Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#631   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-23, 05:28

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

A bit warmer this morning. I'm glad since I'm meeting some friends at the golf course at 10. I really have to try not to be too frustrated as I'm sure my game will not be very good. Doesn't matter, I just need to be outside.

I got up at 3:15 this morning. I was awake and ready to get up and had no idea what time it was till I rolled out. Oh well. I'm doing laundry and puttering around and will no doubt be ready for a nap when it's time for me to head to the course.

Nic.....Sorry for what your DH is going thru. I sure know the feeling. Like you, I'm trying to listen and not get upset with him. He has to feel his feelings.

Jaz....Another long day at work for you. Count down the days!

Trig.....

Just going to chill a bit. My cleaning lady comes today, so I have to pick up some stuff to get it out of her way. Recycling that has to go out to the bins etc. Usually I remind DH to take it out, but he has too much on his mind right now.

Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #632   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-23, 15:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Great Posts ladies!

Lori- Sounds like all is now and finally humming along! Things have fallen into place. I'm glad Betty had a great birthday! You and hubby can now take a big breath and think about YOUR NEXT!

Aldie's is the best for sure!

Nic- - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my air fryer too! I have salmon in there right now!

Sorry to hear your FIL is not doing well! I know that is such a stressor for sure!!!!!!!! Especially while trying to work, ect, ect, it's alot. How good of you to offer your ear! LOVE FOR SURE

It hubby going to be able to join you this trip? It sounds like you are keeping busy!!!!!! Making friends!

Trig
- I sure enjoyed reading about your WOE! You are SO right about not having to do this again. I am with ya on that for sure! Once I get to where I want to be NEVER again. I just don't have the energy at this age to lose a gain back. NOT HAPPENING.

I am excited about the MIL property and to see what gives with that! That will add a few dimes to her pot!
-------------------------------------------------------------

I started this post this morning and finishing it now it is after work. I tell you time is not on my side any which way.

I am required to bring "something" for a pot luck for the SW lunch appreciation tomorrow. So I am looking and looking and looking in the store for what to bring. It has to be easy to carry as I park and take the bus. Affordable and feed alot.
Pasta salad!

It cost 2 buck for the pasta, 1.99 for the dressing and I have 2 bags of veggies in my freezer I haven't touched. BINGO. 4 bucks and good to go. Last time I got stuck with a 20$$$ meat tray- ummmmmm NOT.

No wonder people without means are struggling to eat healthy. Cheap food with nothing but carbs, and starch, and junk. Yup- I'm bringing it. Cleared out two bags of veggies.
Southern people love their pasta salad!

For me I am taking in salmon and will have that before the "party". I will mingle and not eat.

That is it from here-

PS my son got a new Remote job he accepted today. He is looking to move down here in the summer! All good!

Later!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Mar-22-23 at 16:26.
  #633   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-23, 03:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Rained and rained here yesterday! Going to be a sunny and beautiful day. I did NOT have to turn on the heat last night!

My son is excited and anxious about his new job. He has been in the same boring high paying gov. job since he graduated collage. He has worked his way to a pension and will now take a state position that pay slightly less to have the ability to work 100% remote, and a state pension to boot!
2 pensions, SSI, and his 401 which he has been tossing $$ since he started working at the max amount. He is doing it right, unlike his momma. Lololol......yeah.............

I have been feeling the stress of this job highly the last few days and can tell it is time for me to fly! 2/13 and counting. Granted my next will most likely be the same- maybe an upgraded model of the same job! Just time. I see the appeal of 13 weeks only.

I was browsing the job boards yesterday.

I am still loving your answer Trig regarding your WOE. Would it be nice to be that size 8 again, OH YEAH- would I be happy in a 10? yup. I think you are smart to get to a point you are comfortable in your skin regardless of the size of jean.
I am not there YET! YET! .............

Hi ya Nic/ Lori! Waiting for you sleepy heads to wake up! I am up way to early. Hense I am in bed by 9-930 to get up at 5.

