Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%
Default Slow and Steady wins the race...

Just writing to say that things are moving along pretty well.

I have had the moments of discouragment and confusion but I think I am winning the battle over all. Yes I have had a few days when I hit a rockbottom off the wagon but I have also had some sunshine moments (turning down candy, saying salad instead of fries, eating burgers with no buns) these things would NEVER have happend 2 months ago ... I have finnaly found an odd sense of willpower...something I have NEVER had before... I just gotta remeber this is a permanent process not a quick fix!!

My weightloss is nothing to substantial (yet) but for me it has been a learning process!

I plan to be a CADer for life!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 14:09

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Good for you!!!! A positive attitude is a step in the right direction. Slow but sure, it didn't take a few days to put the weight on, so we have to remember it will take a while for it to come off as well.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 14:31

Plan: Dr Atkins changed to CAD
Stats: 80/8/60
BF:
Progress:

Slow and steady is very good!!! Especially when you look back over time - which goes by very very fast!! One of the little mental tricks I use to keep me away from a binge or a cheat is to remind myself that in a couple of months time when I look back - will that cheat/binge have been of any enjoyment/benefit to me vs the joy of seeing that even a few kilos have been lost!!

Keep strong

Shira
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 16:39

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

You've lost 9 pounds that is teriffic and you should be proud. I am so glad we discovered this WOE!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 10:09

Just weighed myself this morning...I love CAD..I love CAD!!

Just taking things one meal at time...really noticing that I am not stressing over my meals any more..its becomming easier to plan and eat according to my plan...

If I can stick to my plan for the next week or so I'm actually going to make my first mini-goal!!

I've never been able to do that before- I usually pick goals that are really lofty achievments

Nontheless TAKE CARE everyone..
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:26

I made my mini- goal...

Slow and steady!!

I LOVE CAD!!

I like making mini-goals gives a great sense of accomplishment!!

Thank you all!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 13:55

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 184/179/139
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Yes, I can relate!!!

Hi ALL,
What an inspiration all of you are. I am so glad I found this website. I can relate to so much that you all have said.
I just started CAD and am really settling in beautifully. I am not feeling too deprived, like Atkins, but I have to say that I am still finding it hard to resist..but I do!! And, with each time I refuse some food that would hurt my progress, I feel stronger and VERY proud of myself.
I was kind of bummed today because I was up 1.5 lbs from yesterday, but somehow I feel it will be okay because I have been following everything exactly, and that I will only GO WITH my weekly average to see how I am doing.
Anybody else feel comforted by that????
I would REALLY like to know because before this WOE, I would let my weight determine how I was going to eat that day. AND, usually it was destructive. With this way of living, I feel like I CAN do it....forever!
Anyway, WE ALL can do it. Just remember what the book said....
we have to make it a priority to take care of ourselves. Just the other day, we ended up being late to a function because I HAD to finish my dinner within that hour or else I KNEW I would be in trouble. ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THAT???

Wish me luck as I do the same to all of you.

Anna
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 03:36

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi guys

Saweetie, congratulations on making your mini-goal, that is just wonderful!

Anna, welcome to CAD. I think it is great that you are starting off averaging your weight. That is the only way to go for me. It really evens out the bumps that most of us experience. I would be upset right now if I had to go by today's weight, but on average, I had a loss this week, so I can live with that. It really helps.

Happpy CADding!

Tracy
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 04:54

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Saweetie.
Congrats on your minigoal!! great work.

Anna, Welcome to Cad. Dont worry about the weight fluxuations unless it ONLY goes up and never down. Most of us girls find that our weight bounces all over the map. It did for me on atkins and still does on CAD. I fluxuate as much as 3 lbs between days. It is just the water. I imagine it depends on where we are in our cycle, what we ate the day before, how much salt we got. You will probably find that you bounce up and down but that you regularly hit new lows and bounce to lower highs.

Some of us joke that we have to lose the same lbs 3-5 times before it goes away for good. I think its just the way the female body works. Or at least the female overweight body.

Check out some journals who use the daily average. (vel dcbrown and I all use it, I think maybe quickdeb does too) youll see the weight bouncing.

Good luck to both of ya

Jaden
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 13:29

Found this old post... and it is true... I guess that when I first started back on I lost really fast...now I am slowed...but I just have to remember Turtle power!! and keep coming back
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 17:59

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

In the cad book there is a story of a lady who stayed weeks (I do not know how long) on a stall then BAM!!! she started losing again. Stay on track....for me if i'am not cadding, i NEED TO DO LOWER CARB, or i'll gain weight like crazy....
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 15:08

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Don't give up. I lose veeeeeerrrrryyyyy slowly. I average out at about .67 a week, but have gone as much as 5 weeks without a loss. The up side is that once lost it has stayed gone and all of a sudden the inches seem to be melting away. Today I am wearing a pair of pants that did not fit....button or zip...5 weeks ago. Today, I can take them off without undoing anything! I am so amazed.

Whenever I get a little down I ALWAY go to Vel's journal. Her meals and daily averaging have done so much to help me keep faith in the program. I do very little tweaking. I'm not good at it, and my meals aren't perfect, though not bad most of the time. I can not handle averaging so I don't do it. I weigh in on Sat. mornings. That's enough for me. Just BELIEVE it can work. If you are a CA it will work....not quickly....give up that piece if you can and just do each day knowing that you are headed the right direction and will get there in time.....happy and eating food you love and want.....or not....depends on the day!

Deb
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 16:56

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Turtle power! I like it!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 17:39

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

i know.....i have this pair of jeans that fit TIGHT! it used to fit perfect...then i cheated...gained weight......got on cad....this happened 3 times in a row.......i really want the jeans to fit before my vacation.....i am tempted to do stillman...for the 5th time...but i know the weight will not stay off. For me the way i lose weight has to be the way i maintain, stillman is not liveable....CAD IS!!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 20:15

Hey Lowco....what is stillman??