Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 19:18

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 160/151/123 Female 62 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 24%
Angry Yeah, Plateu time!!

I was lossing steadily, but now I'm stuck! I had two days were I couldn't eat breakfast, and couldn't fallow the plan during lunch. Is it possible that my body is starting over on the plan, and is doing that delayed results thing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 23:58

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Nah!

It could be, but probably you're bod is just having a rest before the next "whoosh." That's totally normal. In five months I've had serious plateaus (more than a week) three times. The first one lasted about a month and the next two were a couple of weeks each. Just stay with the plan and you'll come back out of it.

I know it's hard to be patient, especially when you get such great results for awhile. Be strong and just enjoy the good food.
MB
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 13:49

BF:
Question How ya doin?

Hey Heebeejo, it's been about a week, are you seeing any loss yet? I hope so, and if not, well check in again next week!

MB
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 09:52

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 160/151/123 Female 62 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 24%
Unhappy

Sorry Mamabeek, not yet.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 10:06
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Exclamation This will happen!

This will happen!! It happened to Suzanne and a lot of others. You can't give up.

I always say: If you can't SS at lunch, try your best to at dinner.
If you fall off the wagon at lunch and can't eat SS foods in the proper combinations, just try your best to go right back at your next meal or snack.

Good luck! Let us know when you're losing again!
You may want to lay off the carbs.
I find that the less carbs I eat the faster I lose.

Also, if you've ever read about Level 2.....Once you are on Level2 for a while you have to start incorporating carbs back into your body. You can add some in like suggested but for now, the less is best!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:25

BF:
Smile You're not alone.

I've stalled too, for nearly a month now. I know I could break this stall if I just dropped my daily ice cream but I don't want to just yet. (though I might manage to leave off the chocolate sauce, which could be the bulk of the problem ) I make all the ice cream from fresh fruit with Suzanne's recipes and it's delicious! We are going to have this awesome fruit available all summer and I intend to partake of it in every way I can and still stay on this WOE. I may not always live in a place where I have access to such good fruit, so I want to appreciate it while I can! So as long as I don't gain I have decided that eating all I want of yummy foods will be fine until summer is over. I have lost 20 pounds and I can wait until fall to lose the other 10.

I'm actually kind of pleased that I can eat this way and not pack on any pounds. It proves to me that this WOE will work long term.

But I did plateau for a month a while back (before the ice cream) and eventually I came back out of it and lost again. It seems to go in spurts; what people around here call a "whoosh" and then nothing for awhile. Just hang in there and I think things will come around.

MB