal after 20 minutes have passed. It just depends on how much time I have.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 01:25
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

For breakfast during the week, I have 2 slices of whole wheat toast with either salsa, fat-free cream cheese or mustard/sprouts/tomato. On the weekend, I have 4 strips of bacon and an egg.