Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 09:14

Plan: my plan
Stats: 162.5/148/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Dear fat,

I think I've never REALLY loved you. I let you move in because it was kind of comforting, but then you brought your friends, and I feel like you are taking advantage of me. Besides, I've got my new lovers (10 lb. dumbbells). They satisfy me better than you ever could. Seriously fat, go now and don't come back or I'll get a restraining order.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 09:49

Plan: meat 'n water
Stats: 221/181/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Patty,

YOU. GO. GIRL!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 00:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/135 Female 175 centimeter
BF:
Progress:

Dear Fat:

you know i loved you pretty dearly most of my childhood, you protected me and nurtured me and accompanied me the way no one else could, and im thankful you were there, i dont know whom would i be today if it wasnt because you made me stronger when called names. And i want to apologies if i hated you through most of my teens, it wasnt you i hated i hated myself, im sorry for calling you stupid and ugly and disgusting, you are neither, you are just fat.
thank you for coming back when my heart was broken, you made me feel like nothing else mattered.

but now you have taken too much of me, i mean we need boundries, i like it when you stay were you should be, and i am grateful that you allow me to menstruate, but i do not like that you put me at risk of heart diseases and illnesess and i do not like that you limit me to do physicall activities i enjoy, i know i have contribute to this lake of respect, but im willing to change if you do too,

please lets just make peace with each other, and i dont need you to comfort me no more, im a grown up now and also i dont need you to be there to hugg me all around, i have friends that can do that for me.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 09:39

Plan: Just clean eatin'
Stats: 215/185/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 43%

Danitachem, I love what you said about not needing it to hug you - you have friends to do that. Great post.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 16:25

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Dear Fat,
You have been gone for quite a while now, and wile I would love to tell you I miss you, I truly am getting along just fine. There are very cold days that I miss the warmth you gave me, and times when I could use you as an excuse to order a super sized french fry AND a strawberry shake without cringing at the sound of my voice ordering that crap! You used to bring me comfort, but now... I just buy warmer clothes, and keep a blanket close by. But I am writing to tell you that.. you have left a little bit of you behind. I think you thought that maybe this was a trial seperation, but dude, I meant it! It is OVER! I am done with you! You took a part of me that was mine ~ my self confidence! Well guess what, my thinner jeans gave that back to me! Yes they did! And they love me more then you ever could. YOU used me ... that's right. But I have to be honest and say I used you too. You were my excuse for alot of things, but now, I have control again. And you dont' need to come see me. I am shipping your leftovers to you! You can expect them all to arrive by the beginning of summer, and PLEASE, PLEASE do not return! I will not pick it up!

Sincerly,
ME
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-09, 10:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/360/80 Female 5 ft 3
BF:

Dear Fat

Seems I've needed you for a long time, because I've never felt that on my own I was big enough to look after myself. You've been a comfort and I will probably always need you, because the world is such a horrible place and there are still so many horrible people who do and say such hurtful things. If it wasn't for you covering me with a great, thick layer of protection I would have been destroyed by now.

But there is too much of you - Fat, you've got TOO fat! You need to lose some weight because it's got so very hard for me to carry you around all the time. It's hurting me physically and maybe driving me into an early grave. What was once protection is now the thing that is hurting me most of all.

So, dear Fat, would you consider please going on a diet?

Thanks

Helena
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-09, 07:01

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 350/269.0/199 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 54%

Dear body of mine,

Thank you for carrying me through the last 32 years of my life. Muscles you have always been there for me when I needed you but you have been kind of crowded out by Fat. I want you to come back to the surface now, it is time.

Fat, they say we have friends for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I know the reason you came, to protect me from mean spirited people in your own weird way. You formed a shell around me that was hard for mean words and actions to penetrate. I became the FUNNY one because of you, everyone liked me so the teasing somewhat subsided. When that happened, the self confidence started to come back. I think it took alot of courage for you and I to go to University and study Nutrition! Do you remember that Fat? You were the only fat in the class. But we did really well and to this day we excel in everything we do together.

But here is the thing Fat, I am tired of being a hypocrite every day at my job. It is no longer funny to me that I am a FAT nutritionist and I think you are embarrased by that fact as well. Also, Muscles and Bone have had enough of you weighing them down. My knees and back have suffered long enough and they want a break. I don't need you around for another season and definately not for a lifetime. MY life is great.

