Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-08, 05:48

Plan: Paleo-Schwarz
Stats: 168/165/128 Female 64 inches
BF:mucho/less/goal
Progress: 8%
Question adrenal fatigue

Hi
Has anyone here been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue? If so, how is the low carbing working for you? I have read conflicting info---some say low carb is good for adrenal fatigue---others disagree.
Has it helped your adrebal fatigue?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-08, 06:57

Plan: PPLPish<30ecc.
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have been diagnosed with that....but please tell me your symptoms in detail. many people are diagnosed adrenal fatigue but that is still one of the symptoms and not the solution in my opinion.

The cause of adrenal fatigue can be varied and you have to keep looking it is not the end by any means.

As far as low carb is concerned yes it is the best diet for adrenal fatigue. I noticed a lot of difference once I was on a low carb diet . But it was not the complete part of the puzzle I had to look for other answers.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-08, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I was dx with adrenal fatigue as well - a variety of symptoms including headaches, restless sleep, low progesterone, hot flashes etc. Not all are connected -still working on the solution.....

LC works great for me, in fact it is the ONLY plan that works for me!

Good luck, Julie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-08, 01:10

Plan: Paleo-Schwarz
Stats: 168/165/128 Female 64 inches
BF:mucho/less/goal
Progress: 8%

Thanks for your responses.
My symptoms were/are constant sleepiness, exhaustion, inability to handle stress, and blood and slaiva tests confirmed seriously low adrenal output.

My naturopath doc wants me to follow a regimen of gentle exercise 3x a week, various vitamin/mineral/herbal supplements, protien at every meal, and stress removal or avoidance when possible.

What kind of low carb plan are you following? how much carb do you eat in the course of a day?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-08, 06:21

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Hello

You might wanna look into getting your thyroid properly tested also as oftentimes a low thyroid is the cause of adrenal fatigue. Unless you happened to get lucky and found yourself in the care of a thyroid doctor who knows what the heck he is talking about I bet it hasn't. You need to get Free T3 and Free T4 along with salivatory cortisol and thyroid antibodies at a bare minimum.

This link has a list of all the labs you should get http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.co...mended-labwork/

I eat around 60 carbs daily. I am gonna go lower when I get back from my vacation.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/188/150 Female 66"
BF:Day37=2"loss belly
Progress: 71%

I had good luck getting my adrenals working better using Adrenergize. I took it as needed for about a year.