Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2701   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 06:49

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

It was hard to crawl out of my polar fleece sheets this morning. Brrrrr! The time change has DH all screwed up, so he was up at 4AM! He was up even before Gabby, so I didn't have to get up to take care of her. YAY!

Yes, I'm hoping I hear from the people at Barnes & Noble. I have a feeling that they lean toward hiring college students, but we'll see. I think it could be a fun, interesting job.

Jaz.....have a great trip to see that little sweetheart. I'm sure he loves his new bike! It'll be a great day for you.

I was thinking about going to a spin class this morning at the gym, but I really hate bike riding. What makes me think I would like that class? Just can't talk myself into it. I'll probably just go later and hit the treadmill and lift some weights.

Be back later.....need more coffee!
Sponsored Links
  #2702   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 14:22

BF:

Back again!

A beautiful, sunny 50 degree day here, so I strapped on my sneakers and went outside for my run instead of the treadmill at the gym....it was awesome! I did 2.25 miles, including warm up and cool down. I ran when I felt like it and walked when I didn't. It worked.

Had to run DH around as his truck was being serviced today. Now home and showered and I have an hour before I have to make dinner....shrimp tacos are on the menu. It will be a nice, light dinner as DH is meeting DSon & DGson for wings around 6 or so. We'll have tacos around 5.

Just got a phone call........interview at Barnes & Noble on Monday at 4PM! I'm oddly excited about this possibility. Maybe when they see how old I am they will rip up my application! Of course, on my resume it says I worked for over 30 years at my previous employer, so I guess they have an idea that I'm not 18...

I guess that's about it from me. See you tomorrow!
  #2703   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 18:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Beautiful day in more ways than one!!!!!!

The babes in SC are so unreal sweet. The babe as so as I walked in the door jumped in my arms and buried her face in my neck and didn't come up for air for hours.
She did not want to go back to her mommie ................... she has never done that before.
She "sniffed" me first then crawled up and cried and scream when I put her down. And babbled Gigi the entire time. The grandson was VERY jealous, he is used to having me undivided.

My DD just laughed at the entire thing- and said, this is awesome- I am FREE of KIDS hanging on me! Little one even tried to pee with me- nope I drew the line. She sat on the other side of the door screaming.
My DD comment? Welcome to MY WORLD, you need to come more often.

All in all a great day- I have MORE NEWS................. SERIOUSLY MORE NEWS...........
So I turned off my phone while I was there. - Turned it on after I got home. It was BLOWING UP.

They left half of my dept go today, and FIRED one of the trolls who joyfully terminated me two weeks ago. I feel back for my co-workers who had not a clue. All were new to the company so I didn't know them. that well. they all left jobs to come there and they will not get a severance as you need to be there a year. They are screwed. For that I feel badly.

For The top troll............ Well I raised a glass in honor of KARMA....
It was HER final decision to side with my manager, rather than listen to anything I had to say.

I had another manager call me today - one that told me this was all going down. Remember I said this was all coming and my entire dept will be dissolved by Dec. 31. Yup.
Anyway there is a website...........

My mouth hung open....... the things on that website is jaw dropping how they have treated people.
I will gladly say it is LAYOFF.Unitedhealthcare.com
I found refuge in it that I know know it was not ME....... by a long shot. I am just glad, that before I wasted another day of my life for those ....... I am done.
Ya know at the end of the day ya got to look in the mirror. I am good. I know I worked with interigty.

Now I just waiting for the other show to drop for little troll. then the universe will be right. I am not a vengeful person. But hey- I will not shed a tear- but again raise a glass to Karma!

Enough about me- sorry I just had to share.

LORI-
I am on pins and needles for you. This sounds SO SO SO SO promising!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD for you to get your run in!!!!!! You so inspire me in so my ways.

NIC- Waiting for next post!!!!!

BLUE/ TRIG- XOXOXOXOX
  #2704   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 19:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Gals,

Jaz---Hope you had a great day w/the little boy and brand new red bike from GiGi. That is a memory he won't forget.

