Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 18:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default starting over again, yet again...

I have succeeded on Atkins in the past, got down to 230 about 4 years ago. Starting now at about 274, yikes! I have borderline diabetes, high blood pressure (controlled my meds) and am desparate to lose this weight and keep it off. I am definitely a late night snacker, but have recently been eating roasted chicken wings with seasonings (no sugar) as a late night snack. So far it's working, I have lost about 4 lbs this week. I have a long way to go. Thanks for putting up with me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 19:17
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

It's HARD to stay motivated. We all go through ups and downs and we're all struggling so don't kick yourself. Not too hard. LOL

I see that you have a journal and you've been here over time. You know this is a safe place full of good people.

You can do this.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 20:49

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Glad you are grabbing hold of the reins !!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-19, 22:19

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

We started at about the same weight. I had maintained at minimum a 50 pound loss for a long time but, a couple years ago, illness and stress caused me to gain very quickly - like 3-4 pounds a week - for awhile. And that comes off very slow. I also developed high A1C (6.1). It didn't come down right away but after six months it was 5.2. Health first and the weight will follow. Focus on the BP and the BS. Get those down and things will be swimming.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-19, 04:22

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Welcome!

I used to be a mindless night-time eater and it was one of the things I had to address when I started my weight loss phase. For me it worked well to gradually move back my evening eating window. Starting out I stopped eating at 10pm. Then a couple weeks later I moved that to 9:30, then 9 etc. Over the course of several months I went from eating a lot at night, to no longer eating at all after 7pm. I realized that it was because of a habit and not actual hunger. I now rarely eat after 7pm and if I do it feels so weird, lol.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-19, 05:34

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back

To restart, a fresh start by rereading your Atkins book, and following all induction rules to a T is another approach. Dr Eades addressed that in his series of Why LC is harder the Second Time Around. https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/ It isn’t really, but guessing at the guidelines makes it harder.

You may also be motivated by trying the some of the Ketogenic guidelines.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/guides

All the best,
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-19, 07:44

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hey! Welcome back!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-19, 19:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

thanks everyone. On day 5 now. Resisted the Lays potato chips near me. Made a cheese crisp with shredded cheddar cheese nuked on parchment paper. I gained 1 1b since yesterday, but I realize that's just normal fluctuations.

I'm going to do this!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 12:17

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Keep going! You will find the non-hungry bliss again soon if you stay super low carb. I’d suggest staying off the scale for now and letting your focus be on two rules only: no carbs allowed/no hunger allowed. In a month you’ll start to feel better and it all gets easy and clear and great again. Make no mistake: we large losers are very different. Always will be. Thanks for the reminder about how satisfying chicken with crispy skin can be. I bought some today.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 16:34

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom
thanks everyone. On day 5 now. Resisted the Lays potato chips near me. Made a cheese crisp with shredded cheddar cheese nuked on parchment paper. I gained 1 1b since yesterday, but I realize that's just normal fluctuations.

I'm going to do this!!!

My new favorite thing is to buy sliced square cheeses (Aldi, $1.79 package), cut into quarters, sprinkle with different seasonings (especially garlic ranch), and then put on parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees, for 6-7ish minutes (keep a close eye on them, when they start to turn a light caramel color they're done). They store well in a baggie in the fridge for several days-though they rarely last more than a few minutes

Cheddar, colby-jack and pepper-jack are my favorites. I tried Swiss too but it was pretty bitter.