Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 16:39

Plan: High protein/low carb
Stats: 252/210/168 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Apron stomach

Hi everyone.
I’ve been wanting to write about this for a while but find it hard to talk about!
So here goes…

I have lost 28lbs and my stomach is now drooping down over my thighs. I am wanting to lose another 40lbs at least and if my apron gets any bigger wearing trousers will be out of the question as the weight of the apron is pushing my trouser down.
I feel as though I am carrying a shopping bag in front of me when walking upstairs as the weight of my hanging down flab is banging on my legs.

I realize this topic is not nice to talk about and I apologise if anyone is offended, but if anyone can recommend any compression pants that I can buy in the UK I would be very grateful.

Last edited by crunchtime : Thu, May-11-17 at 17:09.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 18:40

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Maybe some support undergarments would be helpful until you are ready for new clothes. Check on ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 20:03
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I bought compression under shirts and compression underwear. It did help hold me together and made me look better when wearing certain clothes. I don't wear them much anymore. I found that the sag was worse in the middle of my journey. It took time for the skin to tighten up more and having less fat in the skin later in the journey meant less mass for gravity to pull down on. I still have an apron, little bat wings under my arms, and some saggy skin on my inner thighs. But it is much better than it was 18 months ago. All things considered, I'm OK with where I am at with it. I know this is one of those things that can vary greatly from one person to another. I know that it could have been worse. I hope my issues continue to get better. If not, so be it. I'll take this over being obese any day.

So I would recommend just continue to lose the weight and deal with you loose skin issue as best you can. Give it some time, even after you reach your goal weight. Then if you are unhappy with where you are at, you can consider other options. I considered skin removal surgery for a time. But now I see no need to go through the risk, pain, and expense of that. I can wear nice clothes and keep my little flappy parts covered up.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 13:25
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

I have a definite jelly roll, as it's affectionately called. It sounds like it is not as bad as yours as it really only bothers me if I run or jog. Looking back, I think I'm like Ken, it was worse before - or maybe I've just gotten used to it. I recommend getting a pair of bike shorts, or some spanx, if it's bothering you during your daily activities. Then, keep on doing what you're doing and see how it is in a year.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-12-17, 20:03

BF:

Thank you so... much everyone for pointing out that looking to the future and not the here and now is the way to go.

I am only a third of the way through my weight lost so with time; and as you have kindly pointed out the heaviness I feel will end up as just loose skin "which I won't have any problem living with when I reach my goal weight"

Even now I feel a lightness in my steps and a spring in my feet when out walking my two Staffordshire dogs and with the benefit of good undergarments this will stop me being self-conscious of my wobbles.

I know my weight loss will be coming off more slowly from now on, but I’m hoping I can still loose 6lb a month which will take me up to January 2018 give or take a couple of months - that will be the light at the end of the tunnel and a goal that I have wanted to achieve for many years.

Last edited by crunchtime : Fri, May-12-17 at 20:50.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm a little worried about my arms.... The last time I lost some weight they were really loose and flabby - kind of the "bat wing" effect and I could not wear anything short sleeved. I had moments of thinking I looked better fat. But I was wrong. Long sleeves my not be as nice as no sleeves, but you still look better. and it's really about the way we FEEL, isn't it? i just wish all of us who lost a significant amount of weight could afford plastic surger to get rid of excess skin. If I win big in the lottery I'll help you out ;-)
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 10:35
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

YNot - I think my arms are the loosest for me, in terms of skin. I'm guessing that they're never really going to get much better. I have gone sleeveless a few times, because, why not? (haha!) But it's definitely something that I wish was different.

Of course, I will take good health numbers over jiggly arms all day every day so in that sense, I'm fine with it.

I'm hoping for the best with yours!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 13:34
Registered Member

Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyZee
YNot - I think my arms are the loosest for me, in terms of skin. I'm guessing that they're never really going to get much better. I have gone sleeveless a few times, because, why not? (haha!) But it's definitely something that I wish was different.

Of course, I will take good health numbers over jiggly arms all day every day so in that sense, I'm fine with it.

I'm hoping for the best with yours!

I'd do it if I could keep my arms down...my worst moment was when I was teaching a class and writing on the board and realized the amount of jiggle I was displaying,LOL
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 06:38

BF:

I am in my 70's so having plastic surgery might cause more problems than it is worth for me as the dangers in having the operation might out-weigh wearing tighter panties.

If I am able to look good in a skirt and blouse and actually be able to show that I have a waistline then this will be good enough for me.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-11-18, 08:55

Stats: 260/178/150 Female 5'.5"
BF:
Progress: 75%

just turned 77 and have just recently lost another 15 lbs..have gotten used to my "apron" and "bat wings" over the years...but this time, maybe because I'm SO much less active..(lot of physical problems with my feet ), my legs look like they're melting...sort of creeps me out...hated wearing a girdle back in the 60's...so not sure I'm up for any compression gear...but the bike shorts ..maybe..

Have forgotten how to change the stats...so posted weight is not accurate...

Last edited by LoletaLynn : Fri, May-11-18 at 09:01.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-11-18, 12:07

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm in my seventies too, and about halfway through my weight loss. My hanging belly is the worst of it, and it seems to be more, uh, hangy, now than it was before, but less solid. Bat wings too, of course, and cottage cheese on my upper arms and thighs. Oh well, it's definitely worth it.

Meg
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-11-18, 12:37
Say NO to Diabetes!

My experience was that the overhang was at its worst 3/4 of the way to my goal weight. I still have loose skin. No doubt about that. After 240+ pounds of weight loss it was inevitable. However, my end result was not as bad as I feared that it might be. But after the peak with 30 (or so) pounds from goal the overhang lessened with additional weight loss. I've still never managed to reach my normal BMI. I wonder if the hanging skin might be even better if I did get those last few pounds off. From what I've read this loose skin issue varies widely from one person to the next. Your age, how much weight you've lost, how fast you lost it, and your genetic disposition all play a roll. Considering how much weight I lost, I can't complain about my results.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-11-18, 12:55
Say NO to Diabetes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoletaLynn
Have forgotten how to change the stats...so posted weight is not accurate...

Click on USER CP (upper left). Then select EDIT PROFILE on the list of Control Panel options that appear on the left side of the screen. You can update and save your current weight on that screen.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-13-18, 08:46

BF:

Found it...did it...isn't showing up yet...Thank you Ken...when it does show..it will let all know that I'm at it AGAIN...this time I WILL make it...the difference being that I have my daughter and granddaughter joining me in the battle...Plus with My Lord's help I've finally reached the point of acceptance...
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-14-18, 08:52

BF:

YAY the stats changed...Thanks again Ken