Hope you are planning a trip to the unemployment office soon to set up an appeal. Or do you just have to fill something out and then wait for them to contact you? In any case, I'd get it rolling asap. And yeah if they offer you pro bono lawyer help, take it. Once your case is submitted I think it rolls along pretty fast. I get a lot of my info from a pal's experience, she was denied because they had accused her of shop lifting from the department store she worked for. Long story and misunderstanding, but suffice to say she got her unemployment. It was many years ago, so hoping things haven't changed to much or are too different where you live. Still and again, keep in mind that most people trying to collect have been fired and that companies regularly deny these days because some people don't fight it! That's a savings for that company and well worth their time to show up at a hearing.

Lori---Hubby's cousin started working at Barnes and Nobel when he was 50 and now he's been there 8 years. He loves it. When I visit our nearby BN there are a fair amount of middle aged and senior people working there. Fingers crossed for you. This is a great time to look for a part time job, everyone is looking to staff up for the holidays. Fun time to work there too.

Trig---It's that not being hungry a lot of the time part of LC that is so great when one is in the zone. I love that part. Such a relief to not be interested in or thinking about food. You're there girl! Not asking for number of where you're at now, but wondering if you have a goal as to where you'd like to end up.

Nic--- Seems you've been there a week now? Is the trip drawing to a close?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man gals, it's nasty weather here. Cold and windy. Was supposed to meet a colleague for lunch today and was thrilled to the gills when she canceled. Ran a couple quick bone chilling errands and have been home and cozy since noon.

I have a very big styling day tomorrow so I'm going to tuck in early w/book and hope I fall asleep on the earlier side as I have to be up super early. When I have an early call I tend to worry about it in my sleep on an off all night. Keep waking up to look at the clock, even though my alarm is set. If you've ever forgotten to set your alarm just once, or thought you did, or got the switch wrong, the fear of missing an appointment is always with you. And this is a big one for all kinds of political reasons.

On plan today. Haven't been able to OMAD in the last couple of days. I never do it if I feel real hunger---registers as light headed and/or headachy for me. But I've kept it to more of a LC snack to solve that problem.

Although it is cold and windy outside, it is SO freaking cozy inside at our house. Hubby is making that black soybean/tomato/onion/mozzarella cheese dish I was telling y'all about. Man, it is so yummy and the smells are wafting from the kitchen out here to our living room. Hubby is singing his heart out, loud and proud, along w/Johnny Rivers as he cooks---he ALWAYS cooks to music on our kitchen CD player---- as I am cozy w/my gals here.

Haha. In fact, I just decided I'm so cozy and happy chatting here and dinner is at least a half hour away, I'm going to try to repeat some of the stuff I lost on that post, because I do kind of like to talk about this girly stuff, which is why I started the convo.

To start out with, I'm a cheap date when it comes to lotions and potions. Have read endless articles by dermos and they all say the same thing. More expensive skin products are no different in their success/productivity than the ones you buy at Walgreens. You are paying for the packaging and the brand. Was a time I tried out the more expensive products, but found what the dermos said to be true.

This goes for cosmetics for me too. So I basically do all my shopping at Walgreens. And hey, those gals behind the counter are great there. Having gotten to know some of them I've found out they all go to Walgreen's "Beauty Boot Camp" and they are darn knowledgeable about their products, and there are a lot of lines and products. Plenty good enough for me.

For instance, I use good old fashioned Ponds on my face, neck, hands and elbows about a half hour before I go to bed every night---to give time to soak in before I hit the pillow. 5.99 for a jar that lasts and lasts. I was delighted to read in a book I recently finished, "The Fabulous Bouvier Sisters," about Jackie and her sister Lee, that Jackie slathered herself every night from head to toe in Ponds. LOL. And this woman could have afforded the more expensive stuff.

But I know what she liked about good old Ponds. Use it conservatively and it soaks in relatively fast and sucks up all the dry in your skin just like that.

The one product I do spend a bit more money on, that I love and HIGHLY rec is Loreal's Age Perfect Rosy tone skin tint. It is predominantly a moisturizer. This is what I use in the morning, or before I go out for the night. It is light and whippy and while it is NOT a foundation or even close to it, it gives just a delightful amount of glow to the skin. Particularly in the winter when my skin seems to have green undertones. It's about $18, and I so recommend trying it out. My jars of it last me a good long time, doesn't take much, but I can really see the difference in terms of that slight tint.

