Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2266   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-19, 07:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz....your day with the Rich & Famous sounds awesome! Plus, you get to do it again today?? Luuuucky! Have a blast....you deserve it!

The Palmini "pasta" is 6 net carbs for the whole can, but I can't imagine eating the whole can. It is 12 carbs and 6 fiber in the whole can. I have half leftover for my diet day tomorrow.

After 2 weeks on the Every Other Day Diet, I'm down 4.5 lbs. Now.....that will no doubt pop back up a bit after today's eating day, but the trend is going down and I really don't mind the diet days. This week I weighed every day and averaged it out and the average is down 1.5 lbs. Painfully slow, but heading in the right direction.

DH wanted sausage & eggs for breakfast, so I made that and got the kitchen cleaned up by 8:30. Now my washer is chiming for me. Geez.....Jaz is living life with the rich and famous and I'm making a greasy breakfast and schlepping laundry around. So this is what my life has come to?

Have fun everybody!
Sponsored Links
  #2267   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-19, 18:17

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi- I am JAZ but you all can call me JAZ........... Pleasure......
Spent the day on the lake in a 3 story lake house with a yacht and floats on the lake, jet ski's and paddle boarding. up on the main house is 3 separate outdoor screened in cabana style areas- all had big screened TV, music and view of the lake. The lower level are over looked the waterfall pool and unground hot tub- over looking the lake.
Around the side of the house is the "play area for either target practice or ax throwing.

The lower level seems about 70 comfortably. That is just seating, over stuffed couches, tables, and chaise lounges. That doesn't include the lower level kitchen for pool side with also an entertainment area. With another are for setting around a wall size TV.

They took the boat out and there was about 80 adults with maybe 15 kids of all ages.
People flew in from all areas to this reunion/ birthday party.
I sat beside "ma". She introduced me as her "adopted neighbor", who has been so kind, and that was it- I was in. "Ma is the matriarch.
I also started taking pictures as everyone came in and and were welcoming everyone. I was sorta just behind the quite and took all these pics- and nobody minded. I ask people to smile, took pic's when they weren't watching and got about 100 of them and sent them all to my neighbor. She cried and said that was the best gift ever. I got picots of everyone there just doing their thing. I was accepted and a few people ask me to send me pics after I took a few of their kids and "ma"- so they could have the pics too!It was really nice.

After I was there for a few minutes they were not the ultra rich. They were people embracing each other, smiling, interacting, and laughing and just people. I got real good pictures of relationships. And people knew I was doing it for my neighbor, plus I was discreet about it. The best pictures were the ones where they didn't know I was capturing them.

They were kind, and gracious and it was a lot of fun. I was ask if I wanted to go on the boat. I just didn't. I have had a very slight headache and was comfortable under the cabana fans and had my ice tea. Was not even in the mood for wine! I think I was a bit dehydrated. I drove separate as the party is expected to go on into the night, although I would except that "Ma"will be home early as she turned 86 today. She is not well either.

Who would have know that my neighbors who live in a "dollhouse" like me have family money like that. I have know them for 2 years and had not a clue. Ma sat beside me today and told me her story of how she came to live in the doll house. She had a huge home in CT and and some of the family lived in CT and NJ. Well after her husband died she stayed in her home for a year and then wanted to down size and not live there so she sold it.

She lived with her son and DIL for about 6 months in the "cottage" off the main house. But then felt like she wanted more space. She tried moving into an upscale apt for awhile but could not deal with neighbors. So after her daughters moved down to GA and her son she can down here and saw the division of "dollhouses and loved them so much she flat out bought one.

She feels it is all she needs at her age. Her other daughter, my (friend) got divorced and then MA got sick and the DD moved in to take care of her and she has lived here 14 years. The age of the houses here.
It was an interesting story.