Today is the potluck- bringing in the pasta and eating my salmon or chicken. Whichever I grab first.

Not much else moving and shaking here. Oh wait, there is one more thing.

My bestie from St. Simon/Mass. My artist friend, was down in St. Simon as she does every year for vacay for 3 months. Her tonsil became highly inflamed, and she went to an urgent care down there.
Remember I always said I would never live there due to lack of medical services there? Well, they said she had a simple sore throat and it would go away. She waited 2 days packed the car and drove back home to Mass. She has throat cancer. She is slated for surgery in a few days. They drained it and said it looked "grim", so they are taking it out but waiting for the patho report and they are likely to go for her lymph nodes as well.

They said it was likely from HPV. She has never smoked or lived in a smoking home. I am pretty devastated for her. I am hopeful that it is contained, and her chances are 90%- if it has spread, she is going to battle it. Just waiting with her to hear the results. DAM and DAM!

One day at a time. Love the fact we are healthy TODAY! I tell ya, and she is a healthy person, slim and fit person!

On that positive note! I need to get dressed and head to the hospital. My case load is a mess right now and it is what it is. At least this is not the weekend I work!

Have a good one...... waiting for the sun to come up!
  #634   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-23, 04:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby tried to get me up at 3:45, but she wouldn't go out and went and hid, so I went back to bed. She let me rest another 1.5 hours and then wanted breakfast. Sigh....it's ok. I can take a nap later. It's raining and ugly out.

I had a good time on the golf course yesterday. Game was ok...was not unhappy with how I was hitting the ball. Nice to be out with friends. It was sunny and nice for a few hours and then it clouded up and the wind started blowing....of course it did. The last 4 holes were a bit chilly and the jackets came back out of the cart. It was nice to get down to just a long sleeved shirt for a bit. We probably won't play for a week or more the way the weather looks. Sunday looks good, but we're going to have a good bit of rain on Saturday which will make the course too soggy.

----------

Jaz.....I am so sorry about your friend. Throat cancer...how horrible. I'm glad she went back to MA to get good medical treatment. Life sure isn't fair, is it?

Happy for your son! It sounds like his retirement will be secure. Where is he looking to move to? I know you said he was going to come south.

Trig....So DD wants to fly "across the pond" to watch a soccer game? Does she have a passport? It would be fun, but lots of details for Mama to work out!

Nic....Hope details are being worked out for DH's Dad. Can't imagine the stress he is under with all that plus keeping up with his intense job.

How are the painters doing at the house? Hope you have a few days of peace & quiet before you head back to MD.

---------

I'm not planning to do much today. I hope DH gives himself a break too. He's been working like a dog clearing stuff out at Betty's house. Yesterday he and 2 friends who are helping him took 2 trailer loads to the landfill. Just "crap" from the carriage house(garage). I keep telling him that the place we hired will do it, but he's trying to reduce what they have to do and what they'll end up charging us. I say "whatever".

Betty is doing ok....starting to complain about the food. She and her friend filled out a menu of things she wants, but she says she doesn't get anything she orders? She's not a complainer, but she had dietary in there yesterday filling out menus. We'll see how that all shakes out. There are some things that she really enjoys, but some things she just won't eat. They brought her lasagna last night and she won't eat that and said she never would order it. They brought her a cheese sandwich and some pie or something and DH said she ate most of that. I didn't go to see her yesterday as I was pooped from golf and just didn't get home till after 3. We usually go up around 4-5 to see her and then come home and I make our dinner.

That's it from here. Rainy, lazy day.
  #635   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-23, 08:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Prioritizing not just reading today and so y'all are first on my to-do docket!

Jaz!! That is such great news about your son getting a new remote job and moving somewhere south! Is he going to have an expectation that you're going to stay nearby or is he understanding that you're probably going to be popping in here and there from different places. Although, I guess he'll be close to his sister and his niece and nephew, and that will be fun for all of them!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend having throat cancer. My son-in-law's mom had that. It definitely wasn't fun. Going through the treatment and so forth but she is doing well. I hope that your friend has a similar experience.