Also, want to say that one doesn't have to spend a lot on a facial either. There are so many good and reasonable exfoliation skin masks out there. I have my faves, but they all work and don't cost much. Removing the layer of dead skin cells from our face really makes a difference.

Do any of you gals have a school of cosmetology near you? Because we have one here in my city and my gal pals and I go on their BOGO deals. $11 for over an hour facial that includes your neck, shoulders and upper chest. It is heaven with it's fresh smells and zen music. Still it is like all facials basically a moisture/exfoliation thing. It is a luxury beyond belief for $11. These students are doing this as part of their final exams in getting their certificates, so we watch the calender for when that happens.

Next step up from just products---the use of botox or Juvederm. I had Botox once in my forehead. It was quick and painless and make a big difference. But it is not permanent. I'd say mine lasted somewhere between 6 and 8 months.

Since I was lucky to be invited to a "botox/juvederm party" I got a good deal on it. About $200, for 6 to 8 months of my forehead looking a lot better. Amortize that and you're looking at about 3O dollars a month.

Botox is for everything above your eyes, and Juvederm is for everything below you eyes, and it is more expensive, but not by undoable amounts. It's just that it's temporary. I have seen it done really well, and I have seen it overdone---the latter mostly from celebrities who should know better, or at least have doctors who tell them better.

Anywho, outside of over the counter solutions, and the botox and Juvederm, I just want to get my eyes done. I really do. First of all because I think I'll need them done for better peripheral sight, which is why Medicare will pays for it, and also because my mom told me a long time ago, "if you do nothing else, do your eyes, they are beautiful." SIGH, oh mom. I just have to work up the courage to submit myself to the white coats to get it done. But I'm feeling it coming closer to being a reality.

And one last thing---my super glam mom taught me a lot about this. She had more work done than I ever will. But she was always an artist too, and everything she had done looked natural and healthy on her. She NEVER took it too far.

She taught me that really, there is nothing like a bit of surgery for real results. That was all more important to her than it is to me. But she did teach me a lot.

Bottom line, imo---we can all buy the beauty products we believe in, from moisturizers to exfoliators to cosmetics. And they WILL ALL help. But there is NOTHING that's going to erase certain agin things better than surgery.

For instance, if you want to lose your soft jaw line and saggy chin, there is no product other than surgery. And, a mini lift can solve a lot of this.Good news is these days they do it in a way that it also does not demand a ton of recovery---ie, when can I go out w/out looking like a swollen up freak?

So, just rambling on a subject I brought up, tried to talk about a bit ago and got erased.

For me, I'm just going to try to get up the courage to do my eyes. My mom was right about that. They are my best feature, and beyond vanity, should I be so blessed to live long enough, I'm going to have to deal w/them from a functional stand point.

So there. On and on I went. And understand I might have missed the minute for us to all talk about this. But I was just determine to post what I tried to a day or so ago.
  #2705   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 20:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Oh and Lori---one more thing. Actually from what I can see, retail is really looking for maturity in their sales associates, or whatever they call them. As I have said here before, when I had my store I discovered the same thing. The older ladies were the BEST BY FAR.

These ladies weren't looking to make a career move. Either are you. They were looking for the best home for a nice little part time job, and when we found the right one, we gave her every part of that "Nice little part time job." She was so worth it.

So don't you go in there w/a minute of doubt about your age. You look youthful and fit. And you're smart. I will be very surprised if they don't try to grab you.

But yeah, you know from Dick's, the demands can overcome that "nice little part time retail job idea." However from what I've heard from hubby's cousin, Barnes and Noble is pretty reasonable. But then who knows till you get there, right?

Still, what another interesting page in your post retirement journal. You did Dick's and sportswear, so what does Barnes and Noble, books and coffee, have to offer you?
  #2706   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....thank you so much for your thoughtful post and comments on the B & N job. I hope it works out as I have a good feeling about it. The location couldn't be better....a mile from my front door!

