Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2296   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 05:38

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Good to see you Maryh, you know I am always lurking, even when not posting

I love the slow approach, you know it's how I lost all of my weight. As a reminder to myself, I just updated my fb profile photo with my 60th birthday photo when I was at my lowest weight. Just 4 years ago...I will work to get back there.

I too love being outdoors, and it is one of the reasons I am determined to not just retire permanently to bed and chair, I want to enjoy walking outside again, have the stamina to weed all my garden beds.

I am going out for short weeding sessions, when tired, I stop. But I am outside, and it feels good!

I continue to find wonderful recipes, if you ever want one for a particular veggie or what have you, just let me know, I will do a search
Sponsored Links
  #2297   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 16:28

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thank you so much Patricia, definitely find it a challenge to find
good recipes with ingredients that suits.

Yep, i always admired your slow and steady measured approach with the calorie counting and mini-goals and everything.
I tried My Fitness Pal at one time but think the calorie count i was using was too low.

Snap on not wanting to focus on actual weight either however; just like to focus on how i feel and on the performance based goals rather than the outcome.
It can get disheartening at times and also; i'm never satisfied no matter what i weigh. When i lose quite a bit, i dislike feeling bone-y etc.
I suppose if i'm going to find fault i will always find something to be disgruntled about. Just going to try to incorporate as many healthy habits and tasty recipes as i can and make the very best of each day.

We have a new little kitty on the scene here, we think she's a bit deaf which seems to make her insecure. She rarely leaves the shed she's always hunkered down in there. Not sure what to do to coax her outside.
Although knowing cats, she probably has a night life we know nothing about.

What's astonishing is that my Mother painted a picture of a cat that looks just like her months before she arrived. She's has ginger & tabby colours and white cheeks. Strange or what?
  #2298   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-19, 07:29

MaryH, oh I am such a sucker for cats. I am wired to speak their language...comes, I think, for having had one since I was 2+. My current fav is an orange tabby with white who came from the shelter named Ginger - we kept that name, but she has many nicknames (as do all my cats). Ginger Snapdragon is a favorite. She has a tail that is too long - first time I've seen this in a cat. She has to hold it curled or to the side, and will curl it up like a fiddlehead fern...amazing to see. I keep telling her it is a darn shame it's not prehensile

I had to accept when all the weight was off that it emphasized wrinkles, that I had a blanket of loose skin that would spread out when I lay down, but it was worth how much I was able to do...and is something I happily accept as I work toward my goal weight again.

I am enjoying salsify again (one of the old fashioned veggies on the Heller's cm veggie list) and a pickled okra we found that is cm. It helps to find newish foods to incorporate.
  #2299   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 15:30

BF:

" She has to hold it curled or to the side, and will curl it up like a fiddlehead fern...amazing to see. I keep telling her it is a darn shame it's not prehensile "

That is just so funny Patricia; it really made me laugh.
Cats are just endlessly entertaining for sure.
We still haven't come up with a proper name for our cat,,,we do have a few different silly nicknames but no actual name yet.
Never have i tasted okra or salsify. Didn't even know salsify existed. Sounds really healthy anyway.

This weeks goals is:
* Eat some kind of low Carb breakfast & Lunch. I'm thinking it will be some
kind of low carb shake/ yogurt /pancake/ soup

* Eat more fibre, like strawberries. (Has to be low Fodmap too)
* Try to fit in 30 minutes exercise x 5 days a week.
* Maybe just count carbohydrate calories at first,
Give myself some kind of consistent 'carb allowance'.
That's it.
Not going to force myself and am
not planning to be on perfectly on plan realistically.

Healthy food i am actually loving lately is tangerine oranges and also
Caesar salads.

Hope you have a good week Patricia.
  #2300   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 05:48

MaryH,

I am feeling pretty good, and the fatigue is lifting for the first time. I think it's because I finally changed out all the old tubing/mask on my cpap, put on the replacements and began using it again. I am determined to solve this.

Weight wise, many good decisions, decent days, but weight this week, is not going well. Oh well. I will settle for good behavior and good choices

I have come to love tangerines or little mandarin oranges as a carb at rm - especially if I have it with some full fat greek yogurt (I love plain greek yogurt).

Glad I made you laugh
  #2301   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 20:54

BF:

So glad the fatigue has lifted a bit Patricia, and long may it continue.

Good behaviour and good choices is everything.
So agree with you there. Nothing like the satisfaction that comes from knowing you fought through to do the right thing.