Trig – in the whole scheme of things I agree it's just about being comfortable in your skin and feeling good and healthy in your body. The number and even the clothing size doesn't matter as much. That's one of the best things in my opinion about getting older as a woman. I just learned what I want to care about and try to leave the rest behind.

I hope some of your congestion is clearing up and your allergies aren't too bad. At least your warm weather should be on its way soon!

You know, I got to say I nearly fell out when you said you were going to let your daughter go to Manchester soccer in England! Good for you, mama! I'm so curious if she learned a little bit about soccer from watching Ted Lasso?

Lori, I'm so glad you had fun on the golf course and you even got to take your jackets off for a good long time. It's getting to be your favorite time of year- golf season!

•••••••••

Things are going along fine here. It's a nice day today here in Delaware – it's supposed to be about 67 and cloudy. It is supposed to get windy as the day goes on so I might go hit the porch in a little while. It is really nice to hear the birds singing every morning when I'm walking the dog. Winter is finally taking its leave!

DH's dad is doing better overall. I don't know if mentally he's going to get back to where he was but his danger of being sick enough to pass seems to have gone by the wayside. I tell you what it is absolutely a roller coaster and I expect it will be for quite some time to come with he and I both having a number of 80-something year olds in our lives.

DS24 and DIL are in Ann Arbor visiting University of Michigan law school this weekend. They have decided on UVA but had already paid for the trip so they're taking a weekend away and no doubt they'll have fun. Ann Arbor is a great college town!

Talked to DD yesterday. She is taking a round of Clomid, I believe, and I think they are also going to do an IUI if things go well. I think that might be happening this weekend. Fingers crossed for them. She is also helping with the high school musical, which is Newsies, and that is happening this weekend. I might try to get back for the Sunday performance. The person who did all the drama performances at the high school is leaving after this year to retire. She worked with all three of my kids throughout their high school years doing drama and musicals and so I would like to send her off and wish her well.

Food wise things are going well and in general things are going well. I have about 10% left in my book club book and so I am going to finish that today and then do some other things I want to work on. Bella has a bath at 2 o'clock and so I'll stop at the grocery store as well. It's a beautiful day for a walk but I think I'm about to go sit on the porch for a while!
  #636   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 02:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Why oh why did I wake up before 3 o'clock? Can't blame the cat....she only got up because she knew I was awake. I think DH was awake too....tossing and turning. We wake up and start thinking about everything....that is a sleep killer.

Heard from the auction/clean out company. Looks like we'll be a go as soon as we get the contract signed and choose the date. Betty wasn't very good last night when we visited. Labored breathing and it seemed an effort for her to talk. Day by day. Today I'm meeting with our financial guy to decide what to do with her money. We have to keep more liquid as the nursing home expenses are $$$$.

DH's brother may be coming today. He said he'd let us know, but we didn't hear from him yesterday. Who knows? One thing I know is that I'm not cooking tonight. Whether it's just me & DH or BIL too....we're going out.

Be back later to check on you all!
  #637   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 04:15

BF:

TGIF TGIF TGIF!

Great posts ya'll!

Lori- I am happy to hear you are on the course= Spring/Summer has arrived. It hit 79 here yesterday!

It is Day by Day with Betty. However, she is cared for and if it comes her time, she will be cared for through that and not alone. I am so glad she is where she is and that monkey of a house if off your back!
Now it is just going through the motions of getting the house squared up and handing over keys.

You also might want to consider that post Trig wrote to you a minute back about dropping her funds into your account if you are the beneficiary and executor of her account anyway, and then just pay her bills as they come. Collect when she would have left you now- and stick it in YOUR account. That way there is ZERO tax, and her money is protected as long as she needs it. Great advice.