You are so right about the skin care "scam". So many of the products are so $$ and you're just paying for a name. I have liked the Olay line of products for a long time. Not overly expensive and very nice. Just yesterday I scheduled a facial at the place where I get my massages. I know I could do it myself at home, but have been wanting to be pampered with a facial for a long time. I want to get the aesthician's(not sure I spelled that correctly) opinion on the condition of my skin and her recommendations for me. I won't buy expensive serums etc from her, but I'll take her suggestions into consideration.

Jaz......how sweet that the little princess was so lovey to her Gigi yesterday! How is Noah doing with his bike? I'm sure he loves it.

Oh my....all that stuff going down at your old job. What a horrible organization. And all those fairly new hires who are now without jobs.....sad. I hope all this mess is ammunition for your case to fight the unemployment denial.

Trig...hope you had a good day with Mom. Did you take her shopping? Do you do lunch out when you take her out and about?

Nic....I, too, am wondering when you head for home? You sure have had a great trip. That area sounds like an awesome part of the world.
-------
Yoga this morning and then not much else. The weather is taking a turn for the worse about Noon today with rain and then maybe some snow....ACK!!!

Not sure what I'll make for dinner tonight. Maybe chicken of some sort. The shrimp tacos were quite tasty last night.

Be back later!
  #2707   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 05:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, like a mile from your house....wow....that is truly a nice commute to work. I hope that job works out for you....sounds like a nice easy position and keep you busy over a long cold winter. Cool...let us know.

No...we don't do lunch out. All mom can handle at 91 is the store and that walking....she tires fast and has no interest in eating out. She has her little routine now and going to stop for lunch would throw her out of whack...lol...sometimes tho I hit the drive thru at Wendys cause she is a chili fan...she just takes it home and dives into it

Blue....great report on skin care and more.
I also use cheaper side of products. I don't use many. I tried to do a skin care regime, I don't even like scheduling it for me at night HA so like you I just put on some lotion. Ponds is a good one, been around forever.

I use some ROC retinol age defying crap and I gotta say I sure ain't seen a difference LOL and use a lot of Nuetrogena products. I like them for some reason. Thing is much of those specialized products sure don't deliver all they spout they perform.

I won't do botox. Ain't got it in me to shoot chemical or whatever it is into my body. Just me, ain't going there.

Hit the scale cause I had to look...down .8, will take it.

today is dog to groomer at 9
he stinks.

stop at grocery. gotta do a meat buy.

home to do some chores. take life a bit easy. not much today

we are walking toward a lot colder.....next week is 50s and then a crash down to 39 as a high.....omg I am gonna die.

all going well. feel wonderful. I have to consider something to do over the winter. I feel boredom heading into my life a bit too much. gotta think this over. won't put too much brain power into it but know I need something. will see on it.

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Nov-07-19 at 06:34.
  #2708   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 10:46

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

NIC- Wondering where you are! I know you are "wrapping up" you adventures!

BLUE- I love your post regarding products. I do think that good old fashioned face cleansing and moisturer does wonders! I would DEF do Botox on my forehead and around my eyes. YUP!!! -
I would stop at that most likely. I would do facials, love the idea of a beauty school!
I get the wanting to get your eyelids down. I have see the before and after on that. It is amazing the difference. IF IF IF I had a lid issue, I would consider that too. But this liposuction, and all these injections you hear about- no thank you. I will keep my dimples and all!!!!
Great conversation, thanks for the rewrite!!!!

Lori- I can't wait for your interview! I am EXCITED for you. I wasn't so much with the grocery- but the book store- YES!

Good for you to lace up those shoes!!! - Again you are amazing and so fit! You have WORKED for it! I plan to get my walk in today as well.I am walking. - but I a getting it in!

TRIG- - Yeah- today is a dark and gloomy, overcast and muggy day. The rains are coming in later in afternoon and then temps drop here for us too!

I read you are another .8 down!!!! You are in it!!!!!
How are you feeling? I you using any sauces? Do you eat wings? I know you are not into chicken as much! You are really picking up peepers on your other thread too! Look at you!!!! Still wanna know if your pants falling off!!!! HAHAHAHAH
-----------------------------------------------------------
All- I was so busy with the kids yesterday I basically took the day off to "play". Did nothing for the job hunt. Today however is gray and dark and a good day to work on the job search. Put in some hours.