All in all it was a great day. I am more tired than expected. I have a slight headache and am glad I am home in the AC. I did pretty well with the food. OMG- was there a spread as you can expect. I did ok. I could have gone hog wild but didn't. I did however have a scoop of adult Mac and cheese and it was to die for. But I stopped there and that was that.
A bunless steakburger- (of course Angus steak burger). I skipped the wine, and opted for my hibiscus tea all afternoon.

I wanted to watch a movie tonight but I would be asleep before it would be over.

Personals tomorrow!!!!!!!-

Pretty tired!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!- Blue- how are you feeling???
  #2268   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-19, 19:23

BF:

too many typos to care about or correct- ya'll get the gist!!!!!
  #2269   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 05:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori....WOW and CONGRATS
it seems an up and down day is fitting into your life pretty good and you are getting great results if ya ask me....we all know it can never come off fast enough LOL but I think you getting that result in 2 weeks is wonderful. You are controlling kcals now and it is making a difference for ya and that is

I tried the UpDown a long time ago. I think I wasn't ready for it in a way cause I was all over the place learning LC and never gave it a good shot after that....you got me interested again. I am doing the 2-3 days of fasting (with some blimps in eating on some of those days) and my mind is saying you way is sounding a lot better than my way I think it might fit more in line with me and how I do eat so I am doing your way. UP/DOWN, JUDDD or whatever it is called...going for it just like you.

Jaz is part of the lifestyles of the rich and famous now Very fun to read of your adventures and you are now in with MA!!! Smart gal, line up with the power of the rich

I groom the dog as he stinks he gets nasty with the furry hair dragging the ground, we cut a little of that but he has a tendancy to pee on his hair when lifting his leg etc and he gets SO wet from the ground. Then he digs for moles! The red clay dirt is horrible. I can not give him a bath like they do ever, he smells great from them, I use a fancy dog shampoo that smells fab etc and then he stills smell like wet dog after I bathe him and even with doggie cologne I can't make him smell SO CLEAN like they do so it is worth a lot of baths from the groomer to be able to have this critter in my house HAHA

hey all
kid came home crippled. she got hit with a dodgeball and I am sure when they threw it at her legs she twisted, swiveled etc to avoid and nailed her knee. swelled up, she is on crutches we have in the house and icing like crazy. f'ing gym with dodgeball....who in the hell wants to get hit with a ball on their body? Not one person on this planet, well maybe one HAHA
She is improving.

we cancelled mall for today. she can not walk the mall so next weekend probably.

hubby working on ATV maintenance for hunting coming up and I am cleaning pool for closing down and putting the cover on tomorrow and being done. Mind to hiking now. Got a theme, waterfall hikes. Been googling all waterfall trails around me and hubby said he would try hikes and see what goes down..cool

I am doing what Lori is doing
Got to move the scale more....I have to go in REAL WEIGHT LOSS phase and I might as well just do it. I am going to 'control it all' NOW and make it all about scale moving down vs. just up and down the same 5 lbs. So over it all I have to say but Lori gives me new hope to get it all moving good again hopefully!!

Today is brunch time I will hit up some shrimp
dinner today is ribeye steak and maybe some mushrooms with it

that will come in good on kcals today and tomorrow will be my DOWN day and I will stick to like 250/300 calories in my day.

so lets see what this gets me LOL

I got my mind in a pickle kinda thinking....like I feel like I need to do something and get my body moving and JUST get into a good solid plan and get results and then my mind says screw it all Mojo kinda out the window but I guess with the new season I best start putting me into a solid good plan and get some darn results and get hikes started and more.....ugh it all seems like darn work and alot of it LOL but I will do what I gotta to get this happening on this end.

off I go....great day all
  #2270   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 06:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....Welcome to the Every Other Day Diet! I'm a part of some FaceBook groups and also have the book by Dr. Krista Varady and according to everything I've read, it is important to not eat low calorie on your eating(UP) days. If you do, your body will go into conservation mode. So....the advice I've read is to eat 3 meals, plus any treats you want on your eating days. It is the difference between the 500 calorie(diet) days and the days where you eat "normally" that make the plan work. That being said, I don't count calories on my normal days..at all. I still stay fairly low carb/high fat as that is what I like, but when I'm hungry I eat and I eat till I'm full. Trying to learn to listen to my body on those normal days. Some days you'll be more hungry and some days less.....that's the way it goes. The important thing is keeping your "diet" days at 500 calories or less and not restrict on your eating days. Good luck!

