Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2326   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 08:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back from our hour long walk, showered and washer is spinning. All that by 9:30!! No calories yet....holding off for 2 scrambled eggs around 11 or so.

Today will be spent planning my workout week. It's time to get serious about my low heart rate running training. I'm going to shoot for at least 4-45 minute sessions per week. Till you include the warm up and cool down walks, that will be over an hour each time. I have to make a schedule and stick to it. I also ordered a treadmill workouts book from Amazon to get me thru the Winter. It specifically lays out time, incline etc. The nice thing is you choose the speed and as you improve you just increase the speed to keep making progress. I think it will help as I find treadmill workouts so boring. All the comments on Amazon say the workouts go so fast as you're constantly changing the incline etc.

I'm thinking about going to NC again next April to my friend's for the Oak Island 10k. It was so much fun spending time with her. She took a fall over the summer and broke her wrist. She ended up in rehab and it was discovered that she has a back issue that is causing weakness in her legs....which is why she fell. Now she is using a walker & is unable to drive. I did notice that when I was there, she seemed to be having hip/leg trouble. Anyway, she is having back fusion surgery in less than 2 weeks and then back to rehab for a couple weeks. She is determined to get back to full activity and wants to do the 5k next April at Oak Island. I hope she can and if so, I think I'll go and do it again too....although I'll probably do the 10k again. Having a race scheduled is a great way to keep motivated to workout over the winter.

Enough of my rambling. Hope you all have a Sunday full of just what you want to do.
Sponsored Links
  #2327   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 08:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!!!

Lori- - Your day sounds restful!!- I love that. I haven't seen you post later regarding your arm. That must mean it's finally on the mend!!!!
Are you liking your Yoga class? What is your instructor like?

TRIG- - I feel your bloat!!! It has been a rough couple of eating weeks. I am trying to navigate what is working and what isn't. I just need to stick to the basics and this point.
I hate it when ya eat something and blow up! Is this up/ down thing working for you? Have you noticed a loss?

So you are going to brave the sun again?! Goodness please take your water and more water with you!!!!!! And stop if you get over heated. This heat is no joke. The 80's will feel like sweater weather after what we have been put through! Bring it!!!!

Did you get your pool covered and put away for the season? It has been so hot the pool would be like bath water.

So you are heading to Helen! I have had that on my bucket list for several months now! I will hit it up in Oct sometime during Oct. fest myself. I HEARD that the Ruben sandwiches were to die for! Just saying! - Not into pretzels, or beer!!! But it should be fun to see the festivities. Are you are the family coming via your RV? I know there is coming up there. Have you ever been before? You will have fun, and your hubby will be in wonderland! Beer and food!!!!

NIC-- Are you in hiking mode as well? I would not want a part time gig to be every weekend either. I would be turning those down!
You sound like you are in a really good place right now! Good for you. It is awesome to have some drama free time. Have you started any hiking like the other gals? I know that is a love of yours!

There was something I was going to ask you- but the phone rang and I talked to my kid, so it went right out of my head. Sometimes I start these posts and boom get interrupted with this our that and it takes me a minute to recenter. I will think of it I am sure.

I too a wondering if you have heard from your world traveler son? I am thinking so far so good. Is he sending pictures? Where is the GF staying?
------------------------------------------------------
So I could not bring myself to work yesterday. I plowed through my errands in ridiculous heat and got done with that. That sorta took the wind outta my sail. This heat is brutal.
So I sat in a "cool" house and browsed my books from the library, browed Indeed for job options and got caught up on laundry. Bella didn't even get her walk in yesterday it was too hot. I just let her out back to do her business and she ran straight back in.

I am ready for another set of books to browse. One was a cook book I plunged through- nothing hit me, it was mostly soups and broth. The other was a be your best self book...... yup got it. The other is a mystery who done it- I might crack that one.

Need to finish those 2 charts= 3 hours

Hum steak or grilled sausage with asparagus / or salad. Or I could just cook up both and have steak salad tomorrow already in fridge ready to pull out and eat. Yup- I will have it over chopped salad, add a hard boiled egg and wrap in pretty. I will eat that. I have that beautiful tomato still. I also bought some high end ranch dressing- the kind in the cooler section.

