Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 23:32
Registered Member

Plan: Little Atkinish
Stats: 180/164/100 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 20%

Dee, LOL I am amazed you work with several people from Douglass considering it is such a tiny town. Like 2000.

Pretty rare I venture in to Wichita. My husband does daily for work but I am a SAHM so not much reason to leave except for a weekend trip to Derby to grocery shop. If I could find a work out buddy here it would be too awesome but will not hold my breath. Hubby stopped when it got cold. OK, so did I, hee hee.

Last edited by Get2Bslim : Fri, Jan-02-09 at 12:27.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-09, 23:56

Plan: South Beach (Modified)
Stats: 240/228/160 Female 5'0"
BF:48
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
Hi Makenzi

Whoa... I live in "East" Wichita near Town East, what part of Wichita do you live in?

Also several people from work are doing a exercise support group. Some days we will go to the NE YMCA together, other days we will exercise on our own and report our activities to the group. Are you interested in something like this?

Dee

We own a house down by Lincoln and Rock but we live on 29th between Rock and Woodlawn

I am not currently a member of the YMCA because I work at WSU I get discounted fitness access to Heskett Center, but it might be something to look into
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 09:11

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Makenzi

Do you have someone to be accountable to for an exercise regiment? I used to teach part time at WSU, but since I am working toooo much overtime at Spirit, I gave up teaching. I can't even think of any of my friends who still teach... kinda sad isn't it!

Dee
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 10:32

Plan: South Beach (Modified)
Stats: 240/228/160 Female 5'0"
BF:48
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
Makenzi

Do you have someone to be accountable to for an exercise regiment? I used to teach part time at WSU, but since I am working toooo much overtime at Spirit, I gave up teaching. I can't even think of any of my friends who still teach... kinda sad isn't it!

Dee

No but that would be great.. I am just starting again, its going slowly.. I dont think I am completely committed right now, but I want to be.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-09, 19:47

Plan: SemiVegetarian Lower Carb
Stats: 335/323/150 Female 67 inches
BF:73%/73%/30%
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Amanda, I can understand wanting a exercise partner. Do you have somewhere near you where you can exercise or do you have a home gym? Maybe I should ask what you do for exercise.

Dee

No I don't have a partner. I do have a treadmill and a total gym that rarely get used. Mostly I do tia chi every morning and then I charge up the mp3 players, grab some leashes, and my two daughters and we walk the dogs 4 or 5 times a week. My 11 year old loves it but my 7 year old complains the whole time! But when it gets real windy and cold (Kansas has the coldest wind Brrrrrrrr), I use the treadmill when the weather is bad. I have noticed the weight comes off quicker and I feel better if I add resistance like weights or total gym to my weekly workouts, but get lazy and don't do it!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-09, 21:56

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

You all are making me homesick! I grew up east of Wellington in a small town. When I got married, my husband and I lived in the apartments at Rock Road and ...Edgewood, Edgemoor? Geez, never thought I'd forget! It was the Conquistador apts. at that time. Then we bought a small house two blocks east of Southeast High School on Pineridge. We moved to Nebraska 18 years ago but I'm still a Kansan!
I went to WSU and worked in one of the offices there. I loved the Heskett Center, spent a lot of hours there.

I have a nephew that works at Spirit.

My hometown competed with Douglas in sports, music, etc.

I still have family in the Wellington thru Winfield areas. I'm really homesick now!
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-09, 00:00

Plan: atkins??
Stats: 176/176/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I Live In Kansas!!

I'm new here.
I hope I can do this.
It's nice to know that there's this place to visit and get motivated(This site)!!
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-09, 10:15

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Sheila

Where do you live?

Dee
  #54   ^
Old Tue, May-26-09, 08:17

Plan: atkins??
Stats: 176/176/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just started back Today!~!!
I quit before- I am too stressed-(My husband got laid off in Feb. -still no work)
Anywho, I hope you r doing well.....keep in touch
Sheila
I live in Prairie Village, Ks