I have really been giving this some thought. My ideal gig would be a nice RN weekend gig that pays well as a part time thing. I like the idea of the RN 3 days a weeks that would cover the bills and then another part time that allows me to be more creative. I am done being all work no fun.

Work has consumed my life for the last 3 years. No more.
I have a love of other things- teaching, coaching, writing, flipping, speaking. I would love to get back into a Toast masters club. Did it in Greenville. It was cool- and builds contacts among professionals.

Yea on the past employer- I need to wait until I get the "official" denial in the mail before I can act. Trust me, I will not let that go. I want what I deserve, even if it is just a check or two. It is not about the money. These people have abused the staff- and from what I have been reading across the company. In a way as sad as it was to read what how others have been treated, I felt not singled out and alone. It is a crooked company that should be ashamed.

It was so nice to see those babes yesterday! We agreed we should get together sometime every week until I get work!

Well...... mom issues. She got the news today she has thyroid cancer. They found a "spot" in her gland when she was getting tested for Arthritis in her neck. Well- fast forward she had a biopsy done several weeks ago. I didn't get upset- still not. Thankfully she is not either.
So we don't know how far it is spread until they go in. The hope of course it is contained, they removed the gland and she takes meds and that would be that.
The time to get upset of course is if it has spread. That is something though we will not know until they go in and see.
She is scheduled for her surgeon tomorrow. I foresee her in surgery in the next week or so. It looked "bad" from the cells extracted. But truly I will not react until we get the full picture. So that is upcoming.

Watching parents age is well- I can't put a word on it. I have seen her age alot in the last year. When she gets on my last nerve, I remind myself she isn't forever. We need to make amends and know that there are no regrets. Live life to the fullest!!!! We never know.

So, I have a few things on eBay. My daughter told me that she shops Facebook Market place. That is a great site for moms. Kids outgrow stuff all the time.

Ok- well, I need to get busy here.

Have a great one.
Dinner- I am thinking....... Simple something. I do need to run out quick I am out of coffee filters!!!!- God forbid!
So I will pursue the meat/ seafood and see what appeals.
Something meaty in the oven sounds good.

back later
  #2709   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 11:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all~

Checking in with my peeps!

Trig- congrats on weight continuing to drop. You are really doing well. Sounds like the cold is coming to get you. Get some throws you can plug in. I find that helps a lot.

Jaz- Your time with the Littles sounds wonderful. Love that Ava is all about you now too. Poor Noah will have to share his Gigi!

I'm sorry about your Mom. Like you said, worry when you need to. Hugs. And Yes I am right there with you, not forever and no regrets.

Blue- thanks for the comments about the skin care and such. I think I will look into Ponds for the evening. My face can be dry so I do use a heavy moisturizer on it. I use cetaphil to wash it.

Lori- I think the bookstore sounds like a great fit. My only hesitation would be going into retail over the holiday season - could lead to long hours. But, on the other hand, it is a great way to fill some time and have a little change in your pocket!

We head back tomorrow. It has been a really good trip. We could actually be happy staying a few more days. Some trips you are just ready to leave. But we are quite content here. Our apartment in Amsterdam has been great. The weather has been pretty meh, a lot of gray, rain in some capacity or another pretty much daily, but we've enjoyed it all nonetheless.

Dh's parents are going through a bad time. After several wrong diagnoses, Dh's Dad was diagnosed with the more common form of amyloidosis of the heart. This can be managed and is not dire. He is being discharged from the hospital today, however, MIL got in a car accident on her way to get him and is being taken to the hospital via ambulance. I don't think it is serious but it isn't great. So now they are both at the hospital. Brother 2 went down for the procedure day before yesterday, Brother 3 is on his way down now bc of MIL and DH will go down on Saturday. So, yeah. A lot going on and the move is supposed to be taking place soon as well and may need to be delayed.

I have tons of pictures and will share a few of them over time as I go through them this weekend. Kids are all doing well- apparently DS17 has been wonderful for DD and SoIL. SoIL's bday is today and he is now 25. Good to know all the kids can manage well in our absence. Dh and I have already decided the next trip we take, after Mexico for DS17's graduation in the summer, will be to Alaska. Probably 2020.