Well that is that food wise.
I got up in the middle of the night with tummy troubles. I think the salmon was so fatty it sorta ran right though. (TMI) - it was so good though.

I am OFF cheese day 3 now. It could have been a detox of that- who knows. I am fine now.
I AM going to take this pooch out for her walk- But I have to do it before the pavement gets so hot it burns her paws.
Just to let you know just HOW HOT it is here. Friday I forgot to take my Garmin off my dash board in the car. I got into my car after the patient visit and turned it on- dead as a door nail. the back side was melted. Seriously- melted.

I have Waze on my phone- I need to put it on my work phone, sh I. can use my personal cell for talking. I can't do both and I need both! I am not going to replace my GSP unit- they are sorta old school at this point. My car doesn't have it built in either. Something else to add to my todo list today. I have my ice tea in the fridge I just made and waiting for it to cool down!

This and that today- stuff that needs to be done by tomorrow. Oh and that vacuum detail!!!!!- I love a pretty floor.

I like the idea of a few frozen dinner "healthy choice/ or Adkins) as go to as well. I will look at some next time I go to the store!

Off into my day!!!
  #2328   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 09:51

BF:

BLUE- I swear I didn't forget you in the post!!!!!! XOXOXO-
I am a bit distracted today! So you get a post to yourself!!!!

How are you and the hubby doing? How is your appetite? I notice when I am sick- ie last month with the tummy/ stress issues and added rice for a good 3-4 days it derailed me a bit. I got the "taste for carbs."- Glad that didn't happen to you!! You even lost a bit!

How is your son doing these day? You know the holidays will be here before we know it. Do you have any plans for him to come home at all?

Is you pool closed now? I know you are not under this miserable weather TRIG and I are SUFFERING through. Are your leaves turning yet?

Oh... you ask about the GiGi name. That is a funny story. She when DD got pregnant - she is the first on all sides so none of us had "names".
So being the mom of DD- I was the first to pick. I did not want a "old" name. I heard someone down here in the south call herself Gigi- and thought, when I am a "grandma" I want to be a Gigi.

Now say Gigi with a French twist- sorta - (gee gee^) sorta exotic. So I picked that one. Which was funny because my SIL mom who is my age and stunning pretty wanted that one. Well she ended up with Mimi (ME ME )- whoever you spell it. We both ended up with pretty names.

That and the fact I have an awesome relationship with the kiddo.
Maybe someday you can be a Gigi too!!!! You know people of all walks of life are adopting too!
Just look at Hoda, the guy who played Doogie (what is his name). I had wanted to adopt a 3nd kid back when I was younger. I am content now to just have the little ones come and LEAVE!!!!!!

Get better!!!!!- Every day is better and better!!! Blowing some warms thoughts of healing your way! Wind beneath your wings

JAZ!!!
  #2329   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 16:31

BF:

End of another diet day! Probably the least hungry I've been on a low cal day. I had my 2 scrambled eggs a bit after Noon and then nothing until dinner. I decided to have a chicken breast instead of eggs.....just about the same, right? Just one step removed!

Jaz....arm/shoulder is better, but far from perfect. Still working with the Sports Chiro & massage therapist. Yoga is going better all the time, but some moves are still somewhat of a problem. I work around those. I just want to be able to play golf next year. I may have to alter my swing, but maybe I'll play better?? I can only hope.

Just some seltzer water for me this evening and then we'll see what I want to eat tomorrow. We're going to a cookout with DH's class reunion committee, so I'll probably have a bunless burger and who knows what else?

"See" you tomorrow!
  #2330   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 16:46

BF:

Lori- your eating sounds awesome!!!!
  #2331   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-19, 19:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Ha, happy to have my own little post from you! Thanx for the answer on GiGi. It just seems to really suit you.

Girl, I just don't know how you southern gals deal w/that heat! Hoping for you that the cooler breezes of whatever is fall in Atlanta are soon to hit for you.

Right now I'm going w/what Trig said regarding your woe. Keep it simple, no big changes, but always the opportunity for improvement---simply eating a bit less WHEN that works. But you have "enough on your plate" w/work right now---the stress, the driving, the charts, the worry. Wouldn't be surprised if your cortisol stress hormone is off the charts. Sometimes life has you on the hard path and when that happens no sense making things harder by asking for what is not coming naturally to you at his point in time.

