Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 07:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic
Charran

You're right about that; but guess what? I screwed up big time. I ate 3 oreo cookies today. My aunt had them out for her grandchildren and out of habit I picked up 3 and inhaled them before I knew I had done so.

I feel so stupid; I blew my day on 3 little ole cookies.

Exotic

Ok, so you ate the cookies - don't let it ruin your day/week/month etc. Extra water, extra exercise and no more cookies!!!

Take care, Julie
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 07:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~daisy~
afternoon ladies !!

well its nearly the weekend and tho ive managed to keep my wieght steady all week - tonight is a dinner dance and tomorrow we are out with friends - so no doubt alcohol will be partaken off !! and my weight will go up *sigh*

have good ones all

Careful Daisy - one LC drink, one glass of water, one trip to the bathroom, repeat if desired.

Good on you for keeping wt steady - dance yourself silly tonight!

Julie
  #123   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 07:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Well...the pressure is on Pond Pals! My daughter informed me last night that she wants to get married next year! Someone please tell me how to lose 50 pounds by June!

The only way I'd lose 50# is to cut off a limb... but seriously here...congrats on daughter getting married - now step away from the computer and go for a walk with your water bottle!!!

Take care, Julie
  #124   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 08:09

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Ha, ha...you caught me....OK...here I gooooooooooooooo.......
  #125   ^
Old Sat, May-12-07, 17:12

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 235/217.5/180 Female 65
BF:I/can't/say
Progress: 32%

Julie

Thanks Julie; I just feel when I screw up that I'm never going to get the weight loss results I want. I want this weight off so bad; It drives me crazy. I have screwed up with cookies since that night. The temptation to eat bad carbs is always there; I wished cakes, cookies, and candy were banished. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I am such a turtle. How about you? I'm a Turtle weightloss loser; say it again; say it loud.

Exotic
  #126   ^
Old Sun, May-13-07, 08:55

BF:

Hi La Shunda... I've been a turtle forever!

It's hard to stay on plan when it seems like it's not doing anything for you. Even if the scale and tape measure aren't moving, we all have to remember the OTHER benefits of LC.

I have clear skin, stronger nails, stronger hair, more energy...

Speaking of cheating- intentional or otherwise..... I have a tough family situation coming up in two weeks. My dad and step mom are coming to visit (haven't seen them for 3 years, for many reasons). They are not staying with me (small mercy!!). They are TOTALLY and VOCALLY against LC and have no hesitation in telling me loudly and in public what they think (think of two obese people with me in a restaurant and them "correcting" my food order telling the wait staff that I have food issues or an eating disorder).

I have to be nice because they are coming down for my DD's grad - but I need to figure out a way to avoid any situations which will involve food.

I have purposely not arranged any time off work while they are here - although I could do so if I feel inclined later.

Wish me luck....

Julie
  #127   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/winging it
Stats: 000/000/000 Female ?
BF:
Progress:

ouch julie that doesnt sound like a nice visit !! you have my thoughts

well as predicted im once again yo-yoing after the weekend and back to 10'11 today - boo

and im off on my holidays next week and really really wanted to see 10'7 just once before i went
i have seen 10'8 a few times for the odd day here and there but never 7

goodness knows what my weight will be when i come back - food choices will be pretty much on plan - its the cold beers ( cant really get lc beer in europe ) and the wine that does for me

by the way fellow turtles im not really a lush i swear !!!
  #128   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 08:02

BF:

Gm Pond Pals!

I'm having a very busy week getting ready for DD's grad and trying to get in some preliminary wedding arrangements for other DD! The good news is that I dropped a couple of pounds from just not thinking about food and being so darn busy! I'm still not any further ahead than I was. I just keep going up and down the same couple of pounds. I need to get this weight moving. That wedding is only a year away and I so don't want to look like a whale in the pictures. Good thing summer is upon us. I'm going to be doing tons of exercise!
  #129   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 10:05

BF:

Daisy - have fun on your trip and try and stay away from the beer, wine is much lower carb! For every drink of booze, have a drink of water - you'll get your extra exercise going to pee!

