Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 11:11

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Today was DH' s birthday outing and he picked York to do his book and DVD browsing, so I planned a walk from the Minster out to Clifton and Rawcliffe, then roughly paralleling the ring road clockwise towards Huntingdon and heading back towards the city and Monks Cross Park and Ride. As it was scorchio (32 C) I decided that 2 hours walking was plenty and caught the bus into the city from Rawcliffe Park and Ride. I spent the remaining 2 hours drifting slowly to our meeting place with rehydration stops.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 13:00

BF:

Some shopping in the rain; some rebounding.
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 08:27

BF:

Twice round the Village, once at 0800, once at 1500. More rebounding. I can now do sessions of 600 bounces. You definitely know when you've had enough for the day though - sometimes midway in the session.
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-16, 14:45

BF:

Main event today was a "granny walk" with B. on the shores of Ullswater. Her broken foot seems to be healing well, but I want to discourage her from trying too much too soon. Topped up at the shops and a bit of rebounding.
  #140   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-16, 06:28

BF:

An early morning shop and some rebounding, but the main event was walking those footpaths I explored last Saturday again, this time armed with a stick and some secateurs. If I walk them regularly and keep on top of the nettles, thistles, brambles and overhead branches it might encourage others to use them. It might turn into a little retirement project; looking after the paths in the parish.
  #141   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-16, 14:11

BF:

Walked with I. from her house to the next village and back, around 4 miles. A pleasant route along lanes and through woods and pastures with views of Ullswater and its hills a few miles away. She might lead her walking group along it. No cows today, but there may be at other times of year. Got back before the rain started.
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-16, 12:42

BF:

Monday; Carlisle.

I have just realised that since I began rebounding my back has not felt stiff when I get up in the morning, or in the night for the bathroom. I thought this was something I would have to live with at least for the rest of the year since being on the 10k steps a day challenge I am not getting any recovery days. Legs are better first thing too.
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-16, 12:29

BF:

I set out to walk round the village this morning but then felt I would like some views, so did one of my loops, about 4 miles. Rather grey, and kept stepping onto the verge to let tractors pass.
  #144   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 12:13

BF:

A midday walk around the Village but I sent down all the dead-end lanes on the route as well must for the extra steps.
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 07:27

BF:
Default 28/07/2016

A very wet start. Shopped in town in the morning but as I had a hospital appointment in the afternoon and did not want to get wet I did not do unnecessary steps. Got some by walking from the hospital to the supermarket car park. Still not enough so at about 8 pm I went for a stroll in the village.
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 15:39

BF:

Took B. to Aira Force; we just walked up to the waterfall and back, had coffee, then walked down to the pier on the lake. Beautiful day. Hopefully next week B. Will be cleared by the doc to do something more challenging. Nice stroll, not many steps, lots of supplementary steps on my drive and rebounding.
  #147   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 14:59

BF:

Going into town for the weekly paper and some recreational shopping got me most of the way today.
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-16, 08:58

BF:
Default 31/07/2016

The last of this year's walks around the district. Four more next year and some 155 miles later in total and we will be back where we started.

I opted for the easier walk, some 10 miles, mostly downhill and I was glad I did. I never know until after a mile or two of warm-up whether I am raring to go or going to sleepwalk, so I don't like having to chose right from the starting block (or bus).

A bit chagrined when someone mentioned that an 84 year old lady was doing the higher route, but we did have 2 80-something gentlemen with us. A pleasant stroll down through meadows and by streams, and we missed the soaking that those higher up experienced in the afternoon.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-16, 09:02

BF:

It's Monday so it must be Carlisle, again, but today I parked in a different supermarket and my feet guided me into woodland and out into the countryside to a little hamlet called Tarraby. Found my way back by a different route, then parked nearer the centre and went off in search of groceries and coffee. DH said he fancied doing the Tarraby stroll.
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 14:33

BF:

Very leisurely today, caught up on admin and correspondence. Mostly rebounding and a short twilight stroll.