I think you're doing a great job of doing the best you can right now. Yeah, sometimes that just has to be enough.

Nic---Oh my gosh, you brought back a memory to me w/you explanation of Italian words for grammas. Always nice to remember you spent a time living there.

Anyway, we had this large Italian Catholic family across from us when I was growing up. And they called their gramma Nonny, which way back then I thought was weird, and where did that come from? Well, you not only answered that question from the way back, you brought w/it a lovely memory of "Nonny" from across the street, who was a real pip!

You sound---calm to me. As in your birdies are all transitioned for now to their new paths, and you are kind of chillax. You deserve a time to just sit back a bit and inhale, then let it out long and sure.

Lori---Hey, would you mind sending me the link to that Amazon thing on using the treadmill? I have to find a way to keep moving thru the winter and I too find the treadmill deadly boring. But thinking if I can work out a quick routine on that, as well as the elliptical, and maybe a few weight machine things, like 5 to 10 minutes per machine adding up to the 30 minutes I was doing in the pool, it will be a good thing for me, and it's just 4 flights up on the elevator.

Glad you're thinking of signing up for a 10K. That always seems to work for you when you're looking for your mojo.

Trig---I am happy to hear hubby is venturing out w/you for some hikes. If he's at all like my hubby he usually says "no" first, and then comes around on things. And given how your hubby likes to eat "the world" that's a good thing for him. I did laugh at you increasing his life insurance. I mean what can you do, right?

Although I do have to say, when I met your hubby he looked pretty darn good weight wise. But we know that doesn't always tell what's going on in the inside.

How are you finding the UD and DD thing? I can really see how the DD thing wouldn't be that hard for you, except when it is. I think you said something a few posts back about how rigid/ demanding???---can't remember your exact words---you can be about your woe, and I hear that. I hear your fear of venturing out of the this or that, black or white.

But I say, what the heck, we never know when we've changed in some way we we're not aware of yet. There are things that work for me now that never would have before, and visa verse. It's always a moving target.

And oh boy, I SO GET you thinking about those pretzels in Helen when you get there and trying to get it all settled and controlled long before you get there. Been there. Often in fact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gals, I think I turned a corner today. Woke up with more energy than I've had in 2 weeks. AND, didn't need the bad meds to sleep last night. Got up and just felt a bit of a bounce in my step.

OMG, this place has been like a Kitty's litter box w/hubs and I both not feeling like picking up a thing. So today I took on half our place and really cleaned everything up. Tomorrow the other half.

Oh my, it feels so good to have things neat and ship shape again. Like Jaz I actually really like to clean when I'm in the mood---it is something that really gives back a reward for your work. Things are starting to sparkle around here again!

Plus, I got a new table cloth I bought on line---and this is how low energy I've been---I got it over a week ago and only opened it today. For me, that's sick, man. But today it energized me to open it and freshen up our dining area w/it. It looks so FAB!

We've had a cool, cloudy and a bit rainy weekend. I've actually enjoyed it, except I keep hoping to get back down to the pool, which is still open here, but I suspect will be closed in the next week. Hoping for one more sunny, warm enough day now that I'm feeling better to get down there for an adieu to summer moment.

So it's a bit after 8 tonight and I haven't had a thing besides my iced coffee w/cream. And I'm not a bit hungry. Tempted to just make it a fast day, but do have the makings for a nice salad so I'll think I'll go w/that. Ice berg lettuce, hard boiled eggs, bacon, black olives and pine nuts, w/Sirracha ranch dressing because I don't feel like making my own. Have run myself out of my glorious energy.

Hoping it's there for me tomorrow.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Sep-08-19 at 19:21.
  #2332   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 04:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Another good night's sleep with the furry alarm clock outside. We don't make her stay out every night, but sometimes I just need a night or 2 of uninterrupted sleep! As it gets colder out at night, she'll be more content to be in and won't want out so early. Speaking of colder...mid 50's this morning! I was going to just put my running clothes on first thing, but reached for my sweatpants and sweatshirt instead!

