Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-14, 18:36
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
MaryH, if it ain't broke don't fix it! If your RM is working for you and you feel better than the CALP RM, that's ok.
We are different in how we react to carbs and how we can handle them.

Tonite's RM: steak, salad, coleslaw, baby sweet potato, slice of sourdough bread, club soda with lime. DH added on ice cream for him.

We are going out for dinner tomorrow for Peruvian roasted chicken. Then we are going to the mountains for the long weekend-
all meals provided. I will have my eggs in the am and make dinner my RM.

Have a GREAT 4th of JULY!!!!!

E
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-14, 06:32

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Have a great 4th of July too Eno and everyone else celebrating this holiday
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-14, 11:12

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
MaryH, if it ain't broke don't fix it! If your RM is working for you and you feel better than the CALP RM, that's ok.

E

Thanks Eno..I think I will stick with the CAD & just keep trying to make
adjustments that will fix those other problems that I encounter & I suppose keep trying to learn what will work for me.

Patricia; I'm going to do the 'myfitnesspal' for a while also to better analyse
exactly what is going on with my diet.
Do you always keep your calories at the same amount each day or do you vary it from time to time?

Happy fourth of July to you all!!!
I will find reasons to celebrate life too here even though its not celebrated
here in Ireland.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-14, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Thanks Eno..I think I will stick with the CAD & just keep trying to make
adjustments that will fix those other problems that I encounter & I suppose keep trying to learn what will work for me.

Patricia; I'm going to do the 'myfitnesspal' for a while also to better analyse
exactly what is going on with my diet.
Do you always keep your calories at the same amount each day or do you vary it from time to time?

Happy fourth of July to you all!!!
I will find reasons to celebrate life too here even though its not celebrated
here in Ireland.

Hi Mary,

It's fairly consistent - I rarely eat all of what I have set as my daily allowable calories of 1500. I tend to be 1430 to 1460.

I do find mfp a very helpful tool!

My husband is smoking me a brisket (with a cm dry rub) for today (and the next week or more..lol), and I'm happy with my menu for today.

Nothing fancy.

For cm breakfast I made us each a small individual frittata with asparagus and cheddar cheese. For lunch cm I had a cm Italian sausage with miracle noodles rice.

RM will be my usual size salad of lettuce, scallion and celery with a jalapeno ranch dressing I love *adding in 2 tiny cherry tomatoes. Roasting some zucchini to have with 8 oz. of brisket, 1 very small gluten free ciabatta roll, and a crème brulee brand I get at Costco - so I know the calories etc.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-14, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Thank you, good to see more folks posting here, even if you prefer to lurk, it's nice to hear from you once in awhile

Thanks, Patricia. And congrats on making it to the 180's!!! You have come so far. I am trying to stay in the 150's since I am on vacation for 5 weeks. I see that Enomarb managed it very well on hers, so I will take that as inspiration!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-14, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotta
Thanks, Patricia. And congrats on making it to the 180's!!! You have come so far. I am trying to stay in the 150's since I am on vacation for 5 weeks. I see that Enomarb managed it very well on hers, so I will take that as inspiration!

You can do it! I was lucky enough to go on a cross-country vacation the past two Summers - each time for about 3 weeks. I lost weight on each vacation, and trust me that included my getting a favorite Italian pastry from my childhood, and a stuffed baked lobster down in Provincetown
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 17:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Hi Ccotta-
I have been doing this WOL almost 11 years and have been on lots of vacations- and 2 for a month. I stay OP- but build in a little flexibility. It works- really!
I just came back from the long weekend away- feel great.

Tonight's RM: water, salad, coleslaw, burger with no bun, beer.

tomorrow is Mexican - DH choice. I will get fajitas with no tortillas, rice or beans. For carb I will have chips and salsa.

Wednesday's planned RM is salad, some veggie, Cornish game hens, and probably a peach for carb.

Later-
E
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 07:13
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thanks for the example, Eno. I see that you are very moderate with your carbs. Last night for my RM we ate "in" instead of at a restaurant and it was much easier. I had a salad, veggie meat patty, A1 sauce, corn on the cob, and a couple bites of lima beans in butter. I was down today.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 11:35
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Ccotta- that sounds like a great menu. I do eat less carbs than some people on CALP, but less than others (hi Pat!)- you have to find your own version that works.