I'm thinking when I go back I'll hit LC for a couple of weeks and then see what I want to do at that point. Lots of walking has been happening but TONS of eating too. Decidedly not LC or anything other diet related!

Dh has a cold and I have been avoiding it like the plague. Kicked DS21 to his apartment and DH to the spare bedroom bc he was snoring like crazy and coughing on me. I want to be well until the flight home at least!

So, that's about it from me for now. Had virtually no jetlag at all coming but I've heard it is worse going back. Guess we'll see!
  #2710   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 13:37

BF:

Nicco I so enjoyed reading about your grand trip!! I know you guys had a most wonderful time.

but so sorry you are coming home to such troubles with the inlaws….my goodness. Prayers sent to your family. I hope everything is ok and all are on a good path to recovery and mend up well. It is a tough time when it all goes down fast.

Jaz, so sorry about your mom and troubles. Sending prayers for your family and her that she receives a great outcome. Keep us informed but wishing ya'll nothing but the best!! It is hard as life marches over all of us

yea if THEY got a LAYOFF and you got fired for insubord...they best have true real facts you did it cause you didn't.....yea you were verbal but you did your job. you deserve that unemploy. I think you got a monster strong case for some bucks girl.

Take your time.....think what you really want cause there is a way to make good bucks and do well and to have time in your life to have a life.....I so get where you are coming from.

for me I have go so strict it is insanity
I only eat meat and drink water. seafood. everything is cooked only in grass fed butter and not too much of it. I do use dairy and very sparingly tho. I cut that back big time. I get away with losing lbs. on dairy, it just doesn't nail me at all. So I am super lucky but I am also very tough on limiting it.

I have been eating so squeaky clean I do squeak when I walk...haha

but also I am going into absolutely no hunger mode....so that is a monster plus. I am very calm on plan right now....like this is where I thive and do best and am just doing it and not thinking too darn hard about it

SO I AM Christmas shopping online.

my gosh Bomba socks are friggin' expensive. got kid a 6 pack....might need a part time job to pay for them. ugh

but I got a great deal on Sboly Kcup/Drip slimline coffee maker hubby wants. replace the old horrible one he has. And it comes with an insulated travel mug.
Only $70 but went online and searched code....got a 50% off.
Hit the checkout and applied code and paid only $34.99 all in total....hot darn....Keurig was just too expensive, I don't drink it at all, I like this one cause smaller and not too cheap, good reviews and with that discount, I did fab.

Then kid wants Huion 16 Pro tablet. A mere $479. Then I need the $17.99 artist glove that keeps pics from smearing. It is like a professional type artist tablet. Didn't buy yet, looking around. I think I can get it for $399 on Amazon....gotta start looking hard now and get moving, they seem to be going out of stock everywhere. best get moving on it

ugh

holidays are coming very fast at us!! BAH

ok...off to spend more money online...shoot me
  #2711   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 22:27

BF:

Quickie- longer tomorrow!!!!!

NIC- So much on your plate! As per usual you handle with grace and methodical. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and pics and all!

TRIG- Christmas shopping??????????- You are so on it!!!!! I am so proud of how you got where you needed to be and not moving! What is that WHOOSING sound????? you losing weight!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sold my first item on eBay!!!!!- hey it was fun- will ship it tomorrow. It was not a big ticket item. I did it more for the practice. But hell 65 dollars in my back pocket.

Date tomorrow.......... Dude is older than me- seems to have a sense of humor. I not really into dating right now, but I think it might be a nice distraction. Of course he picked a Mexican place. I told him I would stay for 1 glass of wine no dinner. I picked happy hour so I would not be tempted to stay for food. Told him have plans after, and can only stay hour. Meet and greet. Told him I had a family obligation so he wouldn't think I was running to another date.

I have a couple prospects. I am not in it right now. Feeling frumpy- hardly sexy, and big, add no job and what a package. But ya know- toss enough pennies.
Slept alot today. Should have been working. I need to find something soon.

