Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 08:38

Plan:
Stats: 290/191/170 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Talking Arrived at my original goal!

So I did it! I have always been fat in my 17 years of life. I was once up to 290 but didn't start then. I decided to start low-carbing last December 10 and I was 275 pounds. I have been almost completely faithful the entire time even going from January 1 to May 1, eating not a single thing that could be considered high carb. I got up this morning and weighed myself and it was 210! My first goal! Woohoo! I've now already set my next goal...six pack.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 09:42

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Congrats!!!!!

That is amazing!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 00:22

Plan:
BF:

I've dropped another 2 pounds since I hit 210 and am quite happy with that.
OK, so I've decided to set some more short term goals. I want to be under 200 before August, and to be 185 by October when my birthday is.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 00:24

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 236/199/125 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I was in a really bad spot, feeling hopeless. Then, I read this. David, congratulations, and thanks so much for inspiring me to try it one more time.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 02:55

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

Excellent David. Very well done -you deserve to be proud. As a successful low-carber, any hints you have to share? Did you have to cut back on anything? Add more fat? Cut calories? Did you ever stall and what did you do about it? Just wondering if anyone else can benefit from what worked for you.

And good luck with your next goals - keep up the good work!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 10:41

Plan:
BF:

I don't really do much of that exact stuff. I just try to keep my carbs down under 20 or 30. I'm not much of a counter, so I just try to keep it around there or under. I find that the thing that has really helped me is breaking my carb addiction. Once I had been eating low carb for probably 3 or 4 months straight without any cheating I realized that I don't want any of those carbs I used to drool over. I have cheated a couple times since then(a few weekend trips) and I still have total control over my wanting of carbs. I could go my life without ever eating another piece of white bread, pastry, or potato and I would be totally fine with it! I have had several stalls, not super long ones but you can see by looking at My P.L.A.N. where I have my weight recorded. The spots where it went up is where I cheated. I only add a new weight if I reach a new low.

But some stuff I'd recommend is to drink lots of water(I guzzle the stuff down, it's all I drink other than a coke zero once in a while or a low carb hot chocolate) and find foods that you really enjoy. I've posted a few recipes on this site, which you can find in the recipes section. My favourites are my beef vegetable stew, hamburger soup, turnip hash, and ribs(no recipe, it's just ribs).