Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 03:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 229/206/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default wondering if CKD is right for me?

Hi all,

I am now on day 15 of the Atkins plan and just finishing up induction. So far I have lost 11 lbs ( at least I think so, maybe 8, I am guilty not weighing myself in the same clothing ) and I have a couple of questions I will pose in point form if anyone has any suggestions:

1. Is 11 lbs ( or 8 lbs ) a decent number for having been through induction and followed it pretty much exactly ?

2. Is there any benefit to prolonging induction or should I move to the next phase of the Atkins plan right away?

3. I have done 3 things that may be questionable with respect to induction and wonder if doing anything different might help:
a) I still have been drinking caffinated coffee every morning.....

b) I have been eating bacon a couple times a week and notice that some posts have mentioned that the sugar content may be a problem
c) I have been taking some vitamins, just vitamin c, b complex and lecithin, and glucosamine sulphate...........any conflicts or problems while in induction ?

I have also been reading a lot of Trainerdan's posts and am interested in the CKD plan and if it is right for me. In the last 5 days I have started my everyday cardio routine and I'm wondering if CKD would be something that could help me along ? Along with the cardio, I have also started taking a supplement called Hydrolean which is a Fat burner pretty much identical to the Hydroxycut with ephedra.

I have done this type of a plan before ( Atkins ) with the fat burner and upping my cardio/ weight training with some good results........but I got busy and went back to school and starting eating crap for way too long.

If I'm going to be doing cardio and weight training anyways would this CKD plan move things along quicker, or just yeild more muscle retention ?

Thanks for reading my post and any suggestions are appreciated !
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 07:59

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

As far as your 5 questions about Atkins I dont know if you will get many answers here as this forum is just for TKD or CKD diets.

It seems to me that a CKD is not the best option right now, in my opinion it is best for experienced weightlifters as well as people who are already fairly lean, in men less then 15 percent bodyfat. The workout routine is very intense and requires you to train in a very specific way.

Try doing a search here for information on the TKD as I think it might suit you better. This is basically an atkins type plan with specific carbs taken in around cardio or weight training...it might fit perfectly for you.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 229/206/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Smile Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the info KC ! Is there a thread that covers TKD ?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:13

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Just do a search on TKD...it will respond with a few threads.