Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-19, 08:32

Plan: avoiding breads/whites
Stats: 230.0/202.6/145.0 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress:
Default New to the site.

Good Morning everyone,

I have been low carb-ing on and off and it will be one year in August. I have manage to lose 28 pounds since then, but would like to boost it up and lose some 12 pounds this month and another 10 pounds next month to reach 50 pounds lost during a one year frame.

I took psychology of food and many of my eating habits have already changed. For example I am very good at eating several small portions through out the day. I eat with my hands (receive better satisfaction from my small portions of food) or I eat with chopsticks or small forks and spoons.

I do not drink sodas, I do eat some breads, cakes, and deserts, not as I used to eat them- but has been the only thing that I do still consume that I know I should stay way from- otherwise my weight lost would have been a little bit more consistently.

Exercise wise, I do intermittent walk/run for 30-45 minutes twice to three times a week and I am planning to increase this by making it 5-6 times per week.

I think that if I stay consistent with the low carb (a max of 20-30 carbs per day), the weight loss will be more significant.

I am hoping to find some nice support groups and monthly challenges that will help me with my goals and at the same time motivate other with their goals.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-19, 11:05

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Welcome Angelface!

10-12 pounds in a month is a very ambitious goal--especially after you've been on low carb already. But hopefully, if you stick to your plan closely, you will see some great results, even if it's not quite that much.

One tip that should help you a lot is to stop eating small portions all day long. The popular advice to eat small meals throughout the day is terrible. That just keeps boosting your insulin constantly. You want it low for as long as possible. Try to eat all your food in just three good meals. Even better, eat just two meals, either lunch and dinner or breakfast and lunch (don't skip lunch, that won't be the same). Make sure you're still eating plenty, so that you're not hungry at all between meals.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-19, 08:13

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hello, Angelface. I see that you have already found your way to a "Challenge" thread. Hope that will be motivating.

I agree with the previous comment that 12 lbs in one month is an unrealistic goal. I agree, too, that eating small portions throughout the day may not be the best strategy for the reasons stated.

The best kickstart for many people is the Atkins "induction" phase, or the Keto Challenge, which you can find at the free site DietDoctor. Eating even "some" bread, cakes, and desserts is definitely a disadvantage to fast weight loss, even if you are restricting carbohydrates "most" of the time.

Best wishes.