Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2341   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 09:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Yes, the one coming up is a combo of a girlfriend trip and a visit to my Mom. I'll be picking up her car and bringing it back to DD. I'll fly in to visit her in ATL, then go on to the mountain house in North GA for a few days, then drive it back to MD.

Don't you just love wish lists for things that you want to dream about having but may or may not buy? I totally love to do that. Often I don't end up buying but it feels almost as good!

Nine pounds down is so amazing. You are doing so well!

Lori- Glad you are making such good progress with your arm/shoulder. My DH is also. Happy for both of you!

I'll be interested to hear how you like Hello Fresh in comparison to Green Chef.

Trig- I definitely wouldn't hike in those temps either. Not worth it, especially if there are areas of no shade. The cooler weather is coming!

Glad DD's knee seems to be improving.

Jaz- I really don't think your work people give two craps. They are probably hoping the ship does go down and they can get their own severance or something. I don't even know. What a mess!

•••••

So poor DS20 sounds a little low. He called about the bike and they are saying that (thus far) they don't have it. So he doesn't know if it is impounded and not yet processed, or if it was stolen or what.

He has definitely had some challenging moments thus far over there and I think he feels stressed and alone. He is the quintessential middle child- loves having people around and company. Right now he is not getting those needs met. Meanwhile his GF is in a completely different program surrounded by Americans that she is doing all kinds of things with, which probably is making him feel even more lonely. I'm sure he is glad it is going well for her though. KWIM?

This is ultimately good for him and a good learning experience but he is feeling the challenge. He told me the other day on the phone (before the next round of challenge) that he had no idea the challenges of menu planning and shopping and cooking fresh food etc. Bless him. He is having to grow up pretty suddenly from college and a full dining plan to literally having to fend for himself in every way.

Even as I know it is good for him and he will be better for it, it is still hard to hear him feeling sort of low. It always affects Moms that way though, IMO. I just keep assuring him that he will figure things out and when he looks back, he will be proud of how he managed.

Other than that, things are going well. DS17 is in a good place. He is excited about West Side Story (the musical for March 2020 was announced) and he is trying to figure out which role he would rather have, the lead or the sidekick. The fact is that the director very likely already has a role in mind for him and that is likely why she chose that musical. She has great vision, even when it doesn't always make sense to us initially.

Dh is continuing to have improved range of motion and strength. Hopefully he will not ever need surgery!

My DD was yesterday and it went well. I am leaning toward ditching the soups. They aren't really doing it for me. I am *loving* a wrap as one of my meals. It is satisfying and filling. One LC tortilla, 1 TB yogurt ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato and 2 oz sliced turkey. So good! I had that and a quarter of a Honeycrisp apple that was perfect. For a 500 calorie day I can have a wrap (lots of filling choices there) and a frozen meal. Depending on the calories I can add another quarter apple.

I also got in a 4 mile hike yesterday. I didn't notice any exhaustion or anything related to not having eaten. I had my first meal yesterday around 1:30. Oh, I also did have 2 oz of grilled chicken breast (homemade) yesterday afternoon. My calories were probably closer to 550-600.

I have lost 1.8 this week. Satisfied with that.

Today I have just been hanging around. I made LC pancakes for breakfast around 9:30 and am thinking I likely won't be hungry at 12:45, at which point I leave for work. I might go a bit early and get a to-go lunch and take it to the desk. I also have two lessons to catch up on from my business class so I plan to do that while at the work desk. Getting paid while doing that sounds just fine for me!

Making tacos for the menfolk for dinner tonight. I might make myself a small taco salad. The biggest challenge I have faced with the UD/DD so far is that I might not be very hungry after a certain point (say, 4 or 5) but then knowing I only have 500 calories to work with the next day makes me hesitant to not have a snack or something later on. You know?
Sponsored Links
  #2342   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 09:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz.....yes, I will be 60 in 5 short months.....WHAT??????? I am in total denial.

Nic.....so sorry your son is having a lonely time. I cannot imagine the adjustment required to try to blend into a whole new world basically. Hope the bike snafu gets worked out soon.

Glad to hear that your DH's shoulder is improving. No surgery would be a great thing.

You are doing great with the Every Other Day Diet plan! I love your wrap idea. I just may look into getting some wraps. Yum.

Trig....good idea to hold off on the hikes until the weather breaks. Heat exhaustion is no joke.

Blue...as Trig said, ease back into activity etc. I had a rebound flu a couple years ago and it was awful. So happy that you're finally feeling better.