Well, today marks 3 weeks of the Every Other Day Diet. I'm down 6 lbs. I'm happy with that result. Hoping to get a couple more pounds off before we leave for our beach trip. I really don't think I'll gain much while I'm away as we walk SO much and burn a bunch of calories. I will miss a couple "diet" days, but no worries. We typically don't eat a lot of junk, it's the extra drinks that catch up with me.

Blue.....so glad that you're feeling better! It will take you a few days to have all your pep back, but you're on the way! An unopened package? Oh yeah....you were a sick girl! Here's the link for the treadmill book:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Tre...ks%2C145&sr=1-3

Not sure when I'll get my run in today. Having not eaten yesterday, I just don't feel like I have enough energy to do it on empty this morning. I think I'll go later today after my Chiro appt. The party we're going to tonight doesn't start until 6, so I have plenty of time this afternoon.

I'll be back later to see what you're all up to.
  #2333   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 06:03

BF:

Good Monday Morning-

Lori--thanks for putting up that treadmill link! So I was thinking that You tube might have a "walking video"- that you walk to?!- I bought a TV and stuck it beside the treadmill in hopes I would actually use it! - Remember I just HAD to have it. NEW- It is STILL NEW!!!!!!!- HAHAHAHAH- not funny

I too have got to give you props for signing up for a race! You have really evolved in this. I wondered what would take the place of boot camp. Do you ever miss boot camp? Do you have a place called Orange Theory up there?
It is a gym for people like you. People that are a bit more fit and what a challenge. Not quiet boot camp- but not the Rec center either.
I think if you could find one you would THRIVE in a place like that.
I need more of a NO JUDGEMENT ZONE....... environment!!!

BLUE- SO glad you have turned that corner in the land of the living. I do hope you get ONE MORE putting to your pool!
How is your hubby feeling? Where in the world would you BOTH get sick like that? Sighhhhhhh I guess it could be anywhere!

Yes Gigi suits me just fine. Especially that sweet voice who calls me that. THAT BOY- gosh a cutie!!!! It is so precious to watch him figure out his world.

So are you back at work now that you feeling better. Weren't you in a project?
I love a pretty new table cloth!!!! It is the little things that brings extra color!
I think I shared I could a fall one- all the colors of fall. It is even linen at the thrift store!
Love to find a treasure there! I usually wonder over to the books!!

What does your week look like?
Thank you for your kind words regarding my work stress! I feel I whine to nauseam. It is hard to separate ones self from what I do all day- and into the night!

NIC- I love your stories of your time in Europe as well. I truly think that people who travel and live abroad for a while have such a better view of the world.
I think your DS- is going to have that as well! Speaking of, have you heard from him lately?

Yup- this is your opportunity to catch your breath and take in the quiet space. It will pick up as the year comes to a close an you will be a busy bee again.

TRIG- PLEASE be careful this morning on your hike! They are putting out warnings here on even being outside! You are only a few hours from me! So I know you have the same weather! Brutal is the only word for it!

I am glad however you are getting the mojo to get out and get moving!!!! -
I too was wondering if you are loving the UP/Down diet?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I had a nice weekend! I just rested most of it. I did my errands early, due to the oppressive heat. We have a "cool" front for later in the week. Will knock the temp to the mid 80's- HA- real cool!!!

I stay 90% on plan WOE- Yes I could do better!!!! One day at a time! For now- that is all I got! Not off the rails by any means. But I could tighten it up a bit.
This is a new week! New day! -

So yesterday I my manager called me to tell me that my calendar was light today. I didn't take her call, for seven sake it was SUNDAY!!!- So she emails me. Can you say bully!!
I was finishing up a chart yesterday when her call came though- then her email.
So I responded that I would take this afternoon to work on my REQUIRED CEU for my License. I need 24 before Jan. I might as well start knocking them out. So yes- I will take this afternoon to get a couple.

I got a snotty email back stating that the EXPECTATION is to have 4-5 patients on my calendar and me taking an afternoon would affect my productivity. MY response?
If I don't have a license I won't be seeing anybody, I am taking the afternoon. I said it nicely but that was the gist. I seriously don't care anymore. I am looking out for MY best interest. I couldn't give a flying flip about the NUMBERS!!!- These are people not f'n NUMBERS.
I get it- this is health care at it's best- HEAD IN A BED.