LOL, Julie
  #130   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 10:06

BF:

Char - we're getting ready for grad here too. Final dress alterations on Saturday. Shoes purchased. Make up ordered....

I think we will survive.

I'm still planning strategy for my family visit. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Julie
  #131   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
Hi La Shunda... I've been a turtle forever!

It's hard to stay on plan when it seems like it's not doing anything for you. Even if the scale and tape measure aren't moving, we all have to remember the OTHER benefits of LC.

I have clear skin, stronger nails, stronger hair, more energy...

Speaking of cheating- intentional or otherwise..... I have a tough family situation coming up in two weeks. My dad and step mom are coming to visit (haven't seen them for 3 years, for many reasons). They are not staying with me (small mercy!!). They are TOTALLY and VOCALLY against LC and have no hesitation in telling me loudly and in public what they think (think of two obese people with me in a restaurant and them "correcting" my food order telling the wait staff that I have food issues or an eating disorder).

I have to be nice because they are coming down for my DD's grad - but I need to figure out a way to avoid any situations which will involve food.

I have purposely not arranged any time off work while they are here - although I could do so if I feel inclined later.

Wish me luck....

Julie

Thanks Julie,

How long have you been low carbing, you have done so well. You have lost lots of weight. I continue to strive to lose my excess weight. I hope things doesn't go to bad for you. Remember to enjoy you DD graduation and do you dare let anyone or anything make you sad. That is going to be a great day. That's good you're not taking any days off work on purpose. Use your days for some time with your DD when they leave. I'm soooooooooooooo glad you have the strength to take yourself out of the way of negative darts.

La'Shunda
  #132   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 06:53

BF:

Wish me luck everyone. Grad weekend starts today! We have the Commencement Ceremonies tonight. Banquet tomorrow! Then I'm heading out to the lake for the rest of the weekend! Lake eating is notoriously bad for me. Maybe thoughts of the upcoming wedding will put a damper on my appetite! It's bad enough being a turtle, but man I hate putting on some of those hard earned pounds off and having to start over again!
  #133   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 07:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic
Thanks Julie,

How long have you been low carbing, you have done so well. You have lost lots of weight. I continue to strive to lose my excess weight. I hope things doesn't go to bad for you. Remember to enjoy you DD graduation and do you dare let anyone or anything make you sad. That is going to be a great day. That's good you're not taking any days off work on purpose. Use your days for some time with your DD when they leave. I'm soooooooooooooo glad you have the strength to take yourself out of the way of negative darts.

La'Shunda

I've been LC for almost four years. It's the only thing I have ever done that works!! And thanks....

I'll enjoy my DD's grad if it kills my family.... it's going to be even more interesting as DD's dad and his mom will be there (he and I are still friends) and I will be there with my SO. My ex and SO haven't met..... I made sure we are not all sitting together.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Julie
  #134   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 07:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Wish me luck everyone. Grad weekend starts today! We have the Commencement Ceremonies tonight. Banquet tomorrow! Then I'm heading out to the lake for the rest of the weekend! Lake eating is notoriously bad for me. Maybe thoughts of the upcoming wedding will put a damper on my appetite! It's bad enough being a turtle, but man I hate putting on some of those hard earned pounds off and having to start over again!

All the best Char!!! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. I'm sure you are so proud today!!!

As for lake eating - be mindful. Drink your water, take lots of walks. Remember how awful it feels to have to re-lose #2 over and over again. You can do this!

Take care, Julie
  #135   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 17:42

Hey, guys

I can't believe this; I did induction for April 22nd, 2007 to May 6th, 2007 and I lost 7 pounds. I really thought I should have lost more; however, it is now May 17th, 2007 and I've only lost 1 damn pound since May 6th, 2007. This is so hard to believe. I will probably have to starve my weight off. It's just so resistant to every thing I do. I've gotten past the headaches of not having sugar and I'm just about over the carb cravings if I not too bored, but hell my weight loss hasn't kicked in yet. I am reading DANDR and I plan on being done with it this weekend. On May 21st, 2007 I'm going to start induction again. Maybe the first time around, I didn't do something right. I thought I should have lost more than 7 pounds.

Thanks for listening to me cry.

Exotic