Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default jello dessert

just thought I'd let someone know about a jello dessert I've been having . I know we shouldnt have to much aspartame but, its one package sugarfree jello, 3/4 cup hot water, dissolve. Add1/2 cold water, 1/2 ice and melt ice. then add one tub cool whip and let it set up. after about an hour it has a mousse type consistancy. I really was a yogurt fan and this fits the bill, just want to be careful not to have to much the whole tub lasts me at least a week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/184/145
BF:36%
Progress: 0%

Hey, I just thought i would let you know of a great sugar free jello that doesnt contain aspartame, I actually read about it on this site. I honestly cant stop eating it along with cool whip, so I wont make it for a while because i dont think its allowed on induction and I am only on day 4. I feel really guilty because I know I exceeded my carb limit from eating the cool whip, but if your not on induction than its perfect and really yummy and doesnt contain aspartame....here it is

2 packets of Knox Gelatine
1 packet Koolaid mix (unsweetened & u pick the flavor)
8-10 packets of Splenda

then you simply just make it like regular jello, add 2 cups boiling water and dislove the powders, then add 2 cups of cold water or ice!! I never thought of mixing it with cool whip, i always just topped it with cool whip, i will definitly give that a try once I am off Induction!! I hope this helps!! Enjoy......Carrie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:05
Registered Member

BF:

hi carebear, just wanted to say hi and thanks I will try the knox, good luck on your adventure!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:16
Registered Member

BF:

carrie, I just noticed something very cool! you are stationed in germany? For how long? Are you from the states? Just had to ask! see you later thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 19:52

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%

Thanks so much for this recipe. I was getting sick of the SF Jello in strawberry.

Want to make something different and it will be cheaper than buying it already made.