Thanks for being there for me but it is time for you to go. Let's not say we'll keep in touch, we are both too busy for that with our new lives.
Goodbye Fat,

Louise
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-09, 07:16

Plan: IF/caveman
Stats: 265/230/170 Female 70 in
BF:
Progress: 37%

dear fat, i just wanted to let u know that though u have been following me around for 10 years now, i never accepted our relationship. i have cheated on u many many times with slim fast shakes and ephedra . You obviously have just as low self esteem as i do because tho u went away for a little while, you always came right back to me. I dont find u attractive and i dont like what u make my thighs look like. From now on, stay away from me. Im not going to let u back into my life. I know u dont like halter tops, but i have decided i do so u cant stay. Thanks for keepin me warm but i think i will just buy a sweater this time. Oh and stay away from my husband will ya......
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 14:16

Plan: Just clean eatin'
Stats: 215/185/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 43%

Sheila, Helena, Louise, kasstout: I LOVED what you wrote. It was beautiful to see the honesty and compassion in your posts.

Thank you!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 01:08

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Dear Fat,

We have spent a lot of time together. I never liked you much though. But, it was cool when you weren't holding me back. I feel lately you have been smothering me. I need my space at least I need more space in the spaces I occupy, but there you are taking it all up. I know you don't really want to go and you are afraid for my future if you aren't around, but I will be fine. I will be better than fine. I have it on good authority that I will have more energy and it will be more like when I was younger and could actually do things and get around better. It's best if you go now, lingering is only going to make it harder to leave later on.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-09, 22:42
Registered Member

Stats: 365/338/185 Female 5 Foot 8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Dear Fat, AKA Pudge, Chub, Jiggle, Jellyroll, Flab, Thunder Thighs, etc:

I'm sorry to say that this is the end. I'm leaving. I'm running (yes, RUNNING) to greener pastures, and I'm sorry, but you just can't come with me. There's no room in the overhead bin as it is, and the rates they charge for extra baggage on those flights? Heinous!! Plus you are such a buttface when you hog those little bags of peanuts.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here, Fat, is that it hasn't been all bad, I guess. You helped me grow a lot as a person and become the adult I am today, not to mention being there to cushion my bones very nicely the times I fell and stuff. I'll always recall with a smile and a headshake coming home from work in college and us sharing a big old bowl of mashed potatoes. Hey, we were tired and hungry! And potatoes are good! We're Irish, after all.

Still, I guess I should thank you for making sure I grew up with a personality, a brain, and skills that a lot of other people don't have. You definitely helped me develop humility, a sense of humor about myself, and the ability to rely on my brains and personality rather than just good looks. You always cramped my style, but that didn't stop me from dating steadily, finding a wonderful husband who loves me passionately (and amazingly enough, thinks you're pretty cute too, fat! But you can't have him- he's taken!!).

So I guess this is goodbye, fat. I guess you've learned that I don't need you anymore, ever since those telltale portions of steak, chicken, cheese, and leafy green veggies began showing up in my belly. What can I say, I've never been good with breakups.

But don't be sad, Fat! You won't be alone. I'll be leaving you some buddies to keep you company. High blood pressure is a bit high-strung, but he's OK once you get to know him. Athsma will take your breath away! Allergies are OK, but just avoid giving them any flowers..cause..well, you know. Knee pain can be kind of a b*tch, but she shuts up after a few Tylenol PM, so keep the medicine cabinet stocked. Oh, and fluid retention, how could I forget her? Just keep your feet elevated and soak in some epsom salts, and you'll be right as rain! I promise!

I can't say I'll miss you very much, Fat. But then again, I've always been a bit ungrateful in that area. Thanks for the (belly) laughs.

Oh, and Fat?

Don't let the door hit you on your (gigantic) ~$$ on the way out, mmmkay?

Love,

BigFatMare

Last edited by BigFatMare : Tue, Feb-10-09 at 22:50.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-09, 10:11

Stats: 315.5/315.5/170 Female 5ft6
BF:Got It

I have adored reading these! I am doing mine on a whim here but I may need to make this a regular exercise as I am just not sure if I am more angry or thankful at dear old fat!

Dear Fat!

It's almost comical to think back on our many years of knowing eachother because you were the best friend who masked all the pain and yet the sneakiest bastard ever because not once did you ever allow me to learn my own lessons. You literally robbed me precious lessons and for that I simply can not forgive you.