Yup- enjoy your day out!

Nic- - It sounds like your kids are really all doing well. Did your poor son recover from his food poisoning? I am sure we have all been hit with that once or twice in our life!

Fingers and toes crossed for DD and SIL for their........ well, we all know! Hoping it goes well! It will happen when it should!
Fun times!

Speaking of.......- very cool the DS24 and wife are hitting up MI for a fun week! Did you say VA was 100% paid for? Totally cool if so! I am still considering there as my NEXT. I am also looking at Charlotte NC as well. Both are advertising right now.

TRig-
Saving you for after work- as per usual I am outta time!
  #638   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 05:12

BF:

If only we could drop the $$$ into our account, but the government is not going to miss out on inheritance tax. I think the "gift" limit is like $10,000. We will be paying a high inheritance tax rate because DH is a cousin.....not considered a close relative like a spouse or child. Makes me sick to think about how much we'll be paying in inheritance taxes. Of course, if she uses all her money that will be a moot point! She may outlive both of us at this rate! She's a tough lady.
  #639   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 05:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori if your DH is on her acct NOW then there is no inheritance tax. If Betty passes then the money is DHs now so that point is mute. But we set all of our parents accts up for just that too.
No one has to pay literally if it is set up right LOL but again, being a 'cousin' not sure on what control etc you guys do have in place so it is a legal point to be checked if ya can. You can have a bank notary come to the rehab for Betty to sign DH on the acct and all that if needed....yea you don't have to give the govt a damn dime of it in full truth.

that 10k is old...it is now like $17k gift and all. See even on that property we will sell as 'now commercial' we will get a 'new appraisal' as commercial land therefore reducing any tax on it by like 100s of thousands of dollars. Govt ain't getting as much as they think cause we got the lawyer and tax guy taking care of that

Sorry you are up so early but it sounds like the clean out crew will help you guys tons. Just hold on.....it is all wild and crazy for a while but in the end it all balances out for sure.

Jaz, enjoy work, heehee, hope your day goes well.

Nicco, fingers crossed big time for DD!!
you got such an active life thru all your kids, so much A'doin' around ya!! It hit for you guys, the 'elders' are now 'in demand' mode and yea it will become tougher but you guys see the writing on the wall, get ready for it all best ya can.

------------quicky post. seems like nice day. more 'summery' finally with no damn rain LOL
got a ribeye steak and chicken today. simple.
doing some outside stuff I want to focus. darn weeds are hitting front of house, gonna handle that. I hate weedy....and I got tons and tons of weedy always around me from the barn areas to the fencing areas to the pool area I 'try' to combat constantly LOL but the one place I need weed free mostly is the front of the house... ugh

New coastal home in future, gonna pour a 6/8 ft concrete pad around it. NO weeds near it....oh yea.....believe me my 'future maintenance' of home is way diff. than this one HA

So kiddo wants Manchester City Football Club jersey for Bday. $125 custom. OK, bleck. So we are sitting here ordering how she wants it and jumps up and is screaming bloody murder, took like 5 yrs off my life----ALL cause there was a tiny azz bug on her jacket sleeve. She is circling under the ceiling fan light saying get it off, get this big bug off and I don't see it and then she says it is on the floor.....omg guys, the tiniest damn little black silver bug on the floor....and literally she took yrs off my life from this HAHA Shoot me, my morning started with hysterics and fear and an expensive shirt to boot LOL I can't take it LOL

off to get moving.....be good all
  #640   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 08:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

AAAAAAhaahahaha TRIG how is she even your daughter? lol That made me laugh out loud. My daughter went through this stage where she acted like a girly girl about bugs out of the BLUE and I was like YOU CUT THAT SH!T RIGHT NOW. lol I mean a real fear is one thing and maybe your DD has it, but I felt like my DD was trying it on for size and I was like HELL NO lol

Interesting thought on the concrete pad around your house. I like the no maintenance idea of it but I think I would also hate that FOR ME. My DD and SoIL are considering growing a clover area around their soon-to-be townhouse. It basically makes a thick clover carpet that is low maintenance. I'm curious how it works for them, if they do that.

