Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Everyone,

Well, Friday I was the same, but today I'm up a pound to 159. Darn! It's those macadamia nuts. Why do I buy them when I know they're going to be trouble? I think another reason I'm not losing is because I get lazy and stop recording at Fitday, and that seems to give me license to sneak in a few extra carbs here and there--as if I don't see it "on paper", it doesn't count.

Just wondering, are there certain foods you know you should eliminate from your menu--but have difficulty doing so? For me, its definitely nuts. And I should also watch the whipping cream.

judy
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 199/193/159
BF:
Progress: 15%

Jude: I am the original cookie monster. I don't allow them in the house. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to cookies.

To be edited every Friday:
Friday April 11: 0 loss (hey I just started!)
Friday April 18: -2
Friday April 25:-2.5
Friday May 2: -3
Friday May 9:
Friday May 16:
Friday May 23: going for 12 pounds TOTAL LOSS:

Last edited by Riddler : Mon, May-05-03 at 11:07.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 06:34
Registered Member

Stats: 180/280/128 Female 5ft2in
BF:
Progress: -192%

I haven't posted my weight for a few weeks, but I'm back now. Currently 169, only a weekto get to the 165 goal. It may not happen but I am still doing well and am looking forward to losing more.

Laurie
  #64   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 20:46

BF:

Where is everybody? Not much action here this week. Is eveyone slacking off like I am?

I know what you mean about cookies, Riddler! One advantage of being single is that I don't have to have "bad" foods around for someone else. So why do I still, every once in a while, buy things that I know are going to cause problems? I can't even make myself buy just a few macadamia nuts. It's either all or nothing.

If I want to keep this weight off, I must not eat nuts of any kind! Simple. Yeah, right! Changing attitudes is a heck of a lot harder than changing the menu!

I've had a really boring week--work, TV and sleep, generally feeling like robot, when just getting up is an effort. I did get back down to 158, so I guess that's something to be happy about, but talk about "yo yo" dieting!

Major pants test tomorrow. I washed my jeans tonight. It's going to be interesting to see whether I can still zip them up easily--or will I have stretch out on the bed to get them zipped like the old days?

So how's everyone doing?

judy

Last edited by jude : Fri, May-09-03 at 20:47.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 00:17

Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

~~~~~~ this week I have stayed the same... walked 520 min..uped my water to 3 lts....guessing im in a stall...been good with my food...with the exception of popcorn at the drive-in on saturday...and i actualy bought a small bag...now thats a change!!!hoping that my fat cells are just rebelling..... see yas all nexted week sammi...
  #66   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:37

BF:

Wow, popcorn! That used to be my favorite "diet" snack...even got to like it without butter (little did I know). Hope you really enjoyed it, Sammi--hey, if you're going to indulge, it ought to be something special!

I had a nice surprise this morning...I'm down to 156 today.

judy
  #67   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 15:20
Registered Member

Stats: 167/158/130
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi everyone

I don't seem to be able to post on Fridays for some reason. The day just goes so quickly.

I finally have been able to go down one pound. I knew that I was in a plateau when the challenge started. My husband is down one also. We golfed on the weekend so maybe the walking helped some.

We are planning to golf every weekend if the weather will co-operate. It is a great form of exercise. We never use carts, just pull our bags along.

Have a great week everyone and I will try and make it for this Friday.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 10:19

Stats: 199/193/159
BF:
Progress: 15%

To be edited every Friday:
Friday April 11: 0 loss (hey I just started!)
Friday April 18: -2
Friday April 25:-2.5
Friday May 2: -3
Friday May 9:-2
Friday May 16:
Friday May 23: going for 12 pounds TOTAL LOSS

WOW It's Tuesday already. Busy busy busy..that's good .I don't have time to think about food

How's everyone doing? Still at it? Going strong?
  #69   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:17

BF:

~~~~~morning all sammi here...down 2lbs walked total of 410 minuites...2 more pounds an i have hit my first goal...whoo hoo!! hope your all doing well....i think my total loss since i have started this challange with you's is nine lbs.....maybe 10 by sunday...later sammi
  #70   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:33

BF:

~~~`jezzz's where is everyone????????the challange has only 4 days left and know one is posting.....down 2 more pounds....199.5...walking is realy helping me rid the buldge....sammi