Jaz....WOW...what a day you had! It all sounds fabulous. Are you back to reality today? Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yesterday I decided to take myself out to lunch on my eating day. I walked a bit over a mile to the main street of our little town to try a new cafe that I have been wanting to try. OMG.....I had the BEST grilled cheese sandwich with tomato & bacon on sourdough bread. First time I've had bread in a long while. I also had an iced coffee.....yum, yum. After lunch I walked back home and logged just about 3 miles. It was lovely. I had breakfast yesterday too, sausage & eggs. Then for dinner I made a pork loin and ate some of that with some sauteed edamame and some dried figs. Oh...and some low carb mint chocolate chip ice cream! Talk about an eating day!! Scale only up 2/10ths of a pound from that extravaganza, so I have high hopes that after today's "diet" day, the scale will drop to a new low. Fingers crossed!

I'm getting ready to head out for a run/walk this morning. It is a bit chilly, so a light jacket will be required. Trying to get out before the rain.

Have good days!
  #2271   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 06:58

BF:

Lori....oh this ain't the JUDDD thing I was reading long ago?

this is the 'Every Other Day Diet?' different? I will have to research that on the net

so it is eat not more than 500 on down days

and up days eat like one would normally do....of course one can low carb that day as needed

I can't do 3 meals per day. I just can't eat early AM, never could. So I can do 2 easily. Brunch time meal around 12-1 time and then do a dinner and I can EASILY add in a 3rd 'treat LC snack' later in the day....

would that work?

It would be nice to know I could 'eat more on an up day' and not worry in a way and I can easily CONTROL a down day, been doing that a lot anyway so....

you got me so interested in a new way to do it for me for sure!

I will go off and google Dr Varady etc for info but I don't do facebook so I won't be there any time soon me and my old ways, I just can't get onboard with that stuff HAha,...yea me the dinosaur and always will be

You gave me that renewed interest to pursue, something I kinda needed.....you know when it all goes into funky tired of it all land and you need a new push, you gave it to me so I will run off and find info on the net about it all....THANKS a lot Lori...reading along with ya and then seeing your results might put me somewhere good

cool
  #2272   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 07:24

BF:

ok what I found is

by Krista Varady, Ph.D. and Bill Gottlieb, CHC

This is a revolutionary, science-proven, easy-to-follow diet, based on Dr. Varady’s groundbreaking research at the University of Illinois into alternate-day modified fasting. You’ll lose weight and improve your health—while eating anything you want and all you want, every other day.

Diets present you with a complex and daunting set of rules to be obeyed—or else. They tell you what you can eat and can’t eat. They tell you how much you can and can’t eat. They often tell you when you can and can’t eat. There are nutritional superstars and nutritional pariahs.

But in the Every-Other-Day Diet, you’ll find only one rule: eat no more than 500 calories on Diet Day, eat anything you want and as much as you want on Feast Day, and alternate those two days. That’s it! No counting calories, carbs, fat or protein. No avoiding any particular food; all foods are allowed. There are no complex meal preparations and plans.

In the Every-Other-Day Diet, you’ll unlock the secret to rapid and sustained weight loss and never endure every dieter’s nightmare: daily deprivation. Alternating between “Feast” days in which you eat whatever you want, and “Diet” day in which you eat 500 calories, you’ll lose: pounds, belly fat—and improve your health. Without giving up the foods you love.

just some info on what I am looking at now.....with tweaks of course
  #2273   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 07:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori and Trig- You guys have me interested in possibly joining in as well. What kinds of things do you go for on Down days, Lori? Are there web pages that suggest ideas and if so, could you direct us to a couple of them?

