Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: How often do you cheat?
Never 251 29.53%
Once a day 49 5.76%
More than once a day 21 2.47%
Once per week 300 35.29%
Once per month 229 26.94%
Voters: 850. You may not vote on this poll

#211   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 12:37

Plan: general
Stats: 230/230/180 Male 180
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have one meal that I really miss once a week. I dont class it as a 'cheat' , I class it as a reward for my weeks strict eating. Basically I weigh myself every friday , so long as I am loosing I allow myself my "reward" meal. Next day its straight back to LC.

Im not saying it works for everyone.... but its working for myself and my wife. We have been doing it this way since sep 2004 ...and loosing. Personally if I could not have "a break" once per week I dont think I would have stuck to it for this long. I look forward to every friday ... 1 to see my weightloss ... 2 to have my reward meal
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314.5/295.5/200 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'm still debating this issue. I am just starting out and have so much to lose but I still want to enjoy a little of what I used to in moderatin. I am considering doing one time ever 2 weeks. Or maybe once a month. Not sure. This past week a family member was in the hospital and I had to pick up and leave and while I tried to stay on plan after a few days it became impossible. So I was off for 4 days unplaned and gained back 5 lbs. Totally sucks and wish I could have stuck with it.
  #213   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 21:05
Registered Member

Plan: TARGETED KETOGENIC
Stats: 183/168/160 Male 66
BF:
Progress:

I cheat on my girlfriend with my wife!!!! ........but not on my diet
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 19:27

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default I prefer to call it 'indulgence days' (Dana Carpender)

I have a 'carb up day' once every two weeks or so--usually with Chinese buffet or a baked potato. I get right back on plan the next day. I'm one of the lucky ones that don't get cravings or feeling physically sick after eating high-carb foods. The weight is coming off slower probably cuz of that but I don't worry about it. At least the scale's going down and the tape measure is starting to wrap around twice on me.
  #215   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 19:45

Stats: 215/165/145 Female 5'9
BF:26%
Progress: 71%

Amanda so! That was absolutely AWSOME! I'm laughing my arse off!!!!!!
  #216   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 20:09
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I wish there had been a choice between once per month and never, lol. I picked once per month but actually I've only really cheated 1x in 3 months. I had some beer at a restaurant. My total carb intake that day was 50 carbs. 22 carbs of that was beer, lol.

When I lost weight before I did a cycled-diet with a complete day off every couple weeks when I could eat what I wanted within reason. I might shift to something like that if I start to feel deprived. So far I feel happy with what I am eating and really dom'tt desire more carbs. However, this time there are lots of low carb candies and ice creams - even pasta- so that if I do want something carby, I can stay close to plan.
  #217   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 12:28
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 158/158/120 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress:

Never...
Of course, I've not yet begun the plan.

Mindy