Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 12:04
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%
Default PHASE I- REDUX!

Ok guys, I don't venture onto the main forum often, but I need your help!!
I am struggling and I need a kick up the rear to get me back on plan. I have recently gone off plan for a few days eating things which I should never have eaten - and it made me feel terrible, I felt like I had the flu. Most of my food choices were the best out of a bad bunch. but I know I need to buckle down and go right for phase 1 again to get these terrible cravings out of my system.

I am stupid for eating the things I did, and stressed out of my head right now.

Please boot me up the bottom guys, I really need the encouragement...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 12:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276/249/125 Female 5'4"
BF:of course
Progress: 18%

Aw Hazel, we all slip up here and there. It's like Confucious said the important thing is ya get back up. You've learned your lesson, now get back up on that wagon and hold on. It's a new day.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 13:10
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile

Did you start Phase I today? I'll start with you. I have had a difficult time too this semester and especially the last 2.5 weeks. We could go into Phase I together. I haven't been to your journal, but I know that when I journal my foods, I do so much better. I'd love a buddy to keep my accountable and vise versa. Will this help?

Another thing I am going to do today is reread The South Beach Diet and review the recipes in the book. You grab your book and I'll grab my book, and we'll start reading together.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 14:41

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hey Hazel..don't be too hard on yourself. This is a tricky time of year. Join Plum and ME and I'll go back to phase 1 with you. I too have been slipping, and I need NO more excuses. There's power in numbers..so let's go!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 15:52
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

ohhhhhhhh...I like this thread!! starting phase I before Christmas is here!! way to go ladies!! You can do it!!

Don't throw away all the work that you've already put into this by going off unchecked. Keep yourselves accountable by doing whatever you need to do to get the job done.

I did it by committing to logging my food each and every day....and I have. Whatever it is that works for you, if you give yourself a promise and then keep it, you are sending a powerful message to yourself that you are not messing around...that you mean business....its that beast that lives within that needs taming...you know the one that tells us it totally OK to eat all the carbage!!

ITS NOT OK!! we break out in fat when eat that crap!! Tell that beast to shut its piehole!! you have work to do.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 16:19
From Flab to Fab!

Ok girls, let's DO this thing!!! I am so glad I'm not on my own with it, to be honest I hoped someone else (or a number of people) would want to re-start phase 1 so Iwouldn't have to do it on my own!
Great news, thanks girls - you da best
Maybe we should visit eachother regularly to give eachother some serious talking to!! lol
xx
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 07:10

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Just came by to check you girls.
Hope you are sticking to your plan.

Its always to fun to have friends help you out.

Keep it up you all are doing great
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 08:51

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just in time for the Thread
I got this in my Mailbox this morning from the South Beach Website Newsletter

Starting The South Beach Diet at Holiday Time

If you're thinking of starting The South Beach Diet™ during the holidays, here's some advice you won't want to miss. According to Dr. Arthur Agatston, preventive cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet™, the holiday season — with its endless parties and goodies — is a challenging time to try to change the way you eat... but it's not impossible! If you're determined to start your journey toward a healthy lifestyle now, Dr. Agatston recommends starting in Phase 2 and going back to Phase 1 after New Year's.

For the next couple of weeks, you will be surrounded by temptations in the form of highly processed carbs, like sugary cookies, buttercream cakes, and other holiday treats, says Dr. Agatston. "By starting The South Beach Diet™ in Phase 2, you can allow yourself occasional indulgences, as well as a glass or two of wine (or another South Beach Diet™-approved cocktail). Then, once the New Year comes, you can start following Phase 1 of The South Beach Diet™ lifestyle to kick your cravings, jump-start your weight loss, and boost your health for life."
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 09:32
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Starting The South Beach Diet at Holiday Time

If you're thinking of starting The South Beach Diet™ during the holidays, here's some advice you won't want to miss. According to Dr. Arthur Agatston, preventive cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet™, the holiday season — with its endless parties and goodies — is a challenging time to try to change the way you eat... but it's not impossible! If you're determined to start your journey toward a healthy lifestyle now, Dr. Agatston recommends starting in Phase 2 and going back to Phase 1 after New Year's.

For the next couple of weeks, you will be surrounded by temptations in the form of highly processed carbs, like sugary cookies, buttercream cakes, and other holiday treats, says Dr. Agatston. "By starting The South Beach Diet™ in Phase 2, you can allow yourself occasional indulgences, as well as a glass or two of wine (or another South Beach Diet™-approved cocktail). Then, once the New Year comes, you can start following Phase 1 of The South Beach Diet™ lifestyle to kick your cravings, jump-start your weight loss, and boost your health for life."

Please keep in mind that he is talking to beginners....you guys already know the plan and dropping back to phase I isn't such a challenge for you now. Well....it shouldn't be anyway!!

So if you decide to do phase I or II......you can make rules for yourself to get through the season without doing damage. Here are some rules that I use on myself at different times:
1- fruit only-no grains
2- no flour at all...not even whole grain stuff and definitely no low carb flour stuff!!
3- if it has to be a starch, it can be a starchy veggie like butternut squash...
it does not have to be potato, corn or rice.
4- eat out as little as possible.

Hope this helps!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 12:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 319/195/175 Female 177
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hey Fox
You know I'm permanently on Phase 1 anyway. Come on girl - who needs that carb crap in their system?
Get back to it and let's have a week of clean eating before Christmas starts.... Damage limitation all the way, honey!
xxx
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 02:34
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

And we can let go of grains and fruits for two weeks, can't we?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 09:44
From Flab to Fab!

Let's take this to the SB thread, it's easier to keep track on peoples posts in there. I hope you girls are all being good with your food and drinking your water, let's hope the new year brings loads of good motivation and lots of losses!!
Atkinsers are welcome to come join in on our discussion about getting back on track in the SB thread too.
Everyone's welcome!
xx
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 08:55
Attitude is a Choice

I hope that this does not get lost in the Babes thread!! Between the weighins and other chat, this could get lost!!

I wish you all the very best in this!! I know that you all can do it!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-05, 09:50

Plan: South Beach (restart)
Stats: 330/267.5/190 Female 65"
BF:47.5%
Progress: 45%

Hazel, I'm IN!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-05, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
Ok girls, let's DO this thing!!! I am so glad I'm not on my own with it, to be honest.

Have been preparing for this, and now I'm ready.
Count me in.