Tried the pancakes and the scrambled egg but didn't enjoy them
so will have to rule them out for any long term plan.
Did increase the fibre a bit with the psylium husk and by including more berries than usual. I read somewhere lately that if your having enough fibre, you may not have to worry about carb content as much.
Anyway: Back to my low Carb green smoothie made with avocado, spinach, almond milk and sweeteners.
Its easy and feels fresh.

Was thinking of doing an 18 hour fat fast...then including the CM meals/snack and finally the RM.
I want to do keto/IF/CAD/CALP...all the plans simultaneously..

Had a small peek at your journal there Patricia and seen that you mentioned not wanting to get into food ruts? Would you ever consider any of those food services like 'hello fresh' ?
There is one here in Ireland called 'drop chef' which sounds interesting and also convenient. Not sure about it however.
It would probably take all the kings horses and all the kings men to suit me these days anyway.
  #2302   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 05:32

Maryh,

A few years ago, we tried Blue Apron - loved the recipes, the convenience, but it was light on the protein re the overall composition of the meals. We decided it was overpriced. Each time I look at one of the newer services now out there, I come to the same conclusion - I can do better, for less, by just using the cookbooks and "to try" recipe collection that I already have!

I just tend to make our favorites again and again, and that leads to a food rut.

Speaking of psyllium husks, I have a keto blondie brownie recipe dh loves that uses psyllium husk powder (along with almond flour) to make a wonderful keto dessert.
I have also found, finally, a sweetener other than sugar or maple syrup that I really like and works well for keto dieters, and type 2 diabetics (dh has type 2). It is Lakanto brand - a mix of monk fruit and erythritol.
  #2303   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 21:46

BF:

To be honest Patricia, any time i was successfully losing weight and in the swing of things i was in a 'rut' of sorts.

I wish i was in a good 'rut' now....

Those keto brownies sound delicious;
Thanks so much for letting me know about that brand of sweetener. Will keep a look out for it.

Going to re-read my old CAD book this week and hopefully it will re-new my determination and i can post my menu once again.
  #2304   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 05:01

Merry Christmas Maryh!
  #2305   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 09:42

Anyone else around? I'm back, and hope to be staying for a year or so
  #2306   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-20, 07:40

Day 3 - happy to be able to say that. After all the years I've been doing this, it is almost second nature.
What needs to become that, will be maintenance

I want to be one of the 5% that maintains their weight loss. I figure I've had loads of practice, since college days, in not doing so. I would like to use all the practical knowledge of the pitfalls I fell into, help me avoid them, this time.
  #2307   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:42

Happy to say I found a new cauliflower based casserole recipe that looks easy to amend to what I want. It was for a ham and cheese casserole, but I will sub in shredded chicken and homemade sugar-free bacon. I think I may try that for our Sunday cm evening meal

I have found it so helpful to find a couple of online recipe creators, whose food both dh and I like, and that suits both of our diets.

Today is day 4. I look forward to when I am in week 4
  #2308   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 06:22

Day 5 and my first weekend. I hope to navigate it so that I am happy, content and on plan throughout!

Made up my menu plan and grocery list for next week. Planning sets me up for success, when I don't, I am more likely to wobble.

No more wobbles!
  #2309   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 09:10

BF:

Happy new year Patricia!
Hope you had a good Christmas too and thank you for the greetings.

Was flat out working a temporary job for over Christmas.
The pace went 'beast mode' on a regular basis so i didn't have time to bless my face. On a positive note, i would have clocked up over 20,000 steps a day,
and was always on the move, it was so physically demanding.
Was not 'on plan' however i try to include some healthy snacks like those little tangerines and yogurt and the like. I did have the odd biscuit too but it was damn well needed. Think i would have died otherwise.

Might try to join you again though for the new year. Love CAD.
Best wishes with your new meal plan and hope your keeping well.
  #2310   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 05:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Happy new year Patricia!
Hope you had a good Christmas too and thank you for the greetings.

Was flat out working a temporary job for over Christmas.
The pace went 'beast mode' on a regular basis so i didn't have time to bless my face. On a positive note, i would have clocked up over 20,000 steps a day,
and was always on the move, it was so physically demanding.
Was not 'on plan' however i try to include some healthy snacks like those little tangerines and yogurt and the like. I did have the odd biscuit too but it was damn well needed. Think i would have died otherwise.

Might try to join you again though for the new year. Love CAD.
Best wishes with your new meal plan and hope your keeping well.

Yay, would love to have company here Job sounds exhausting but like the time must have passed quickly!