Ok....nearly Noon and time for a couple scrambled eggs. Diet day going great!
  #2343   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 16:08

BF:

Another diet day done! Eggs are magic for me on my low calorie days. I thought I might be hungrier today after doing Yoga, but it was no problem at all.

Yoga, some errands & 3 loads of laundry done today. Not a bad day! Going for my run/walk early tomorrow morning before the heat & humidity sets in. Supposed to get near 90 tomorrow.

Oh....it appears that I won't be getting a delivery from Hello Fresh tomorrow. I had done an online chat with a rep about it and requested it to start on 9/25, but I thought I was too late to change it. I just looked at my account and it looks like it's been changed. Whew! I didn't need 2 boxes tomorrow!

Have a good evening!
  #2344   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 20:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all quit post before I land off into the land of nod........ do you love that place????? I sure do! The older I get the more it beckons!

Easting was a disaster for me today- OMG- off the chain. I am confessing here . I had a rough day and my fridge is EMPTY- ate up all my meat and tonight I wanted Mexican - Flat out.

I know excuses. I hear you ladies doing SOOOOOO SOOOO well and I am just struggling .
I thing it was maybe .... help me here 3 weeks , maybe 4 that all those acute tummy troubles and I ate rice for 3 days...... to regain balance. Well I have had trouble since then. It was like I fed the crap in the colon, bad bacteria that thrives on garbage and it screams for carbs about every 4-5 th day. On off the rails mind you, a taste here a taste there, Enough though to keep me from losing.
Add cortisol and its a wash..........

I have got to get it together. If NOTHING else I have to make this a priority. I was thinking about the fact I will be going on interview shortly and NEED to look ok!!!!! I got an email from my doctor friend- it is still months the making........ I dunno...... One day at a a time and boundaries.

I need to start thinking about my CEU's before Jan. I need 24. some of those classes are rather interesting!!!!

Just checking in- needed to confess!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is another NEW day
  #2345   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Up & dressed in my running clothes while I have my coffee. I have to head out by 8:30 at the latest to get my workout in before my massage. My workout will be about an hour and then I'll pop home for a quick shower and then a good rub down. Ahhh.....

An eating day today, but not hungry so far. When I read the Every Other Day Diet book, it said that by week 3 the diet days get so much easier. I have to say I have found that to be true. This is actually week 4 for me, but the diet days are a breeze. I just hope that I'll be able to get back on track easily when I get home from VA Beach. I think I will.....no......I WILL!!!!

I'm getting a sausage flatbread recipe in my Green Chef box this morning and I think I'll make it for lunch. Not sure what dinner will consist of at this point. I think there is a shrimp dish in the box this week....maybe I'll whip that up.

Jaz....hope you don't have any digestive issues from your Mexican food yesterday. If I was under the stress you are, I would be falling face first into a pile of food every night. Just take it a day at a time. I know it's a battle.

Time to run....I'll be back later to check on you all!
  #2346   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 05:45

BF:

Today is a new day and I have PAID the "Piper" and then some!!
I was up all night with a tummy ache and "issues". I am nauseous as well. I feel sick. Directly related to yesterdays indulgence. My body just can't take that. It a way it is a huge wake up call to myself.

NEW DAY- Today is going to be a fast day. I need to "clear out" the body! It won't be hard to do as I feel like crap!

Different day same heat- can't remember when we had a cool 80's day.....

I would have called in today except I actually am meeting a co-worker in the office to teach her how to do bone density tests. I have marked off my calendar to keep it clear and she had she. So I will suck it up and go.

Coffee is wonderful this morning! -

LORI- - I love you are the "tester" for us in so many products. I am curious as to why the switch from Green Leaf to Hello Fresh? I will also be interested in how they are alike!

Do your grocer's have the ready to make dinners? They are wildly popular here!!!!!

TRIG- How is the hiking in heat doing? How is the kiddo liking school? Is she taking any art classes?

NIC- Gosh I feel for your son about his bike. Maybe he should get another one? Just a thought. Unless it was one of those crazy pricy bikes like my son has!
I buy the WALMART 89.00 special! My son has SEVERAL Treks- $$$$- but swears buy them. But he is also an avid "biker".

I you bring some cool weather when you come to GA!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please!

BLUE- I should send you a pic of this wall art my neighbor was putting in the front yard for someone to take. I watched her do it and went and grabbed it! It is a a huge piece she got from Wayfair. I am not the flower type. But the colors are my colors and would fit so well on my anchor wall. It is a huge canvas piece so it would work well. It is a muted red, gold, and deep blue tones. Sorta abstract. I will take a pict and send!