Lori OMG 3 AM! Bless your heart. I hope you can take a nap or rest or something!

Enjoy your dinner out, wherever it is you go!

Jaz- No, not full ride. He got something like 75% off tuition. His remaining 529 should more or less cover the rest of the tuition costs. DIL will be working so they will have her salary for an apartment etc. Plus they have built up some good savings as well.

Michigan is just for the weekend and so far it seems he is not swayed although he said the campus is utterly gorgeous.

•••••

Off on my book club field trip today. 7 or 8 of us going to Lewes to the Brush Factory to do some browsing (I've never been, I guess it is a collection of shops?) and lunch. I think we are supposed to be gone most of the day so I am 80% looking forward to it and 20% dreading the length of the day with people. lol It will be fine!

Not much else going on. DH and I had a drink and sat on the back porch yesterday chatting for like an hour and a half. That was nice. First porch sitting of 2023!

Have a great day!
  #641   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 09:50

Plan: IF+HP+Cycling+Stillman
Stats: 148/147/130 Female 5’6”
BF:29%/27%/20%-25%
Progress: 6%

Hi Ladies. Lurker here.

Just wanted to pipe in to say that the 2023 Estate Tax exemption (inheritance tax exemption) is almost $13,000,000 (13 million $). https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...oyed/estate-tax (I know the link references self employment, but it is valid for all.)

The gift tax limit is a yearly limit on how much you can gift without having to file a form telling the IRS about the gift. If you gift more than the yearly limit to someone, the excess gift is deducted from your Estate Tax exemption when you are gone. So if you have $15,000,000 and gift someone $10,000,000, and still have $4,000,000 when you are gone, your estate (inheritance) tax would be based on the $4,000,000 - ( roughly $13,000,000 - $10,000,000 excess gift), leaving $1,000,000 that is taxable, and $3,000,000 that is exempt from tax.

So you can’t give away your estate to avoid estate tax, but the exemption is huge (for now).

Hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Of course, this is all subject to change by government whimsy, but it doesn’t typically change once the # is published for the year.

ETA: Some states also collect Estate Tax under different rules. The ones I am familiar with still use the Federal exemption. All of this is US info.

Last edited by NHSB : Fri, Mar-24-23 at 10:00. Reason: see ETA:
  #642   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-23, 03:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Nothing like a good night's sleep! I went to bed before 9 and took 1 AdvilPM...out like a light and slept SO well. I don't like to take the tablets too often, but they usually work like a charm.

DH seemed like he was feeling a bit better yesterday. I've been telling him to stop killing himself trying to get "junk" out of Betty's house as we are paying the auction company to clear it out. He thought it was saving us some $$ for him to do as much as he could, but we're paying a flat contract price. He finally gets it.....sigh.

It's raining today and I'm not doing much. I think I'll go to the grocery store and figure out what to cook next week. I have to start concentrating on protein and get off carby stuff. Those Acai bowls from Aldi are so good, but the fructose is not doing me any favors, I'm sure. I'm going to look up the beef, butter & egg fast and give that a good go next week. I need to get back on track. I have lots of tenderloin steaks in the freezer from when I bought that whole tenderloin and cut it myself...OMG...so good. I'll also buy some grassfed ground beef to have on hand.

What are you all up to today?
  #643   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-23, 05:20

BF:

NHSB, thanks for some info on the estate tax issue.
One thing, a good tax acct. is key to life for me always will be....having someone who understands the hoops/laws one jumps thru to navigate and be only a positive to our wallet is a service worth employing

Lori, glad DH gets it LOL Our '1800junkguy' was not 'antique' type sales. Junk paid by the truckload so the more we took out and got rid of the more money saved but in the end, that little bit of money saved to do that work wasn't worth it....nothing wrong with spending a dollar when to your benefit. I guess your 'estate sale place' under a price sells off the good furniture and more and then disposes of all other junk to landfill too. Nice to have them handle it all!

we got big lightening right now and thunder with some big rain drops. supposed to blow thru fast and be gone later with maybe a decent bit of day for us to use later.