Ohio guy is coming next week. Not feeling that either. My weight has alot to do with that. I am 10 pounds up from the last time I saw him. URghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
Being single is rough! - you ladies hug your men tonight and be thankful for those guys that love and adore you. I know that being with someone day in day out has as BLUE says EBB and FLOW. But at the end of the day you have a partner who has your back and you are together. You are a team no matter what life tosses at you. They love you and to them you are the world! That is priceless.

Being single has it's perks don't get me wrong here!!!! - But there are times I wouldn't mind a partner. Just blabbering - so I am going to sign off- it is going on midnight.
not sleepy as I have slept most of the day. I was emotionally over today.

Tomorrow is another day. I will get up early- get my hair fixed up, desperately needs a color refresh. I haven't washed it in days- yea I said that. Thank god for shampoo in a spray can.

Oh hell I just put in a movie!!!!! - Pirate Radio - Prime it looks promising!!! will let ya know. About music in Europe in the 60/70's
Later chickadees

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Nov-07-19 at 22:33.
  #2712   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 06:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Stayed in the sack until 6:30 this morning when DH left for work. Enjoying my first cup of coffee and hoping to conjure up some motivation to go to the gym later. My plan was to go to the gym & grocery store and then home to shower before going up to the Barnes and Noble and nosing around. I just want to get the lay of the land and have a look around. I haven't been in there for a long time, but I know it's a nice store. I want to see what the employees wear and see how busy the Starbucks counter is during the day.

Well, today should be a DD as far as my eating goes. I've only had 1 DD this week and I really need another one. I had thought to do one yesterday, but that fell apart early. I want to step on the scale tomorrow morning, so a DD today will help the number I see be lower....hopefully! DH wants chili & toasted cheese sandwich for dinner, so I could eat a small bowl of chili and stay well below my 500 calories....it's not eating until dinner that could be the problem. I think it's the cold weather that has sparked my appetite so severely.

Trig......WOW....you are on top of the Christmas shopping! I have no idea what to get the grandsons. I soon have to get on my daughter to send me the link to some things that the boys would like. We buy them a few items and then give them $$ to shop for themselves.

Jaz....I hope you enjoy your happy hour meet up. A distraction will do you good and who knows, this may be the lucky penny!

So sorry about your Mom's medical problem. Sure hope the surgery reveals that it hasn't spread.

Nic.....I look forward to seeing more photos when you have a chance to go thru them. What a fabulous trip! Hope you managed to avoid getting the "crud" that DH had/has.

It sounds like you're coming home to lots to deal with as far as MIL/FIL goes. Was MIL admitted to the hospital after the car accident? Hope she wasn't injured severely. It'll be a relief to you all to get them moved into their new place and settled. A constant worry, I'm sure.

Blue....hope you have a nice weekend on tap. Is it still so blustery & cold? I don't mind the cold so much, but the wind? ACK!! I think we may get up to 50 degrees on Sunday here....looking forward to that.

Well, I think I'll have the gumption to go to the gym later. The coffee is starting to kick in. The nice thing is that I have all day....no need to rush out early this morning.

Have good days everyone!
  #2713   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 08:44

BF:

Hello lovlies -

Lori- - Good Idea to scope the place out. Plus you might find a book or two. I would think that the Starbucks would be employed by Starbucks people. They really do get trained really well. The book store I think would be an awesome place. Everything I have been in a Barnes and Noble it just seems so laid back and chilled. The staff are always helpful and nice, they don't seem stressed out.

Today is going to be a DD for me. Even though I don't do the up/down- I need a low day. Let us know about your scoping it out!

Trig- Bright blues and COLD today!!!!!!- Good to get out and hike! I am pretty impressed you have your Christmas shopping done. Do you and PORK chop exchange gifts? The EX and I would always find something we jointly wanted and treat ourself to it and that was out gift. Usually something for the house.
Anymore loses. What are you eating today?

Blue- Hope you are enjoying your week. Yea, any social plans this weekend?

Nic- Are you home yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------
All- I am feeling like I need a super lite/down day. I am feeling pudgy and bloaty. I have taken sinus meds the last two days and I know that plays with your fluids.