Are you loving your cool weather? Do you seasonally decorate? I am interested still in your Charlie Brown table top tree link!
----------------------------------
NEW DAY!!!!!! -

Have a good one all-
  #2347   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 07:08

BF:

Jaz....I have not officially switched from Green Chef to Hello Fresh. I received a coupon for $80 off my first few orders from Hello Fresh, so thought I would try it and then decide which I like better. I really enjoy getting the meals and recipes, takes the heat off me 3 times a week to try to decide what to make.

Sorry you were sick all night. How can something that tastes so good cause us so much distress? Hope your fast day clears things out.

Just back from my hour workout. It was nice and refreshing this morning, but I can tell that it is going to get "sticky" this afternoon.

Having a 2nd cup of coffee....with cream and MCT oil...yum. I only drink black coffee on diet days, so I enjoy 1 cup of rich coffee on UP days.

Have good days!
  #2348   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 17:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- you are #goals for 60! My neighbor is early 60s and she is so active it is insane. She is more active than anyone else I know!

Really glad to hear your DDs are going so smoothly. That's good news! You are rocking it!

Glad your Hello Fresh got delayed so you can work with them one at a time.

Jaz- Hugs girl. It happens. You know, I wonder if trying the UD/DD might work for you given your current mental struggle with restriction. It might help to ease that up for you and then you can go back to it if you want to. Don't know but tossing the idea out as a suggestion.

Good find on the wall art!

Hugs to Blue and Trig!

•••••••

So a heartening text from DS20 yesterday evening:

Me: Hey Bubba, how ya feeling today?
DS: Good! Going out with friends tonight and getting back into the swing of classes. You were right, this isn't a big deal when it comes down to it.
Me: Excellent! Going out with people will do you a world of good. You need people! Have a wonderful time.
DS: I really appreciate you and Dad. It's been hard here sometimes but ya'll always make it better. Love you!

Haven't talked with him today but I am pleased that his little chin seems to be back up again, at least for now.

Good day today, overall. Got the lawn mowed early before it got hot. Then, went to DS17's school and met with the GC to go over a few questions about how to submit the application. Following that, I got coffee with my friend (who is also DS20's GF's Mom) and we brought it here to the house and had it out on the deck and talked for a couple of hours. When that was all said and done it was 1:45 before I had my first meal of the day.. and it was after 11:00AM before I even had my any coffee!

Today was a DD for me. I had coffee, then I had a turkey LC wrap and a quarter apple. Around 5 I had a diet chai (LC and 20 cals) and then for dinner a Healthy Choice bowl and a quarter apple. Very satisfying food wise. I am finding that on a down day I am either really appreciating the food more (and the flavors) or else I don't enjoy it and have NO patience for sparing even one calorie on something I don't enjoy. KWIM?

I did have a headache today by early afternoon. I might try adding in some broth if that continues to see if it makes any difference or if it was just weather related or something.

Anyway, feeling good and clothes are fitting a bit better. Continuing on until I go out of town next Monday.
  #2349   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 18:55

BF:

NIC- I loved your conversation with your son!!!!!!! IT so made me SMILE ear to ear! I just knew he would adjust- in a heart beat and be just fine. He is after all from you!!!!!

LORI- GOOD on you to be the one to take advantage of an opportunity in the shopping realm !!!!!!- Are you still doing that app where you sell stuff?!?!?!?
Luck girl to get a massage!!!!!
I will be interested to see which service you love best!!!!!!

ME - - back on track. I so messed up my gut- it was easy to get back on plan. Sick being the big one! Buy hey - new day

So Nic in the spirit of beautiful conversations I will share one too!

815 Am this morning- phone rings....... DD number.... I answer HI honey

Kid: GIGI- IT"S MEEEEEEEEE- how are you
Me:- Sweetie!!!!!! Hi my little man! How are you I love my (name). How are you?
KID- I am finishing banana bread so I can go to lake and build sand castles- bread is not good- mommy says I need to eat
ME:- yes You need to eat before you play
KID- I guess.......I will play...... mommy says I will see you
ME- Yes I am coming to see you- after that we will have a party next week. Is there anything you want?
KID- Oh YESSSSSS..... pennies, tickles , dimes and quarters for my piggy bank!!!!
ME- Well GIgI go you that bank- I think I can get you pennies nickel and dimes
KID- Don't forget quarters!!!!!
ME- I will get you 4 since you will be 4
KidI would LOVE that - I love you to the infinity and forever..... click................ HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Dam I love that kid- I told my DD I wanted more kid time. Even if she just dials my number and hands phone to kid. I want talk time. She is doing that. It means the world to me- !