I want your tenderloin, yum. Something I certainly could eat every single day, no doubt on that one!

Nicco, yea I hate clover except out in the pasture for livestock to eat LOL Clover means one thing to me, high bees for the flowers so ya truly gotta keep it mowed down, but is there a flowerless clover maybe to 'use as grass' I have no idea on that one. I also always hated mowing over bees and more on the clover areas of our land we mowed. I would stop the mower if I saw them ahead of me to let them get away before I suishi'd them LOL Also clover doesn't 'matt' thick like, it is weedy type individual plants which can be smushed and trampled easily and ruined fast kinda, not like landscape grass that locks in as a tight matting situation but I wonder, is 'the new clover' being processed to be a better type of lawn landscape...could be for sure.

First porch sitting of 2023! Love it and more to come!!

Jazz you put down a dot right? You working this Sat or are ya off this one? I will wait to see ya type and find out later I guess, can't keep up with your work schedule but nice thing is, time is limited, what is it, like 8-9? left now out of 13. yea will go faster than we think, time sure rolls on by.

---------------so storm out there. big flashes, big thunder, big azz raindrops but to move thru. Yea move on please! I need sun in my eyeballs today other than darn raindrops!

ribeye steak chicken and burgers today when wanted...simple day here.

got a tin roof flapping in the wind. tomorrow take ladder and get that nailed back down before it goes flying off for good, bleck....my barns, omgosh I am so over maintaining my 3 barns on the property and doing less maintenance now cause we don't wanna do it anymore, 30 yrs and they are needing some work....gosh we need to sell soon before it all goes to crap in a basket around here...ugh.

off to do a few things...see how the day goes.
  #644   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-23, 07:08

BF:

Morning ladies and "Lurker"

NHSB- Thanks for the info I actually wrote down that website and your example was good! I will be having this conversation with MY mother sooner than later at some point. I mean in all seriousness WHY SHOULD our family get taxed for a something that SHOULD be passed to Whomever we want?!?!?!?
My take on it is I could care a less about "how much" my mom or anybody wants to give me. OR ME passing to MY kids. I want them to have it not the frekin gov. to have what I have worked my butt off for to give to my kids- or whoever I choose. Ya- sticky point.

So ya - Lori- if you and hubby can get all that done now that the sale of the house rolls though you are GOLDEN! Good info.
You should drop in more often!

Lori-- Agree men can and do make things harder than it has to be at times. Glad he is taking some time off and you are getting some rest!
See above- great advice from Trig and Lurker- better now while you can!

I am now wanting a decent steak for dinner and shrimp! Yum and double yum!

I will join you on a reboot! I started today! BBBE- I am going to keep it simple!

Trig- OMG on your "girly girl"- I LOVE that NIC though she might be "trying in it for size! PRICELESS statement! Yeah- doesn't bode well from a farm girl!

I would have thought coming from your stock she would grab a pistol from the China closet- blew it away and kept right on ordering her shirt! THAT IS FUNNY! Is she going to be 18?!?!?!?!?!? OMG an ADULT!
Sorta- they really don't "blossom" till they hit college and start realizing that now they have THEIR life ahead of them! WE have watched her grow up- pretty awesome! Her Aunties from the "thread" wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am SO right with you on NO yard work for my next place.
I too am thinking SAND and a palm tree and shells all around the porch and done. I love the idea of retiring in a state with low cost of living, and a beach, and no state taxes. Why people go to Florida.