Lori- congrats on your weight loss!! You are doing really really well.

Trig- I am so sorry to confess that when you said your kid came home crippled, I laughed. That is just such a Trig way to say it. LOLOLOL You should have her watch the movie Dodgeball this holiday weekend.

Your waterfall hike plans sound great!

Jaz- Sounds like you had a really nice time with your neighbor at the family shindig! I love being the photographer.. it allows me as an introvert to participate yet hold some distance.

BTW I think you would really like the book The Millionaire Next Door if you haven't already read it. Many wealthy people don't lead glittery lives! Here is a nutshell version:

https://thepowermoves.com/the-milli...next-door-book/

Blue- So worried about you, dear one. I hope you are recovering. I miss you but take whatever time you need to rest your eyes and body. xoxoxox

••••••••••

Hi all-

Things are good here. My back is nearly fine now. Still just a titch tweaky but I am no longer a 'pretzel back' like I was on Wed, TH and Fri. I can walk fully upright now with just a little hitch now and again.

Going to a party today at one of my Bestie's houses. She and her DH own a 'pet resort' in a neighboring town and there is a house on the property that they have been renovating. They are having a bluegrass band and food etc. Should be a good time!

Had dinner out last night with Dh, DS17, DD and SoIL. We went to a new Greek restaurant that has just opened up in the last couple of months and had really good reviews. We thought it was just okay though. Still, fun to get all together. I love having DD and SoIL nice and close. They don't drop by too often and stay here less, but it is easier to see them. A nice combo!

Worked a lot last week and this week no work on the schedule at all! DS starts school on Tuesday. He had a good time on the retreat and came home hoarse.

Not too much else to report. Off plan yesterday and today will be iffy. Thinking about doing the EODD with Lori and Trig. Why not jump on the bandwagon?
  #2274   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 07:45

BF:

That's it Trig! When I said eat 3 meals a day on a feast day.....that is an individual thing. I think the reason they say that is that too many people try to restrict on their feast day and that will backfire. As long as you can eat up to about 2,000 calories on a feast day, it doesn't matter how many meals that is. I really don't know if I get to 2,000. I just eat when I want and until I'm satisfied on a feast day. I stick mostly LC/HF as that's how I feel my best.

Some people try to do zero calories on their "diet" day, but according to Dr. Varady's book, better results were attained when people ate up to 500. Again, personal choice.

Nic.....join in! As far as what to eat on a fast day. I think there may be some recipe ideas in Dr. Varady's book "The Every Other Day Diet". I have it on my Kindle, but never really look at the recipes. I usually have nothing until around Noon when I will have a bit less than a tablespoon of MCT oil in a cup of coffee and sometimes a scoop of collagen powder. That blows about 130 calories of my 500. Then for dinner I'll usually have a piece of whatever protein I make for DH and maybe a little veg. If I'm not cooking for him, maybe I'll have a couple eggs. Tonight I'm going to have a Lean Cuisine meal and the rest of the Palmini "pasta" that I made the other night. I don't stress over it. If I go over the 500 by a 100 or so....no biggie. Sometimes I'll have a string cheese in the afternoon if I'm getting too hungry.

I think as it starts to get colder this Fall, I'll start to have a cup of warm broth at some point during the day. Possibilities are endless! And then......the next day......you can eat!! Woohoo!!

Just got in from my hour long run/walk. Glad to have it done for the day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Sep-01-19 at 07:53.
  #2275   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 08:37

BF:

Good Morning!!!!!- Good Help is SOOOOOO hard to find...... So seeing as though the cleaning lady, and cook, and laundress never showed up...... I will be doing those meanial chores for today! Yes back to MY life and it isn't half bad!

