Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 22:27

Plan: Combination LC / Paleo
Stats: 205/194/170 Male 71.5 inches
BF:25%/23%/15%
Progress: 31%
Default Anyone in Waterloo Region?

Just putting my feelers out.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 00:15

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Hi! from the west (wet & windy) coast Waterloo!!!

Glenda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 00:31

Haha! Cool! The weather here is currently dropping 5-10cm of sleet, freezing rain and snow here! Glad I don't have to work tomorrow. Though, it's not exactly great for snowboarding either.

I've been out west a bit... Lake Louise, AB for a couple of years, but I was also just north of Hope, BC and visited Vancouver. Never made it out to the island, though I wish I had! Half my friends from Lake Louise moved on to the "greener pastures" in Tofino!

I'll make it out there some day.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 12:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200/186/140 Female 5' 2"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric
Haha! Cool! The weather here is currently dropping 5-10cm of sleet, freezing rain and snow here! Glad I don't have to work tomorrow. Though, it's not exactly great for snowboarding either.

I've been out west a bit... Lake Louise, AB for a couple of years, but I was also just north of Hope, BC and visited Vancouver. Never made it out to the island, though I wish I had! Half my friends from Lake Louise moved on to the "greener pastures" in Tofino!

I'll make it out there some day.

Hi there:

Spent 3 years in Kitchener, on Patricia Ave., near the hospital ... hubby was going to U of Waterloo for Env. Sci.

Then we headed west ... first Kelowna, then Pemberton (about 30 mins north of Whistler), now Logan Lake (near Kamloops) ... eventually want to retire on Vanc. Island Have spent many happy hours on the island, camping, hiking.

Have never looked back, but miss friends, family ... I think once West, there is no going back, for most anyway ... still have tons of family and friends back East though, TO, Kitchener, etc.

Our boys (now young men) are true BC boys too, snowboard at Whistler, mountain bike ... great stuff! But, there is still the missing family ... although we have had some great visits from family, and friends, out here in BC, they all seem to love it and keep coming back, so that's not so bad
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms A
Have never looked back, but miss friends, family ... I think once West, there is no going back, for most anyway ... still have tons of family and friends back East though, TO, Kitchener, etc.

Yeah! I've got the west in me now! I think I'm going to have to end up out there again. At the bare minimum for one more season of snowboarding.

I dunno.. it just seems so... mundane around here now.

Thanks!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 15:46

Quote:
Yeah! I've got the west in me now! I think I'm going to have to end up out there again. At the bare minimum for one more season of snowboarding.

I dunno.. it just seems so... mundane around here now.

Thanks!

Yeah, it kinda gets in your blood ... where do/did you snowboard out West?

We have done Big White (Kelowna - lived there for 11 years) and Silver Star (Vernon) ... the old man and I never did Whistler, but our two sons love it.

Our eldest works at Whistler Mountain, and lives in Pemberton - we still have a house in Pemberton but are putting it on the market this month - he was a snowboard instructor at Big White and Whistler for a year, but now is in a 'regular job' at the mountain, more mechanics and driving the big cats etc. He loves it though!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms A
Yeah, it kinda gets in your blood ... where do/did you snowboard out West?

We have done Big White (Kelowna - lived there for 11 years) and Silver Star (Vernon) ... the old man and I never did Whistler, but our two sons love it.

I was at Lake Louise for my 2 seasons. Well, a season and a half! My second season was UNBELIEVABLE. And yet, there were still things I wanted to explore on that mountain.

I'm hoping to end up there for at least one more season! I'm considering near Big White or even just the smaller resort near Nelson, but I've got my heart set on Revelstoke, though it's probably going to explode next year. I have a couple of friends there, so maybe I can get a hook-up for a job! The powder in Interior BC looks incredible! Who knows. Going to New Zealand this summer (hopefully) to snowboard near Queenstown.

Wish I would have started snowboarding years ago, I never realized how addictive it was.

I have a friend going to to Whistler... sounds like fun, but I'm losing the party urges. Lake Louise was really small, that's why I wanted to move on. Drinking and drugs seemed to be the most common past-times for people, unfortunately.

I indulged a bit too much on the drinking side.... which brings me around to this site ... put on some poundage while I was out there...

But I digress!

What did you think of Big White and Silver Star?
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-08, 20:18

Quote:
I was at Lake Louise for my 2 seasons. Well, a season and a half! My second season was UNBELIEVABLE. And yet, there were still things I wanted to explore on that mountain.

I'm hoping to end up there for at least one more season! I'm considering near Big White or even just the smaller resort near Nelson, but I've got my heart set on Revelstoke, though it's probably going to explode next year. I have a couple of friends there, so maybe I can get a hook-up for a job! The powder in Interior BC looks incredible! Who knows. Going to New Zealand this summer (hopefully) to snowboard near Queenstown.

Wish I would have started snowboarding years ago, I never realized how addictive it was.

I have a friend going to to Whistler... sounds like fun, but I'm losing the party urges. Lake Louise was really small, that's why I wanted to move on. Drinking and drugs seemed to be the most common past-times for people, unfortunately.

I indulged a bit too much on the drinking side.... which brings me around to this site ... put on some poundage while I was out there...

But I digress!

What did you think of Big White and Silver Star?

I hear ya ... my son who works at Whistler is out of the party scene already, he and his fiance both, they are in mid twenties but are pretty 'low key' now and enjoy the outdoors, hiking, camping, snowboarding, etc., without all the parties.

Big White was great! Loved the snow, although I'm a pretty timid skier so on the "Big White Out" days (fog) I just hung in the village ... I need to see what's coming at me! Ha ha. The ski pass for our whole family was the same cost as ONE ski pass at Whistler ... so that justified me hanging out if I needed to ... mostly I was on the slopes though.

Silver Star was amazing too ... both have great snow ... and villages.

The son who works at Whistler actually went to Selkirk College in Nelson, for Ski Resort Mgmt., he lived there for two years so he did the small resort there too.

Have been reading and hearing about Revelstoke and it sounds pretty impressive! Apparently, lots of Whistler imports there already, and restaurant owners from Whistler too. They say that it's better than Whistler because it's still a bit rustic ... guess Whistler is felt by many of the 'originals' to have sold out.

Our son actually wants to end up at Jumbo Glacier Resort ... the next "IT" place I'm told!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 00:36

Haha... yeah, I'm worried that by the time I make it to Revelstoke it will be flooded with eager workers thrilling at a new resort. My only hope is that my friend can hook me up with a job.

Thanks for the tips on the other resorts. I know I have to spend ONE more season out there! (Before the big 3-0).
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-08, 14:07
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 180/135/135 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 100%

Waterloo right here!!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 07:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/138/105 Female 5ft 1 & 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey, im about 30mins give or take from waterloo!
hello!