I do NOT want HOA fees though. I am thinking small beach hut walking distance to beach. I would love to be able to look at that next year and buy something outright- no mortgage. I have found that living in this 1 bed/1 bath suits me just fine. I could do smaller. I am not into heating and cooling for a large house. A 2b/2b would be nice for the kids- but heck, depends on the market in the next year or so.

I do know I never want to push a mower again. Been there done that. I just want a deck, beach, and view.

Nic- Your post CRACKED ME UP. Your DD trying on "girly" and you gave her the verbal smack down! LOLOLOLOLOL.
Speaking of DD, when do they get their town house? That is pretty exciting!

Do you get the pollen up there? I do wish I had a screened in porch. But the pollen here right now in Charleston and GA is obscene.
How is that foot lately. I have not heard you say anything about it. It must be good!

You said your WOE going well and clothes are fitting nicely- love it!
Your hubby coming this weekend?
-------------------------------------------------------------

NO WORK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! At least for the "man".
I have the usual stuff working people "save" for the weekend. Laundry, grocery shopping,................

Add a beach walk- must have. My time now is "on the clock and I am READY". I will miss the 10-minute ride to the beach of course. However, I have basically done everything I have set out to "do" here in Charleston.
I don't see Charleston in the same light as I used to. I see it as a working city and not a huge tourist trap. I live like a local. I go to hidden inlets, beaches, and do not eat out, rarely. I hit up free things to do and take the off beaten parks and sites.

We had 4 people "walk out" from our dept yesterday and then 2 people "called out so we that were there got the major dump. It will be like that until I leave. I don't see them hiring the replacements fast. They are reeling and it was a planned "exodus". Sorta shitty for those of us staying (for a minute). I am not staying for love or money at this point. Management is scrambling were in emergency meetings all afternoon.
Yesterday was the WORST and I will leave it at that.

Well one last thing- You just can't treat your employees, like crap, dump on them, give them no compensation for those that work, and expect people to stay. I guess this very thing happened last year too! What a dysfunctional facility. Yup- 11 weeks to go. I have already sorta mentally already checked out. I am coming in- doing my job and leaving. Nothing extra and nothing more. I have stopped as of yesterday going above and beyond. It goes unnoticed. Hense- the walk out. Enough of that.
Thoughts moving to NEXT! Excited about it actually.

My son was supposed to visit me in June the week after I was done- but now that he is starting a new job, then has been on hold. Good for him. But now he will be moving down here end of June- so it won't be such a big deal to see him.

He is also coming for an over night in 2 weeks on his way back from Destin.
Speaking of beaches. Pensacola is on my bucket list to see! They have a big medical center there and BEACHES!

Ok- going to hit up the store- back at ya later!

PS- rebooting WOE-
  #645   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-23, 04:31

BF:

me, first poster this time, wow LOL haven't been that in a while

Jazz, wow on the walk outs at work. It sounds like you need to just finish off and move on since the 'area location' you are not feeling it as a 'true settle' down area either.

Cool your son is working thru his work and doing ok on it all

Sounds like all you guys are finding new paths and doing well....love it.

Waiting on Lori and Nicco

------------so today is whatever. nothing big but me and hubby going down to the gray barn and nailing down that damn flapping roof tin...bleck.

gotta mow today. Get kiddo to mow my 2 big pasture areas, along fenceline and the 3/4 acre where we got the carport and still park some farm equip and I will mow front and back. Need to just 'get outside' in the air, but my allergies won't love it but I survive LOL

just easy stuff today. letting life just 'do' and see where it lands. Might be able to convince kiddo to hit mall to see if a few stores MIGHT have any prom dresses....doubt I will convince her to drive us there but I might try just to see. I gotta now put this under 'whatever' cause if she isn't engaging in caring about it at all...I gotta let it go now too...ugh...whatever I can see us last minute and ME having to come to the rescue hitting stores and more to find her something she will wear.....oh yea, I see that going down, like MOM can FIX it all at all times.....rude awakening finally coming for this kiddo HA

ok be good all
Closed Thread