I know what your saying because for the first time in life I now know you as intimately as you know me. How does it feel to be vulnerable? Your snickering and thinking that I will call again one day saying that I need warmth, emotional protection, a way out of this new relationship. But I got news for you... your dead wrong. I am the Gloria Gaynor of fat.....I will survive. Your a disease and a disease means lack of ease in the mind. You literally robbed me of my own damn thoughts and took over my life but allowed me to think I was complete while you slowly took away my life.

I never learned to let you go because you continued your coniving sneaky detrimental ways. I used to think it was me because when the going got tough I called on you, but I realize it was you like a demon on my shoulder telling me how to seek comfort.

I gave up hopes, dreams, entire periods of life to spend time with you like some sick stupid young and dumb teenager in love. Well no longer...I am a focused, talented and strong person and I can survive ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU!!!

It will be tough I learned to push real hurt and pain away and allowed you to take over. I never dealt with my mom's death and as you masked that pain I was faced with losing my dad and brother. You made it ok for me to jump from job to job because I was not even comfortable in my own skin. You allowed my potential to be hidden, my talents subdued and allowed no passion. You approved of me seeking love in all the wrong ways and forming intimate relationships in self destructing ways.

How the hell do you live with yourself? And you know what has me most angry....its not just me you have taken over the lives of so many...your a damn gigalo. Its time for you to look in the mirror and seek forgiveness.

Honestly I wish you no harm because the new me knows you get nothing in life by hatred and resentment. But I also know that aligning myself with that which is self sabotaging is not in my best interest and to part ways peacfully is the way to go.

Here my words carefully....flee now...do not past go and check yourself into the nearest clinic because believe me you have a lot more to deal with than I do. Its time to take a hard look and see how many you have ruined and pray that when your better you still got a few of us left. A few that will allow you to stick around and help you live a better life. When your better I will have a strong mind, lean body and emotional well being and if you choose to sober up and get clean I just might share myself w/ you in a healthy mutally beneficial way.

MIGHT....because after your abuse its gonna take some time.

And no there will be no parting meal, nor will I drive you there because your not ready yet...I still hear you trying to take me over.

Clean fast hard break...get out and don't look back because I ain't got time for your childish games anymore.

Nicole
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 02:48

Plan: Kwasniewski Optimal Diet
Stats: 284/171/115 Female 5feet, 1+3/4inches
BF:Everywhere!
Progress: 67%

Dear Fat,

You used to be my protector, but you sneakily became my jailor. You were my first addiction, and you're my last and most tenacious, too. I've read self-help books about how to break up with you until my eyes were blurry, but all that got me was a shelf full of self-help books I was ashamed to even lend to people, because then they'd really know just how neurotic I was (you told me they couldn't tell, while I wore you around like a fur coat in the summer). I only went through the motions of asking you nicely - not demanding - that you leave (because YOU told me early in my life that I wasn't worthy of demanding anything). I lost a good bit of you a few years ago, and started to feel superficially good about myself (and fit into some cute clothes even), but you didn't really go away. You were waiting for me to meet a man, so you could come back to me to offer protection against that uncomfortable feeling of even the idea of being lovable. As it turns out, I didn't really even like the guy, and you were right there to whisper in my ear that you could help push him away without my having to say anything and risk hurting him. Instead of hurting him, you offered to HURT ME!! What a thing to offer!! You are a schmuck!! And I accepted your offer!! It was so familiar being with you again. When you and I got back together, all that old familiar regret, self-loathing and self-pity came along with you. But I wasn't as happy being unhappy as I used to be.

Well, Fat, the good doctor (RIP) has once again saved me. The more fat I eat, the less of YOU there is on me!! HA!! The joke's on you! I'm meeting new healthy people in new healthy ways, and my ever-increasing sense of worth is really squeezing you out, isn't it? How d'you like me now?

You are such old news. We are so done. Don't call, don't write. We were never good together. You never pleased me, you were barely something to do.

I feel lighter already!!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 14:35

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Polly that was great. It sounds like letting go of a dysfunctional relationship. I guess, that really is what it is.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 22:57

Stats: 315.5/315.5/170 Female 5ft6
BF:Got It

I love these so much!!! And it felt great!