I am going to take a quick 20 minute walk as soon as I hop off here and before it gets beastly hot. I need to get a walk in.

Today is sausage and eggs- no cheese, little bit of butter and that is all for me. Oh and plenty of Ice tea! I need a "clean" eating day- with LOW calories as well!!!!!- What to get some of the bloat off.

I listen to pod casts when I get in bed and fall asleep listening to them. I need to re-listen to the one from last night. It was about how unhealthy dairy really is- on ALL fronts. I fell asleep!

Ok- off for my walk!!!

Have a wonderful Monday- todays goal for me: Find 5 things that make me joyful. Do 1 act of Radom kindness. Report later.
  #2334   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 06:22

BF:

Jaz.....good for you for standing your ground with the manager.

What are the names of your favorite podcasts? I listen to them while I run/walk. I'm always looking for new ones to spark my interest.

Orange Theory sounds interesting, but would be far too much with my shoulder the way it is. I would not be able to do boot camp with this shoulder either. Time for me to admit that I'm almost 60 and need to ramp down the intensity of my workouts. Too strenuous equals stress equals cortisol equals weight gain. I think I'll be better off with more gentle workouts and just do them more often. Having this injury has really changed my attitude. I need to be smart and not just bull headed.

Ok....time to eat! I just baked some bacon and I'm going to wolf some of that down with a fresh sliced tomato with mayo. One of the last tomatoes of the season from our few plants.

Later!
  #2335   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 06:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I think having a race or two to look forward to is a great idea. You like having those types of things on your calendar to motivate you!

Congrats on the six pounds down on two weeks! That is fabulous!

Jaz- I hope the cheese detox makes you feel better and clears out your system.

The heat you guys are having is just horrible. I think it will be clearing out pretty soon though, right?

Blue- How sweet that you had a family with a Nonny across the road! I had never heard those terms before I met my DH, actually. It's fun to learn all the names folks use in other countries like Baba and Yiayia etc.

SO GLAD that you are turning that corner. Really makes you grateful for that spring in your step, doesn't it? Try not to overdo and you will be right as rain!

••••••

Ravens had a super great first game yesterday against the Dolphins. I don't remember the final score but it was a decisive victory and a franchise record in touchdowns during the first half. Our new QB is a young buck who is excited and has a great attitude. Enjoying Football Sundays again!

So DS20 had a great time with his GF over the weekend in Brussels. However, when he got back to the train station in Amsterdam, his bike was gone. Apparently he didn't hook it up to the bike rack correctly and so the police came and took it. There were signs but they were in Dutch and he couldn't read them. He was not happy. He will have to take public transportation over an hour to go get it back and pay whatever the fine is. All part of the learning curve, we know, but he was tired and stressed by it- he already has a class and was opening a Dutch bank account today. He'll be fine. I'll check in with him in a while. He's six hours ahead.

Things are fine with the other kids. Didn't hear from DD this weekend and DS17 was in chill mode this weekend. Not much homework yet and with it being senior year I am giving him more free rein (or rope, as it were, in his case) to figure out his own time, make his own decisions etc. I won't check his grades until mid quarter review and even then I may just tell him to tell me if he has anything below a B, which I don't expect he will.

Looks gray and like rain today. I was considering a hike and may still give it a shot; we'll see. I did get over 10K steps in yesterday.

Today is a DD and my UD went well yesterday. Knowing I can have whatever has been a good release valve for me. I am not overeating, not feeling anxious, am spending more time thinking about what I actually want to eat, and also am finding that it is easy to set things aside and not finish them bc there is only a day in between. So far, so good. Especially good mentally with this.

That being said, I am thinking this will be darn near impossible during my week long trip a week from today. Not sure how I'm going to handle that time period. I did also get my ticket to visit my Dad in mid October, and then we leave for Amsterdam at the very end of October. Sort of feeling like too much travel, honestly.

Have a great day!
  #2336   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 17:18

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---Thanx for the link! I know what you mean about "gentling" up on the work outs, although yours are still a good bit more challenging than mine---haha, like a 10K race. But yeah, there does come a time when imo, what's important is more about keeping yourself moving in healthy but non punishing ways than challenging your aging body to a duel.

