Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2236   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-19, 04:26

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Very happy to report I saw a 299.8 this am. I wish I'd only see two's from now on, but am sure I will swing up a bit and go back and forth during the rest of this week.
Still - I am
Sponsored Links
  #2237   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-19, 18:56

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 193/193/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%

Patricia, you are very close to your wish!!!!

B: coffee, bacon
L: chicken salad, avocado (I know... but I have to try it)
D: pork chop, baked beans
  #2238   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-19, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmar43
Patricia, you are very close to your wish!!!!

B: coffee, bacon
L: chicken salad, avocado (I know... but I have to try it)
D: pork chop, baked beans

I used to "advise" by pointing out not on plan stuff, but honestly, I think we each have to figure it out ourselves, and each of us "works" differently (to some extent) in our bodies.
I know I don't do well with a slice of bread, and do better when my carb is rice, for example.
I personally, can have cravings triggered by small deviations (though some deviations, not so much..lol), and you may find you don't easily develop cravings (that niggling hunger when you know your tummy feels full, but that internal voice gets going saying you really "need/want/havetohave - that".
Food logging is the best way to figure out what you can and can not do
  #2239   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-19, 06:34

Very nice surprise this am, due in part, to my sleeping in (for me) and not weighing at my usual 4:30 - 5:30 am. 297.8 this morning.

For me, to be sure I am back out of the 300s for good, I want to see high 280s, because, yes, I can gain that quickly.

It has become clear over the years that overcarbing worsens my lower leg lypmhedema (which was about 99% resolved, per my lypmhedema councilor, when I had all the weight off), and as of this year, it causes flares of arthritis in my knees as well.

Today is a meatless day, so I am hopeful for a 200 something tomorrow morning too. I have my first mini-goal of 295 in sight (though I will want that weight to be one by 7 day average, and that will be another week or two).

Breakfast: 1 wedge of cm spinach cheese casserole, 1 oz. half and half with coffee.

Lunch will be: shrimp with mayo, a mini cucumber

Dinner will be salad, fried cod, green beans and a slice of pie (small).
  #2240   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-19, 04:47

Yay, site is back up! My Saturday weight was again in the 200s as is today. I am looking forward to my weight by average on Monday, as it has now been 4 days in a row in the 290s.

Yesterday was an unexpected eating out for rm. I think I did okay. I had a side salad (at this restaurant it comes without croutons or carrots), and two appetizers for my meal. The first was 5 naked wings, no sauce (dipped in the blue cheese salad dressing - which they always put on the side - of which I had plenty left and still did not finish), and 2 crab cakes with remoulade sauce on the side (did not finish the sauce for this). Water to drink.
If I did overdo, it was with a starbucks drink on the way home (not a big one, one of their new very low cal nitro cold brew) and 1 cake pop.
  #2241   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-19, 03:59

Going well this week. My new weight by average, on Monday was 299.5, and today is 297.0. I am very pleased, hopeful that the rest of this week continues to go well.

Yesterday's rm was a favorite (new one) of ours - Green Curry Chicken over riced cauliflower. Tomorrow, trying a new recipe for a low carb chicken fried steak with sour cream gravy.

Planned food for today:

breakfast: 2 eggs over easy with a sautéed mushroom, a slice of cheese melted over the eggs, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch: 4 oz. ground turkey made into a small burger, 1/2 cup green beans.

rm: salad with spring greens, a scallion, 2 grape tomatoes, baked chicken thighs (8.5 oz.), riced cauliflower, a small éclair (from a 6 pack from Krogers, so I do know the calories etc. just to have an idea, besides the size, of its "impact" on my day.) I may add some cheese into the riced cauliflower, will see how I feel. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Looking forward to seeing a 276 and 275 soon.
  #2242   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-19, 05:54

Boy, I just re-read the note above. Yes, I am looking forward to 276 and 275, but it will be a bit I meant to say 296 and 295.

