Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 06:40

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

That's great, Gail, that you're feeling so optimistic.

Yes, corn is not good and it is a grain also. Remember all those pictures you see of the new settlers? Corn was not introduced into the diet until we came over here. So it is actually a fairly new product for us to try to eat unless you are native to this land.

Hope you see an improvement in how you're feeling soon!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 08:01
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

And modern corn is generations away from heriloom/more primitive varieties.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 14:52

Plan: Syndrome X - Atkins
Stats: 201/193.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:36/32/21
Progress: 12%

Hmm, I was just doing some searches about a couple of odd symptoms that have cropped up this past year. I have not been sticking to a tight LC diet and introduced grains back into my diet. The inside of my mouth will peel (not thrush) and I have been having muscle aches - primarily legs. I read a bit about fibromyalgia but did not notice the link between grains and fibro. Anyone else have the symptom of mouth peeling with fibro? It was listed, with a group of other issues I had already been diagnosed with and was about to set up an appointment with my new doc to ask about it.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 15:42
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Are they mouth ulcers? Like cankers?
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 07:37

Question Mouth stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Are they mouth ulcers? Like cankers?

No, just a thin fibrous film that peels off, usually in the morning after breakfast and teeth brushing (at least that is when I notice it most). No pain or irritation, not every day.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 12:50
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

That's a very odd symptom. You might want to get all your symptoms together and present them to your doctor together. Sometimes we tend to hand them one or two symptoms that they can't really lump together under one condition but if you give them the entire ball of wax they might.

The one thing I could think is a food allergy might cause an autoimmune response in the mouth.

Here's info on how Fibromyalgia is related to gluten intolerance: http://www.google.com/search?as_q=f...ts=&safe=images

Looking up peeling skin in the mouth ranged from sensitivity to something in a chemical you're using to clean your mouth to other more serious things. Definitely something to get looked at.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Sun, Jan-01-06 at 12:57.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 13:08

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

This is a great thread. It's been very helpful to me! I was just reminded that I'm supposed to be avoiding corn products and haven't been focusing on it at all. I'll be following up on the links posted. Thanks all you guys! ~ Gail
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 16:00

Smile Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
That's a very odd symptom. You might want to get all your symptoms together and present them to your doctor together. Sometimes we tend to hand them one or two symptoms that they can't really lump together under one condition but if you give them the entire ball of wax they might.

The one thing I could think is a food allergy might cause an autoimmune response in the mouth.

Here's info on how Fibromyalgia is related to gluten intolerance: http://www.google.com/search?as_q=f...ts=&safe=images

Looking up peeling skin in the mouth ranged from sensitivity to something in a chemical you're using to clean your mouth to other more serious things. Definitely something to get looked at.

Never thought about an allergy. I switched mouthwashes, but had the peeling before also. I thought it might be a symptom of dehydration as I have a hard time getting enough to drink during the school year. Common teacher problem . I checked into the meds I've been on and all cause similar problems, but no mouth peeling. No changes in diet as far as eating differently or different foods. I am switching docs, so I plan to have a list for the new doc who specializes in women's health issues.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 02:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233.5/230/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, I'm new here and new to Atkins. Can you explain more to me about Aloe Vera juice? I'm newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have a lot of problems with IBS.
Thanks for the info.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 19:35

I have always had problems, but I began drinking aloe vera juice with papaya years ago and my stomach has been in pretty good shape. Also, since I stopped taking my various meds, I have had no IBS symptoms.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 03:12
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisser4
thin fibrous film that peels off, usually in the morning after breakfast and teeth brushing (at least that is when I notice it most). No pain or irritation, not every day.

My Mum is gluten intolerant, and before she gave up wheat/most grains she would get bouts of debilitating sickness. She'd get mouth sores alot like yours, (peeling, then a sore under that) and also be bed-ridden, with digestive problems and tendinitis. Now she's heaps better!

Hope you find some help with the mouth-peeling .