Congrats on your 6 pound loss. That is excellent for 3 weeks!

Jaz---You go girl w/that awful mgr. I'm starting to think she's all smoke and mirrors--- as in one of two things are going to happen. They're going to close down the whole operation, including you, OR they're going to keep on keeping on for a time yet, in which case they can't afford do lose you! Yep, that's what I'm thinking, and whether I'm right or wrong you have nothing to lose by doing your job well AND sticking up for your boundaries.

Nic---I have forgotten where you're going for a week before you go to Amsterdam? Is it a girlfriend thing? Where are you going? Yeah, when a lot of travel comes all together it does get tiring. OTOH, once you've done the arranging and packing, it sure is a lot of fun.

I was interested to hear how this every other day thing is working for you mentally, first and foremost. Which is great because that's where it really all happens. As for your trips, I agree, pretty hard to do this kind of plan on vacay---heck, hard to do ANY plan on vacation. But the nice thing is, it will be waiting for you when you get home from your travels---a path you've just begun to experiment with that may hold great promise.

Trig ---

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a real gloomer weather wise here today. Cold and rainy. But hubby is making his excellent oven baked chicken w/onions and garlic and the place is feeling so cozy w/good smells and the sense of fall.

In fact, LOL, I happened to stumble upon this 18" Charlie Brown Xmas tree that is coated w/snow and fairy lights. It would be so great on my round library table. But you'll all be glad to know I resisted ordering it today, put it on my wish list. Yeah, CRAZY to order it now, but I really wanted to.

Had an OK day on the woe. Grazed a bit here and there, including some bites of not LC things. Still, nothing way off plan, will end up around 35 to 40 carbs today. I'm Ok w/it. Holding on to my 9 pound loss and for now I'm feeling Ok w/not horsing it. So many days of feeling crappy, just happy to have turned a corner, although not totally w/out this thing yet.

Giving myself the rest of this week to keep it easy and chill, and hoping that next week I will begin some kind of new exercise thing. I can feel that my body misses the movement it got all summer in the pool.
  #2337   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 19:15

BF:

OMG.....I'm up late! It's 9:15 and we just got home from the cook out. I ate a bit too much, so I'm going to do a "diet" day tomorrow. I need it. I don't know why I think I have to do Mon, Wed, Friday......Tuesday and Thursday will work just as well and then I'll throw in a Saturday or Sunday.

Had a good Sport Chiro appt today. She says we're making good progress. Then I went for a little run/walk and ran some errands. Home to hang out a bit before getting ready for the party. Whew! Full day for me!

Yoga tomorrow morning and then some more errands. Ready for a good low calorie day.

Have a good night!
  #2338   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 04:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you late night party hound~ Had me laughing on that late night cause I am the same now Any time I am out late after dark I tell hubby that it is a miracle.

SUPER CONGRATS
I am so glad you hit onto a plan that shakes up the body a bit. It is what we all needed, that little kick of a change to get us moving in a new good direction.

Jazz, um, read the emails and other crap from these people and laugh all the way to the bank doing exactly what you want to do Just do your work and screw it cause you know at some point a nice new job is gonna land on your doorstep (cause your still looking right) or that Oct. layoff will come and that will be a super blessing....things are gonna change for ya and hold strong.

Blue glad you are better. Be slow with your days tho cause you could get that little relapse when ya do way too much too soon and get super tired again and NO Christmas trees yet and don't even be saying those words

Nicco so cool about Brussels and him learning all about his new country, even tho a visit from the po po about his bike stinks

I am glad you are finding this a good mental plan to attack, easy on the brain. It really is. You know when I was doing more 1-2-3 days of fasting it weighed on me heavily, that deprivation factor....but the every other day seems more doable and calming to my crazy brain. I get you on that!

Greg where are ya? Need a check in

Didn't do a hike. omg so hot, hit 94 and real fast it was so hot....last night never cooled down, hot out already this morning. just stagnant and no air moving. I am backing down hikes for a little til a good kick in the weather drops these temps a bit. This morning I will be doing 'Walk Away the Pounds' and do a 3 mile easy hike in my living room

I know a week or 2 these temps will decline a bit to where I can hike more easily.