It set my day right as rain!!!!

And that is all I will say about today -

Oh ok one other thing - Dr. B ask me to write my own job description. So I did - and sent. I used the format of HR with they post job descriptions- why invent the wheel KWIM?
I had no patients today it was a training day- It was wonderful!!!!- no charting-
I was done today by 5. A regular day!!!!

I was talking to a co-worker friend of mine today- she met her husband on a dating app. They have been married 3 years. She also said she saw him first at a bar- THEn told him she was on a website. So I guess she actually met him in a bar- when you get technical. she said she was fit "then" She is super fit and weighs MAYBE 125- super barbie thin. She eats little and is a runner. (not going with an eating disorder - but I saw all her bones today) Neck stuff- back like a rail. she is really thin.
My son is very thin he can't help it. It didn't come from me!!!!! It bothers him the way being big bothers me!

Ok on WOE today- not great- no off rain- just didn't want to eat but did- stretched out tummy and it demanded food.
Got Chicken and coleslaw. Done-

took 15 minute walk and the heat took me home,

Day one of back on track !!!!
  #2350   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 20:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

SIGH. I think this thing has now morphed into a sinus infection. I was doing so well for a couple of days and then it's like Lori said, the "rebound flu" and everything that comes with it. I'm off to Urgent Care in the morning. Will be back when I can, but again, might be a couple of days judging on how I feel right now. SO sick of this crap.
  #2351   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 04:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz & Nic....I loved your conversations with your kids! Nic....I'm sure you feel better knowing DSon is adjusting and sounds happy. Isn't it also wonderful when they acknowledge everything you've done and continue to do for them? It truly is a sign of growing up and into their own. Jaz....that little boy is the cutest thing! I'm sure your heart melts when you hear that little voice.

Blue....I feel so bad that this bug just won't let go of you. I hope you get some good meds to finally kick it to the curb. Take care.

Trig.....what's happening? Hope all is well.

We had a nasty T-storm go thru during the night. One of the strikes of lightning was very, very close. It was like flash/bang right at the same time. Yikes. Thankfully it moved thru quickly. More storms on the way today.

I have Yoga this morning and it's a "diet" day. DH just said not to worry about dinner tonight as he's doing something with DS & DGS. Yay! That helps me out on a diet day. Eggs, eggs and more eggs for me.

Last night I made the Italian sausage flatbreads for dinner. So good. We couldn't eat it all, so I have a couple pieces for my next eating day. Tomorrow night will be a shrimp dish from Green Chef.

Bye for now.
  #2352   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 05:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue....sorry you got hit so hard. Yea the rebound sucks. You think you are on the mend, you get more active and boom, down ya go again. Hope the meds ya get work well. I remember I had 'vicious snots' and head/snotty cough situation for literally 3 months or so. It would less a ton then back full force. Lessen then back. It was horrifying. Amost drove me over the edge for having it so long, went batty. I hope it leaves you soon, rest a ton is best for you but it gets boring but don't overdo at all.

Try also the old face over a steaming bowl of water with a towel. Put in like a little eucalyptus or peppermint to help break the hold on the sinus. Works to open ya up for a bit but sadly isn't long term help, but short term you can breath thru your nose for a short bit of time Hey take whatever relief ya can get for as long as you can get

Jaz you got a wild azz job for sure. The patient situations you encounter are something just horrifying to read....I can't even imagine you having to handle them and then try so hard to help them change into more suitable housing and things. Red tape and more. You are such a great person to help people so well kind personality

Yea you went off the rails. It is letting those carbs back in. WE can't do it. I am SO wanting to eat 'a few junky carbs' on my UP day cause I can but I decided not to go that way cause I know me. Get those carbs into me and I want more and more. Yea I can fight like you did for so many days after eating some and then you want again. You have to have them again, even just a little, which we all know leads to carb creep for real and then we feel horrible. I so get ya~~ SENDING BIG MOJO YOUR WAY
  #2353   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 05:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

so I hit something and it posted real fast....who knows LOL
but starting another instead of edit the other

omg

anyway

Jaz it is TIME FOR REAL FOR YOU TO LET GO OF THE STRESS from work.

I heard it in your posts. You are so over it. I get it big time.

Take any personal days off you can. Take any vacay days off you can SOON. Just call in for a sick day and say screw it. PUT EFFORT INTO YOU AND YOUR BALANCE OF WORK AND YOUR WELL BEING. Oct is coming and you will know if you are in the layoff position or not, so hold strong, not much longer. KEEP BANKING most of what ya get for income. You will need it cause if they don't lay you off you will have to get another job and you might want to jump a bit before that so you WILL need a good nest to help you over any hump.

