Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Month 7, 98 pounds lost on atkin's WOE
Posted by passbud
Posted Thu, Oct-23-03
Female 66 inches
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/210/140
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Month 7, 98 pounds lost on atkin's WOE

I have been doing induction amounts since March and have thus lost 98 pounds, total goal is to lose 200, which is a LOT, but I am nearly halfway there and do not imaine myself stopping anytime soon, like, in my lifetime. I am more energetic, overall healthier not only because of the weight loss, but because of sufficient water intake, and I believe, I had quite an intolerance to carbs before beginning this WOE.

I used to be plagued by stomach pain on a normal basis, now have absolutely none. Also prone to urinary tract infections, I no longer deal with those most likely due to the water intake. I also have not been sick since shortly after beginning (a cold, at best, which normally would last for weeks, lasted but a mere four days).

What does all of this mean? Well, I hope to at least encourage somebody whom is considering this WOE, to try it out..when I began I promised myself I would adhere to it like a ritual for 6 months..6 months of my life is but a mere miniscule timeframe, especially when trying to better overall health. Boy, was I not prepared for these results!!! In passing the 6 month mark, I had thoroughly cemented my decision to never go back to the way I used to eat.

YOU CAN DO THIS, anyone can...while LC products tend to be a bit more pricey, even I find that I am spending way less than I used to, and this was a time when I would buy McDonalds or cakes and lower priced goodies loaded with sugars. I eat less and am SATISFIED, unlike any other type of diet I have tried. If you are new and just considering the LC lifestyle, here is one woman who shows it CAN be done, even with ZERO willpower, with a strong addiction to sweets, and with personal demons which have supressed my success in the past.

Much luck and success to everyone who reads this board, and I hope that my writings at least encourage one person to take that plunge for their health and overall well-being.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by Frodo2001 on Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:50

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this time, I'm a little wishywashy on beginning my lowcarb lifestyle. I guess a part of me feels like I could never be a success story---like yourself. I'm a newbie and your encouragement is much appreciated. I wish you much success and happiness and I just wanted to say "Thank You!"

98 comments [read all comments]

Article tools