Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 12:41

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default ACV for tickly cough

Just by chance, I happened to end up opening my bottle of French ACV to make a cough remedy. 2tbsp water, 1tbsp ACV, 1 tbsp raw honey (I have a neighbour who keeps bees and he keeps us in honey), 1/4 tsp. ground ginger and 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

It actually worked! And I think it does help with weight loss in some way, which is probably due to the enzymes in the ACV and the honey.

Having looked for more info in the meantime, ACV is high in enzymes and this is where it probably helps with weight loss, because your body can deal with the food you eat better. It may also help with reducing various kind of stresses on your body, because your body doesn't have to work so hard when it digests food.

I think it's OK, too!

amanda
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 13:22

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

I used ACV to completely cure my acid reflux after having been on Protonix for months. It took about 30 days. My mixture was 2 c. ACV 1/2 c. honey and distilled water. After mixing the ACV and honey in a quart container, finish filling the container with the distilled water. Shake to mix. I took a tbsp. or 2 twice a day
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 15:00

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I'm glad to hear ACV is working for everyone... One thing is for sure, it costs much less than the pharmaceuticals....and much fewer side effects!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-30-08, 20:11

Plan: Meat and Veggies
Stats: 277/259.9/190 Male 185
BF:
Progress: 20%

Interesting stuff. I might add this to my diet since it doesn't add up to much in terms of carbs. I won't add any honey though.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-31-08, 03:35

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBuffalo
Interesting stuff. I might add this to my diet since it doesn't add up to much in terms of carbs. I won't add any honey though.

You may want to seriously consider the honey, actually, despite the carbiness of said product. I had run out of my ACV + honey cough mixture and just drank some with water and very little honey yesterday and it really burnt my throat. I had to wash it down with a half tsp. of honey to take the burn away. If you can get raw honey, it does have a lot of good enzymes, which are also good for digestion, and it would make the ACV easier to take.

amanda
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 22:37

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Yes the honey might make it easier to go down, but I just put two tablespoons in a cup of water and that dilutes it terrifically for me.... It definitely helps me with my appetite and some of my permenstrual problems as well...