I woke up in a luxury bed (OMG my new bedding is the bomb), with wet doggie kisses and a fresh cup of coffee! So remember I told ya'll I ordered a pillow top mattress cover, well it is AMAZING! Then I ordered a "cloud" comforter! I also have new pillows- it is the best.
Have you ever been to one of those super high end hotels and you wonder why you sleep so good? I think it is the fluffy stuff they add. So I added that too and the last 3 nights had been the best sleep EVER!!! Even Bella loves all the fluffy blankets, and extra soft- add silky sheets and it makes for wonderful night!

Ok- TRIG/ LORI- I need to sit up and pay attention. You are doing Judd? I have tried the fasting day eat a day and have failed miserably. I don't think I am ready for that. I think you have to be able to eat and not go hog wild - I am not there yet.

I would be happy to get though a week just on plan period. I seem to have been waffling a bit ever since I got since about 3 weeks ago with tummy issues that required soft rice and broth. I got the taste for carbs and have not gone wild- but have yet to get on a plan and stick to it. I would be happy to even start with 50 carbs which is ALOT and Work my way down. I seem to hit day 4/5 and then have a little something.

Like you TRIG- it is such a mind game. My head it just not in it. I feel like I am battling right now on so much fronts, that the eating plan is just one MORE thing.
I know that that it is vital- to health.

I am so HAPPY for you LORI- to have found what is really working for you! I really think that is what is key for us.
I think we all know that refined carbs, and bull crap food does our bodies no good.
But the most important key is finding SOMETHING healthy we will stick with.
I also know that for you Lori- being active is vital to you feeling good! I so admire that about you! I think you look fabulous- but hey we all need to feel comfortable in our own skin.

You day yesterday sounds wonderful! You are really being good to yourself! I love the fact you are really in tune to what your body needs, I think some of that comes from Yoga!

I SOOOOO seriously thought about you yesterday. So the part I went to is located on the top of hill top on the lake so it can over look the lake.
Here is the sad part. So the driveway is different in that it is a straight down drop - then you walk up to the house. Add that to the fact the "drive way" is about ......... very very long.
Well I parked on the road because I knew I was leaving early and didn't want to get trapped in by other cars.

So let me tell you how long and steep this drive way is- they use a 4 wheel to take people to their cars. I was like, oh no I got this. I had to go UP the hill to get to my car. I was panting- and had to STOP half way to catch my breath. I woke up this morning with sore calfs. OVER A 10 minute up hill walk. I thought I was dying!!!!

That is SUCH a wake up call to me!!!!- No I am serious. The "fit" me would have taken that hill at warp speed- and I would not have given it a second though. This "me"- thought I might need to call 911 for air!!!!
I do not want to get to the point I am the puffer just walking. I am glad it happened to me. I was like a slap. Anyway Lori- Your hiking your mountain came to mind and I kept going. But said to myself: Enough is enough! I need to get in better shape, I am too young for this.
If you can do it so can I!!!!

I also remember a post NIC sent me about a year ago- To summarize: OK JAZ I started working out at your size- START!!!!

NIC- Speaking of! What a week you have had between your part time gig and getting settled into a new school year and launching the DS20!
Are you getting into a routine?
Do you have the family in tomorrow? I know you are keeping your eye on some good hiking!

TRIG- Speaking of hiking!!! What a good idea to google some trails. I am going to do the same! I think it is really cool you are to the point you can do the UP/DOWN days LORI is doing! She is having success!!! I think if you can do it- that would be great.
Again- What might have worked for me years ago- is NOT working now. We all evolve in this LC way of life and need to find what works for us!

Sorry about the kiddo getting injured in kickball! That sucks! Is she feeling better?
I wonder if you can browse the internet for tops- since we are into a sale weekend! Just a thought.

I know there is a part of you that is sad you are covering the pool for another year. Another summer put to bed. But with that- a new season of fall, festivals, leaves, and hiking and bonfires. Do you have bonfires on your property? I would think with the size you have would be a great place to have a huge fire pit!