I feel for you in your position right now. I soooooo get it but you hold strong~

Nicco, AHH, so happy your kid is coming around and doing better and getting out and realizing he has to make his own life and betterment in any living position he is in, he gets it and he is doing it loved he knows how good he has it with great parents like you guys~~ When they figure that out it is such a nice feeling to the parents knowing all the crap while growing up was worth every penny of it....a bit of gratitude and knowing from the kids is a good thing

Healthy Choice bowls. Never really checked those out....will do it.

1.8 down with little effort~~~CONGRATS!!!!

WTF? I just typed you a long paragraph and it just disappeared...right in front of my eyes. OMG...…
geez

ok again I am typing this but short version

Don't overthink this Down/Up eating. If not hungry night before just eat light but decadent. Something you truly love but only eat til full and don't push it....cause your down day meals are fine, filling and you are happy with them right now, so you know you can have whatever you want on the UP day so hold strong thru the few days. It isn't forever ya know More I over think a plan the worse and worse I get...been there done that overthinking on it all and it only goes downhill.....SO YOU BE POSITIVE cause you are doing FAB!!! almost 2 down is great and it seems this is fitting your life good so hold strong on this plan...you got this my friend~

Lori I love hearing about your delivery meals. They are working well for you guys. I hope the Hello F is a good fit for you also....cant wait to hear the report on them later.

Your eggs are doing well for you...keep on trucking!

Flatbread. bought some for hubby, good brand I think and he said they are chewy and mushy kinda even after crisping up a bit.....what brand you buying? just wondering.

GREG--WHERE ARE YOU AT AND GET BACK HERE...YES I AM SHOUTING AT YOU

ok...today is off to moms for shopping
weather is brutal here....no air moving. outside is like an oven and stupid me shut down the pool early. I could kick me but when I feel it is over then it is over ya know, but I sure called these few extras weeks wrong with the pool LOL

no hiking right now. to hot
I am chomping at the bit to get flying again up some damn hill but not yet

kid hobbling a bit but not bad. she has 6 more days out of gym and I am sure she will do ok thru it all. kids, ugh, lol

UP eating day for me.
Have a ton of peel eat shrimp for dinner and some cocktail sauce.....brunch time depending on home from mom's trip might be big old cheeseburger patty with maybe some mushrooms with it.

I can't remember how long I have been doing up and down days but bloat finally left. feel thinner. no scale, not for like another 3 weeks cause I know I feel better and not worrying about scale....later I will see if some came off....right now just focusing on low eat/eat days and leaving it at that. I love hearing you guys say the scale is down, gives me good hope too

Lori you started a great revolution in our thread!!!!!
You hit a good new plan for us when we all needed just that!!!
Thanks my friend for finding something that is working so well for you and we seem to be following right along with ya in this!
It's all good!

off I go
  #2354   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 05:42

BF:

BLUE- Oh noooooooooo- darn! I am glad you are going to UC! Get some good Antibiotics hate this for you! Feel better! I was crossing my fingers it would not go that way. Broth, chicken soup! Stop and get some! Rest and more rest!

NIC- - see above! Loved you sharing your conversation with the DS20. Where are they going this weekend? I see you picked up a couple shifts this week! Good for you to have some spending cash for your upcoming trips!
I also wanted to comment on your DH getting better no surgery? How did it get better? I might have missed that part? Was he going to Therapy?
At any rate I am so glad that is resolving and will not impact him in a major way! Chronic crap is hard to deal with!

Trig- Hey there- you serving this melt zone? You must still be adjusting to your new scheduled with the kiddo! Curios What you are up to!

Lori- - I think I am going to be a cast away on your beach trip!!!!! - You lucky gal you! That is next week right?
Did you get your order?
------------------------------------------------
As par for the course I am LATE- gotta run.
Feel really good this morning. Went to bed by 9:30 slept till 6 when alarm went off. Tummy troubles diminishing and bloat almost gone. Whew........

Back on track!

Back later!
  #2355   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 05:43

BF:

Trig.....the flat bread came in my Green Chef box. I think it was actually called Organic Naan, but not sure of the brand and I threw out the wrapper. Anyway, I rubbed it with a little olive oil and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 3 or 4 minutes, then brought it out and put the toppings on. Back in the oven for 6 or 7 minutes...perfect. Crispy and not tough or mushy.
Closed Thread