Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 20:09

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Congratulations MisterE! After wearing those baggy clothes, isn't it great to put on something that fits? Makes you feel like a new man, I'm sure!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 21:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%

Oh Mr. E!

What a wonderful story and a wonderful gift! I was smiling all the way through - it absolutely made my night! You have an amazing wife- and she has an amazing guy! Tina
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 23:32

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%

Thank you for a perfect ending to my day. Congratulations and I bet you looked and felt like a million bucks today.

---Cathy
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 05:31

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Wooo Weee... that is so great, MisterE! What a terrific feelling to get into a smaller size. That is when people started noticing that I had lost weight, when I finally started wearing some clothes that fit me, instead of my old baggy skirts with safety pins hidden at the waist. It took a good 60lbs though

Way to go and getting sooo close to the 3's
Have a great day,
Tracy
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:05
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

OK, Folx! Here is the kicker to the story!

Went in this AM to put on pair number 2 of new old pants. Did they slip on? Like me on an ice flow. BUT now ask if they fit? Not a prayer! These pants, 7 inches smaller around the waist (men's pants are sized in the US by waist/length in inches not by a "size"), than those I had worn for years have a good 4 inches in waist left over! And we are being serious here. I cannot wear them without a belt. I have no belt...figure my wife will begin taking in clothes this weekend.
I pulled out the old measuring tape and I have lost almost 11 inches around the waist from my 1st measurements. Not bad for a no diet diet.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:30

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

That's awesome MisterE! Keep up the great work!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 14:22

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

ALL Right MisterE!!!!!!!!!!! Another present!!!!! You go GUY!!!!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 18:16

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

congrats MisterE,
keep checking that closet. I whizzed right by most of my old clothes thinking they were too small. When I finally thought they would fit they were too big and went to goodwill. I refuse to keep old fat clothes. If I ever gain it back it will cost me money! That in and of itself should be enough of a deterent for this tight wad.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 18:35
Registered Member

Stats: 242.0/238/105 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Mr. E you are the greatest. You have the best sense of humor. I always look forward to your posts or replys. Congratulations on the new duds. I agree with one of the above posts.....your wife is a keeper. It is amazing what is hiding in our closets. I hope the Easter Bunny did bring you some new shirts. My husband started the LC ing with me and he went from a 46 waist to a 36, but I think the 36 pants in his closet probably would have bellbottoms a mile wide. HA!!
You will make the 333's by Christmas!!
MKay
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 01:26
Registered Member

Stats: 380/326/223 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Mr. E.

I found it rather amusing when I read this post today, as I went through my closet frantically searching for pants that would fit me just this morning. Luckily I found two pairs that fit great! It's terrible having to wear suits to work, as I'm swimming in all my suits now, and there's only so much you can get them taken in. It's costing me money, but it's well worth the investment. Of course, it doesn't hurt when you show up in clothes that fit, and everyone comments on how great you're looking.

Keep up the great work!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:09
Registered Member

Stats: 214/190/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

What a nice treat. Way to go!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:41

Plan: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
Stats: 269.5/260/135 Female 5'5"
BF:99.9%
Progress: 7%

That is wonderful MrE!!! Keep up the work.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:42
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congratulations Mister E!!! I'm so happy for you.

--Ruth
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:36
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

Way to go!

And T - 5
and counting!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 05:29
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

OK...bad news occasionally follows good news and this is good bad news which follows Thursday except on a leap year or months that end in a Q!

I get up between 4 and 4:30AM every day of the year. Body clock thing and we do not even own an alarm clock. I have to be at work by 6. I have a 45 minute drive to get there so my early AM time is spent in the shower (brrr), eating my breakfast number one like a good hobbit, and confronting my 539th vice: my AM cuppa.

Anyway, I had been putting all my old pants in the dirty clothes hamper and getting BRAND NEW old pants out of the closet that had been too small for me to wear when I received them as gifts from family. Yesterday I got the pants I planned on wearing out of the closet and took off the tags (except for that stupid 4 " clear one with the black writing that gives waist size about a dozen times down it...I did not find THAT ONE til about 3 in the afternoon and it was dead square on my backside. Lord knows what the folx walking behind me thought it was on my tan pants as I went to the cafeteria for lunch!)...

Anyway, they were way too big! Good news. But wearable...meaning they did not fall off when I put them on. Of course, thru the day clothes get stretched a tad by body movement and coming back from the break room with hot coffee in one hand and juggling 3 video tapes in the other...voila! Instant NO PANTS. Damned things were down around my ankles. In a major hallway. In a major facility! One that is rumored to have security cameras capable of seeing every hallway.

MAYBE nobody saw me...but wild guess is the secretary who smiled at me the rest of the day knew I was wearing wine-colored undies!

Now...I need to find a belt. Due to a hernia and my weight, I have not worn one in years. My wife is taking 4" out of my NEW old pants. All of them. My old old pants are too big to take up; she tried and the side pockets about met in the rear. I am down 11+ inches in the waist. And too damned cheap to buy new pants when I have new old ones that have never been worn!

My next set of pants in the closet which I have plenty of is 4 inches less in the waist than where I am now. Give me another 30 pounds and I will begin to fit my "nice" clothes. The fact that they have not been in style for 5 years, not withstanding! With a pants size every 2 to 3 weeks going down, I am too frugal to follow fashion.

My current fashion statement: anything that will stay up!

Last edited by MisterE : Sat, Nov-22-03 at 05:36.