What type of shoes do you wear for hiking, boots?
We are supposed to have one last week or so of summer's last hoorah of super high temps- again in the high 90's this next week for us! COME on fall.
I can't wait to start complaining about the COLD weather! ROFL!!!!

BLUE- oh hey you must really got it bad! Have you seen a urgent care or your doctor yet? Let us know you are still in the land of the living! Happy well wishes headed your way!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
As stated I have house work to do today and get caught up. I don't mind after a whirlwind of the last 2 days, and a full work week in 4 days! I need a putter/ clean up/ writing day.

I do however need to run out SUPER quick and pick up some water (I don't drink tap) and something for dinner. I am vacillating between a really nice piece of fish or a rotisserie chicken and not cooking. I have cabbage for slaw. My fridge is sorta bare after the deep purge- clean out!!!! HAHAHAH

Tomorrow- got twisted and I am sorta mad at myself for not putting my foot down and keeping my original plan.
I had originally invited my mom and her husband over for burgers on the grill.
She accepted- because she know she was a b!t*h for the last few weeks. I didn't even see her on her birthday. She is getting the idea she is on think ice with me.

So last night she called to ask what she could bring, then one thing lead to another and she was like- can't we just set out on the deck It is screened in- and just kick back for a few hours.

I will admit I have a less than stellar back yard. That is sort of a sore spot with me. I have a retentention pond on the other side of my fence and the bugs are so bad I can't sit out side. I thought about actually putting a screen in porch out there so I can sit outside- but my view is my neighbors siding.

You know when I was house shopping I just wanted a patch of grass for the pooch to pee on. I never considered bugs, snakes, turtles, frogs, WATER - next to my property. I was in a red hot hurry to buy.
For the most part this place has worked well. But I do really want an area I can sit out and not be eaten alive. I don't have that.

So I consented to going to her house- sighhhhhhhhhhh. She changed up the menu and took over. - Ya know what, she is really trying here...... She wants to get filets, and Brussel sprouts. A "make up dinner"- since I wouldn't talk to her over her birthday.
It is a dinner- I am picking my battles and this one I am letting go.
She wants to try to be nice- let her. I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
I will only be there a few hours. Told her I couldn't be there all day- "some boundaries"

Well I am off to put in my second batch of laundry. I think I will run real quick to the store before it gets too hot, and the store gets busy.
Hanging in today and it feels great.
I have Rocket Man for a early evening movie.

Goal - clean house, laundry done, bathrooms sparking, and all rugs vacuumed.
Walk- 20 minutes- Must START!!!!
Food- I am going to do OMAD and will do a LC dinner. I am leaning to fish, since tomorrow is steak.

I am going to investigate the up/down thing- although I am not there yet.
Have a wonderful day all!!!!
  #2276   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 08:42

BF:

Ok- you all have posted again in the time it took me to write my book-

I am looking up those links for the up/ down thing. I really want to look at it and decide. I will get back to ya all on that one. I might just up my carbs a WEE bit and see if I can even stick to that for now.
I will be SO interested to see how this works for you all!!!!

Lori- so proud of you for your running!!!!!
  #2277   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 17:56

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Just want to check in to say I think I'll live, LOL. But seriously, this flu bug has really mowed me down. Have been sleeping A LOT, drinking as much water as I can, have had it w/chicken noodle soup. Tonight I'm going off plan for the first time since I got sick. No big deal, as no matter what I eat or how hungry I think I am, I can't finish anything I start to eat.

Heh, I am reminded---if we all lost our taste buds tomorrow, we wouldn't care about food! Yep, everything is dulled w/this bug, nothing tastes good. Still, I'm going for some carbs tonight, just feel the need. Whatever.

Silver lining, I've lost 2 more pounds. Probably won't stick, but seriously, I've been eating about what Lori does on a down day.

I hate being sick. Been a long time since something brought me down like this. Makes me so want to get healthy in so many ways. When you rob me of all my energy I'm just a sad gal.