Today is a flush day. I am going to make a fresh batch of my favorite tea and drink up. I am going to go carnivore for the next week and see what happens. I am pretty close to it now, but I need to tighten it up.
I am wanting a WHOOSH too!!!!! -
I am up 3/6 pounds now and feel it. Darn it!!!!!

BTW- LISTEN up- Broccoli/ Cauliflower and Chicken are on a recall list, as well as Krogers packaged green beans. So now is good a time as any to ditch some veggies.

Today is bright blues and in the 50's- BRRRRRRRRRR -
Have to run a few errands- need to drop off that package for shipping and hit up the meat market. Also going to pick up some hair products- my hair is a mess. I hate seeing an inch of roots.

Going to really job hunt today. Yesterday I wasn't feeling it.
I decided I am going to put up a tree. I love the twinkle of lights at night. I need to make the effort.

Also politely told the date that "something came up"- I need a rain check. I am just not feeling it right now. I am going to pull my profile off for a while. It is paid up until the end of Jan. I can "hide" the profile. I have too much on my plate to be dealing with guys.

TRIG-
What are you eating today? I need some ideas. Yesterday was seafood gumbo- it was good but. think it had too many carbs as I added a package of gumbo veggie mix, and a can of tomatoes.

Ok- need to get with my day. I really do have a lot I need to get done!

Have a good one- I am getting in a 30 day walk! I ALWAYS FEEL good when I get a walk in!

Back later!
  #2714   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 09:05

BF:

Lori very smart to scope out the lay of the land. I would do that also This sounds like a great part time job for you....so close to the house, easy materials to work with instead of nasty meat slicers, a book might give ya a paper cut but that slicer could take off a finger HeeHee…..

I so do the money also. I don't give kid money cause the grandmas do so she gets loaded.....but I absolutely think money at a certain age is best. You don't know what they have, what they truly want and if they are saving for something you bumped them up to get it good call

I think winter is a 'store fat' to survive for the body. It feels it, mentally we gotta fight against that....lol

Jaz, smart to ditch the date if ya ain't feeling it. besides with holidays coming you are busy, new year means you wanna a new job to suit ya and pay bills. I think you come first in a way. Get your crap together and new love could walk thru that door when you are super confident and feeling fab. I feel ya on that.

Today I already ate 6 oz. top sirloin steak. flash fry fast in pan on stove. tad of butter. I like more rare on this cause if overcooked it gets like leather. Ate it but barely wanted it. 6 oz was smart size to go....small but doable.

Now not hungry so later I am thinking about 12 jumbo shrimp with like a 1/2 cup homemade alfredo sauce for dipping.

(super easy....heavy whip cream, a lot of butter, smidge of fresh garlic, tons of parm cheese to thicken nice) and yummy as heck. I could eat this stuff straight with a spoon.....oh yea, I have LOL

No hubby and I don't do gifts but I know he wants a new coffeemaker, kcup thing so I got one. I will tell him I want about 5 nice scented candles to use in the house. We might pick up a surprise little thing.....this is ALL just to have something to open while kid opens hers ya know.

We have so much and we are blessed so this present stuff kinda isn't needed to that level. We got it made in the shade and that is enough for us and besides, we buy what we truly need thru the year. And older I get, I want nothing LOL

cold here. sun but cold into that Brrr…..and losing some lbs now I am like a popsicle. I hate it
  #2715   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 12:39

BF:

Back again!

Ran an errand, hit the grocery store & gym(2 miles on the treadmill), home to shower and now here I sit! I decided to hit up the book store tomorrow as I have nothing going on for the day.

I'm having a good DD. Fasted over 20 hours before having a yogurt and a cup of coffee. Another good reason to go to the bookstore tomorrow is that I'll be able to have a treat at the Starbucks while I'm there. The cool thing about the job I applied for is that it is a mix of working in the Starbucks cafe & the bookstore both. Would be nice to have something different each day to look forward to.

DH and DS decided to go hunting this afternoon and then go out for dinner, so no cooking for me tonight. I may still have a bowl of chili later...easy to heat up and will taste good on this cold, windy day.

Ok....gonna enjoy my coffee and maybe take a nap!
Closed Thread