E
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 12:37

Watching myself teeter back and forth from 189 to 191...think my mind and body are trying to accept I'm in the home stretch..lol.

Planning a possibly too much rm, but want to so there you go. No crying about it tomorrow

RM will be a large salad of homegrown lettuce and spinach with scallion, celery added. A baked boneless, skinless chicken breast with one serving of Maffe sauce (an African peanut sauce), caulirice (plain). The daring is taking a 2 oz. portion of pizza dough and panfrying it, to make a piece of fried dough which I'll sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. sugar and lots of cinnamon. Just have this itch, and I'm going to scratch it! Hopefully, I am doing a good balance.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 14:28

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello all! I have been looking around here for a while reading people's posts and experiences. I even tried the plan for a few days. My problem was I was never able to make it to the RM at dinner. I always got some strong cravings before hand. Did any of you experience this in the beginning? What did you do about it?

I think part of my problem is that I am not working right now and I get kind of bored. Don't have a lot of money to go out and do stuff so I think I use food to fill the boredom. I got the idea that maybe if I started posting instead of just reading posts it may help.
Anyway, I love reading what you guys eat. It is great to see people losing weight with real food. I like real food. Fat free cheese never made sense to me.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
Hello all! I have been looking around here for a while reading people's posts and experiences. I even tried the plan for a few days. My problem was I was never able to make it to the RM at dinner. I always got some strong cravings before hand. Did any of you experience this in the beginning? What did you do about it?

I think part of my problem is that I am not working right now and I get kind of bored. Don't have a lot of money to go out and do stuff so I think I use food to fill the boredom. I got the idea that maybe if I started posting instead of just reading posts it may help.
Anyway, I love reading what you guys eat. It is great to see people losing weight with real food. I like real food. Fat free cheese never made sense to me.

Hi, glad to see you posting. I know it's really helped me. To be honest, it takes at the least (for me, may be different for you) 3 days when I've been off plan getting back on, for the cravings to subside. I always tried to handle those days by having a cm snack of protein and cm veggie as often as I was hungry (must have at least 90 minutes between snacks or meals).

I have my favorite proteins - smoked oysters for one, cheese, celery sticks with a kalamata olive/cream cheese filling, deviled eggs, the only limit is that cm veggie list and your imagination
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-14, 18:27

BF:

Today was great! I took your advice patriciakr. I was getting hungry but still had about 2 hours before dinner, so I ate some salami. Then I decided to walk so my mind wouldn't think of other things to eat. I think at dinner I ate too quickly and maybe a little too much but overall I am pleased with today. I am going to start a food log in the journal section.

Last edited by Jandy01 : Wed, Jul-09-14 at 18:37.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 06:44
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-

Jandy- WELCOME!!!! I agree with everything Pat said. I would also encourage you to do something different to fill your day- not filling it with eating. Walking, music, gardening, reading, volunteering, even going to the library! Make a list of things you think you'd like to do and when you are bored pick one! Maybe learn a new skill or hobby. I learned how to knit and I can do that anytime anywhere.

Had a great RM last night- salad, Cornish game hens (we each have 1/2), spinach, quinoa (I had a T and DH had probably 2 cups!), and 2 chocolate covered strawberries. YUM.

Tonight we are having friends over and I am going to have more carbs than usual. Planned RM is
salad, coleslaw, beef sausage (grilled), bun, and my extra carb is a glass of wine. I will also put out a bowl of cut melon for dessert after, but I can pass on that.

Have a great day!

E
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 18:21

BF:

Good advice Enomarb! I actually went to the library yesterday and picked up some good books. I have a Kindle too, I should probably see if I can get some cheap books to download and read. Probably books that don't have to do with food.

I had a rough day today in regards to the diet. I started off great but didn't do well after dinner. I think the problem is that I tried to use greek yogurt as my protein source. I don't think it provided enough of a buffer for the starcy/sugary granola and blueberries. I had a mini binge afterward. But at least I have enough mental clarity to pinpoint the problem.... at least I hope the yogurt was the problem. I certainly didn't like the way I felt after I ate it. Don't want to feel that way again....irritable, sleepy, lethargic, depressed.

I have never had a Cornish hen. I must try it one day!