Thanks to a very unexpected whoosh, saw something better this morning - a 294.6! I wish it would stay there, but it won't. I haven't seen a 294 something since last September.

Very happy. Not sure why I am losing more quickly this time (no, I don't think it is related to my cancer, not at all), but I am tracking everything on MyFitnessPal, and my total carbs per day are running lower than the last time I did this seriously. Plus, I am not eating right up to the limit of the daily calorie limit I choose to set for myself, but under that by a couple of hundred. Eating plenty, calories are running 1,400-1,500ish.

DH getting really serious about making his IF and Keto a permanent change for rest of his life (he's being really strict for Lent atm). He was sub 300 this am and delighted.
  #2243   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-19, 05:54

Week is going really well, my whoosh didn't disappear overnight, so for a second day, I'm at my first mini-goal of 295.

Breakfast today: 1 serving cm smoked wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, 1 egg cooked with 1 mushroom in 1.5 tsp. butter, with a slice of cheese melted over the egg. 1.5 oz. half and half with an extra large coffee this am (to get me going).

lunch will be a small (maybe 3 oz.) can of cm salmon mixed with mayo, mini-cucumber and celery.

rm will be small salad with dressing, 2 pieces fried cod, plain green beans and a small slice of pie. Coffee.

Planning my weekend and menu for next week. Without planning, I just don't do well at this time.
  #2244   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-19, 11:26

Weekend has gone well. I have been 295.6 for both Saturday and Sunday. If no huge jump up on Monday, (big brunch - huge omelet and two biscuits, should have only been one...), I will have a nice loss for this past week.

CM tonight will be pretty ramped down since I had a big brunch today - having 6 oz. of ground chicken as a burger, miracle noodles fettucine with a wee bit of butter and parmesan cheese. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Sad, that perhaps I am alone in this forum again. Hope that is not the case. I so, so know what is like to struggle, take a day off that turns into more than a week or month, but I have always come back *because* this works the best for me.

MaryH - are you still out there? Miss you!
  #2245   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-19, 05:40

Lost 3.5 pounds this last week - a huge surprise for me because my pattern is to be a slow loser (I have been the turtle that still wins the race previously).
I will take it, but have NO expectations for this to continue.

breakfast cm - bit of clean up. A last small wedge of a broccoli cheese casserole and 1 uncured beef hot dog, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch cm is planned to be 2 oz. ground chicken with a slice of cheese, cooked with green beans, and probably 1 uncured beef hot dog.

still working on rm.
  #2246   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-19, 05:28

RM yesterday was not very satisfying, have to be careful about that, as it doesn't help me moving forward, if not happy with my food.

When I lost the over 210 pounds, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't be hungry. With the use of cm snacks, and decently constructed meals, I wasn't.

I learned how important it was for me to research, plan, and food log - to keep me honest with myself.

This morning I had the joy for my dh of seeing him at a weight he has not been since before we married almost 24 years ago. He is doing so well, and while we are each using a different process and diet, we are doing this journey together. I am so grateful.

Waving at any lurkers - would love for some to delurk
  #2247   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-19, 11:38

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

You got me Patricia...I'm so sorry for lurking for so long.

Really didn't mean to give the silent treatment like this; I had actually blanket banned myself from writing on any forums for the longest time.

I suppose i had & have some major issues to attend to, that left me a bit
dumbfounded in general...in real life aswell.
The insulin resistant battle was just one too many & i was getting too exhausted mentally. (I know its my own fault)

I'm so happy for you that your getting back into the way that suits you best.
I know you can do it. Its such a relief to be going in the right direction.
Nothing beats that peace...not even a chocolate cake.

I read a new book recently, You might be interested in; called 'Reversing your diabetes' by Dr. Eva Orsmond.
I hope to post up some info and recipes you might like to try very soon.

#2248   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-19, 15:58

Just good to see you MaryH. I am sorry to hear life has been handing you challenges - I know all of 2018, right up to just before Christmas, was that way for myself and my husband.