Nothing much doing. Handling some chores around here that need doing.

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Sep-10-19 at 04:11.
  #2339   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning!

We overslept a bit after I got up early with you know who. I was able to fall back to sleep fairly quickly and before I knew it, DH was rushing around getting ready for work. He stayed up late watching the football game last night, so he got a late start this morning.

The place we were for the party last night was SO nice. A beautiful house with a screened in gazebo on the back and then the in ground pool, a building with a kitchen and bathroom. To the side of the building is a porch that has a fireplace....geez....talk about a great place for a party. They had the fire going as it was getting cool as the sun went down. Their property backs right up to some woods....just a great setting. But.....SO much to take care of! Yikes!

Well, I'll see how a low calorie day goes after doing Yoga. Could be a little rougher than usual. I'll have my scrambled eggs for lunch and then hard boiled eggs for dinner. I have some leftovers for DH, so he'll be covered.

Tomorrow my Green Chef box arrives and I also used a coupon code to get Hello Fresh. I didn't intend to have Hello Fresh start this week, but I screwed up so now I have 2 meal service boxes arriving tomorrow! Good grief! I'm going to pause Green Chef while I try Hello Fresh, but it was too late in the week to pause it for this week. I'll be stupid with food tomorrow! I'll freeze the meat and somehow figure out how to use it all. I think one of the Hello Fresh meals is chili, so I can make that and freeze it. I'm hoping I have things set up right so no meals come next week when I'm gone. Poor DH won't know what the heck to do!

Time to finish my coffee and get ready for Yoga. Have good days!
  #2340   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-19, 06:05

BF:

OMG I am posting before LORI- I might just need to post this very fast post to get the "spot" Lori- you PARTY ANIMAL!!!!!!!- WHOOT!!!!- HAHAHA

LORI
I so agree that gentle IS so much better for our bodies. "They" are doing studies that the rough and punishing exercise is hard on our bodies and results in early DEATH. Yup that is what I wrote- EARY death. The theory is that your body can only take so much and if you use it all up in the gym you're done!!!
Now this study also went on to say that SITTING all day was like smoking a pack of cigarettes. So the answer is exactly what you are doing- easy, daily moving! Walking and moving, stretching- YES and YES!!
You wrote you are close to 60- that blows my mind! Hardly!!!!!-
I am so resistant to "getting old". Note I did not say aging gracefully. But it is funny that I was recently on the dating site and most guys I was interested in are 50, 51, early 50's. And anything older than that I thought- OMG. Then I had to REMEMBER I am MID 50's!!
I really do forget I am that number. I FEEL 30's.
The interesting thing- have you ever taken that test called "your true age? You plug in stats, Sleep, weight, movement, stress, etc and it spits out the age of your body- I scored 62. WHAT?!?!?!-

You NAILED it - STRESS= Corisol= weight gain!!!!! I am more and more and more convinced I am not losing weight and have stopped losing weight about a year ago is right about the time our dept was under a hostil take over. It was last Oct. That the hair puller boss was forehand the new management took over our program and sh*t has been hitting the fan ever since.
Sorry I just had to go there. But I do agree about cortisol.

Humm podcasts: I had listened to Dr. Lustig, and Jason Fung, I like listening to TED talks too! I listen to the ones that are positive.
What do you listen to?

NIC-
- Wow you have some big travel coming up! I would trade you!!!!! I know it can be tiring and overwhelming to always be "on the road". However it sure beats sitting hunkered over a computer screen all day!
You are coming to pick up the car right? Then off to see your dad and THEN to Amsterdam? That is a lot!!!! But I know you will love that trip!!!!

That sorta sucks regarding your DS20getting his bike impounded. That is harsh! Was he parked in a no parking zone? What do you mean he didn't secure it properly? That is crazy to me!
Glad though he had a great time in Brussels!!!! He will be more than ok despite a few knocks here and there!
Happy the rest of your chicks are doing well!!!!

BLUE-- You are sounding back to your spunky self!!! Tell me about this table top tree!!! I was thinking believe it or not the other day about Christmas and I am not feeling it to decorate this year. I know I won't be here anyway. I was thinking as I read your post a table top tree would work so well on my hutch as well. Do you have the link?
I just don't feel like lugging out a huge tree. Seriously it is just "one more thing". I am too that point. So your solution might work for me too!