He is doing so well with his Type 2, using IF and a Keto diet on the days he does eat, but you know I am always in the market for new recipes

Just drop by when you can and let me know how you are.
  #2249   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-19, 13:43

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thanks so much for the welcome back and for your understanding Patricia.

I'm glad in a lot of ways that 'all those chickens came home to roost'...metaphorically speaking.
The truth sets us free.
Its onwards and upwards from here on in hopefully.

My condolences for all the loss,hardship & worry you endured too Patricia; its such a hard time.

Re: my health, i bought an elliptical machine last October (which cramps up my bedroom a bit but i don't mind) so it kept me sane over the winter months when i could not get out for any walks.
I wasn't really on plan though, so my weight is possibly higher than i prefer. I was trying out healthy dinner recipes from an 'operation transformation' programme here in Ireland. Found a few i liked.
I know the CAD suits me best though;
i still feel completely drugged after eating mashed potato for example.
(That explains a lot! )

Here is the link on that book i mentioned: lots of encouraging testimonials of people who had reversed the diabetes.
https://play.google.com/books/reade...ver&pg=GBS.PT94
(Not sure if you can access this because i paid for it.)
It's VLC ketogenic but she recommended 'food supplements' by the brand 'eurodiet' ; things like protein shakes, bars etc. in some phases. I suppose it could be a help to those who want
a 'no brainer' type diet. Expensive however and non sustainable.
I admit i am tempted to try some of these products like potato chips or chocolate protein bars,
just to keep me away from the real thing and as a treat.

Her 'Phase 1' recommended the following:
low calorie, 800-1000 calories a day, (home-made soups, stir-fry, etc)
50g and under carbohydrate (for at least 12 weeks i presume)
700-800g of Vegetables a day, 2/3 or which must be lower starch.
3-4 diet supplements (high protein, low carb)
Add salt to your food
1-2 TBSP good quality oils
2 litres of water.

I'd prefer to get my protein from real food however. I think its do-able.

An example of the weight loss recipes is: Cloud bread with smoked salmon and avocado,
'supplement porridge' w/ stewed rhubarb,
'supplement product' made into a chia seed pudding,
She has a few recipes using 'miracle noodle' type products too.
I'll try them first and share the recipe if i think its nice.

Fritatta breakfast cups, tropical smoothie, vegetarian lasagne recipes for maintenance.

I tried a 'Turnip Chip' recipe and i enjoyed it. I know turnips are not the most glamorous of vegetables,,,,but this honestly was not bad. It did not have the same exact flavour of boiled turnip. It was different.

Serves 2-3
2 turnips (peeled)
30 g Butter
2 tsp. cajun seasoning, (I used a chip seasoning)

Preheat Oven to 220 C
Cut each peeled turnip into a cube, then slice each into square slices,
Finally, cut the squares into chips.
Place the butter into a baking tray & put it into oven, Once melted, add chips and seasoning,
Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes depending on her size.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

The next i'm looking forward to trying is 'Aubergine pizza's' and 'vegetable gratin'. Its made with celeriac, cauliflower and broccoli.
I like the idea of dieting in 'phases'...like go all out for 12 weeks, then maintain for the next few weeks...then do another stint of 'dieting'.

#2250   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-19, 05:06

I have been making dh recipes from Keto for Life and finding a few products he likes, but stick to my calp structure. If I have a zero carb (net carbs are zero) bagel, I have it as my "carb" for rm, for example.

The vegetable gratin you mentioned sounds interesting (and I love aubergine's).

I am happy to be re-earning past mini-goals. Frustrating to be here, but I am and so....
Today I am 294.0, looks hopeful for a decent week (unlike last week's whoosh though) of loss. I just want OUT of the 290s. Frankly I'd like to snap my fingers and be 260 so I can say I "only" have 100 pounds to go

Last edited by patriciakr : Sat, Apr-06-19 at 05:07. Reason: not awake, not seeing well to type!