I love that home and cozy feel! Chicken in the oven, rainy and cool! I would take that about now!!!!!! I am MELTING!!!!-
Have you given the holidays much thought? Maybe you could do a quick trip to CA for a few days! Sometimes Airlines have sales.

I bring it up because it is a topic in our family right now! Who is doing what. And of course there is the issue of my mom. Nobody wants to go to her house including me this year. I have yet to inform her I have other plans. It will go over like a lead ballon. Oh well that is another post.

I am glad you are getting your mojo back. What is up in the project world?

TRIG- - Nope looks like you are first poster!!!!! HEHEHEH- How is that 5:30 am schedule working for you? Do you really need to get up with the kiddo? I think it great you do! I was always up with the kids because I was getting home from working 3nd shift about the times they were getting ready. Then off they would go and I would go to bed and sleep until I heard the bus pull up in front of our house. Then I would get up and have my "first cup of coffee at 330pm! DAM that seems a life time ago! It goes fast my friend!!!! TRUST ME!

Did the kiddo ever get her school clothes in order?

So are you camping in Helen? I will be interested in what you think of it. I plan to take the "kids" maybe in Oct as well. They would like that- ESPECIALLY if I am buying lunch!! HAHAHAHAH
-------------------------------------------------------------
Another day of melting oppressive heat. I was thinking if there is a word that can truly captures what this inferno feels like. Maybe that was the word- inferno!!!! Volcano, furnace, FIRE, ......... Hot molten stagnate air.

So I got a call last night that another casualty of a awesome co-worker put in her resignation. This one will come as a huge blow to our program. It is one of the managers. Remember I was one of 4. The 4 of us worked together. Then I lost my position. Then there was the 3 of them.

Well the one who is leaving is the one I had the MOST respect for, She was the one that encouraged me to go back to school. I have the utmost respect for her. Not her fault they took that option from me.
She and I have have done much a few times. She is a good and hard worker. "They" have got to SEE. I flat out told our VP that the rotating door will not stop until this program gets it act together. It is BRUTAL.
My co-worker told me that she put up with the 15+hours a day until her marriage started taking its toll. She was on the ledge. We all are!!
She is quitting with nothing else lined up right now. she just wants to put back her marriage. This job robbed her of time. It is robbing us all- and they just keep pushing and pushing. They are also not going to replace her. Equals more work for the rest of us.
BLUE- They are going to keep on keeping on until it is totally broken into the ground. They are no longer talking about layoffs, we are now a beyond a skeleton crew.

It reminds me of a rocket plunging towards Earth at warp speed and pieces are falling off in flight. The different is there will be no soft landing. The pieces are FLYING off- safety net gone. It will crash and burn and the management will just try a new project and leave carnage for the buzzards to finish off.

Yup-
So yesterday I ended up not doing CEU's in the afternoon. No, I saw this patient who desperately needed and advocate. So I took the afternoon and worked on getting the state and Ombudsman involved on her behalf. She ask me to help her do it. She is a YOUNG gal. She is 55, and had a massive stroke at 43. Her entire Left side never recovered. She has no family or kids. She lives in a group home. They abuse her. I noticed a huge bruise on her face and arms. They dropped her and then scream at her for being to fat! She weighs 140.
The place was a H3ll hole. The roaches and filth was more than I could take. The smell of urine was everywhere. Nobody should have to live like that. Nobody!!!! -
I am sending in the SW today to start paper work for alternate housing and services.
I also want to SHUT that place down. So that was my day yesterday.

I had no appetite after that visit. I ended up having 3 scrambled eggs over 1/4 cup ground sausage. One 6oz once glass of wine. That was it. I woke up today feeling less bloat. I am thinking about having another LOW DAY- too. I am not doing the up/down thing. I am doing what my body feels like.
The heat and stress and making my stomach churn. No heat relief in the forecast yet. 90's for another week- no rain. SCORCHED EARTH.

Will I will take my cheery self to see my first of 4 patients. It will be a driving day as well as I will be in the hood.

Check in later- Have a good one ladies! What ever happened to Greg?
Closed Thread