No energy. Sorry for lack of personal connection. Just wanted y'all to know I'm Ok, and this too will pass. Just don't know quite when.
  #2278   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 22:05

BF:

sooooohappy you alive!!!! BLUE- I knew you were mowed under-
Just recover and come back when you can!!!!!!

So LORI- I met this guy- Tue night guy named John sound familiar . He is a gsprots caster thatLOVES golf SIRUS ?????
Anyway- he is a radio dude that covers everything - mostly golf
  #2279   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 04:14

BF:

Good Morning!

An eating day!! YAY! Typically Mondays are Fast days for me, but I changed things around for the Holiday. I'll have 2 eating days in a row(which makes me a little nervous), today and tomorrow and then Fast Wednesday again. I like my Mon, Wed, & Fri. Fasting schedule. I throw in a weekend day as needed. This plan has to be flexible for me in order to work.

Yesterday was a struggle for me. I don't think I drank enough water. I probably had around 600-700 calories for the day. It was fine since I did that nice, long run/walk in the morning. It's all good. The scale dropped into a new decade this morning! I have been in the 170's for a long time and finally cracked into the 160's......barely, but I'm there! After today and tomorrow being eating days, it will no doubt pop back up, but I'll get it down there again.

Today I have a massage at 9, then home to get a quick shower before we head to our daughter's. It's a bit over an hour drive. Weather is not great, but we'll go spend a few hours there. Not sure there will be any pool time, but whatever. I asked her what to bring and she said just some veggies and/or fruit, so I'll go pick up some melon and whatever. I'm also hungry for hummus, so I'll be getting some of that and some of those hollow pretzel shells that I love. That will make the scale go up! I'm not sure what she's making for the main course, so I may be living on hummus. I'm such a meat snob that it is entirely possible that I won't be able to eat what she cooks. Her husband is Dominican and likes her to make a pork shoulder and rice & beans a lot of the time. Sometimes the meat is just too full of gristle for me....can't handle it. If she cooks burgers on the grill, she has a habit of buying the cheapest Walmart burger patties....ugh. See....told you I was a meat snob! Hummus to the rescue!

Blue....so glad to see even a short post from you. Sounds like you really have a nasty bug. Take care!

Jaz...hope things go well with your Mom today. Spend a few hours, enjoy a steak and then run for home!

Trig...let me know what your plan is for the EOD diet(Every Other Day diet).

Nic...Hope you're enjoying the Holiday weekend. So glad your back is mostly better now. Back pain is so miserable.

Ok.....I need food!
  #2280   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 05:36

BF:

Blue, ugh ugh and one more for ya~!~ Sorry you got so sick but good thing is this runs it course and you will be fine, sooner than later now. No energy is rotten, being sick is lousey, off our game is never good....just rest away...that big sleep you are doing is the best thing for you You will bounce back and be good soon! Hold strong!

Did you pass this to your hubby? Sounds like he hasn't gotten it cause you haven't mentioned, at least ya got him to wait on ya hand and foot right
Get better my friend

Nicco, oh yea kid came thru the front door and stopped. Leg off the ground, holding onto the wall and said mom I am crippled. I thought OMG the weekend is shot for doing anything, she might have to go for xrays and all that and good thing was she is healing up a lot better now, putting her weight down on it and things are going good so far. I never like possible med troubles, like a blown knee or something for anyone, ugh....but so far so good.

You have the best of both worlds with your DD living nearby but doing her own thing, but close enough to visit easily and have fun You must feel very settled about that as a Mom I would be

Glad your back isn't a total pretzel and you are doing better!

Enjoy your party at your bestie's house, give us a report

Jaz, yea that bog next to ya, bugs are killers down here, you could buy a nice pretty screened in tent for your yard. They got some fancy ones at reasonable costs, a lot less than a screened in porch if ya don't want to put big money into your house, you can eat inside your tent

I use ALL TRAILS for finding my good hike trails, give stats on it and directions to park, intensity of hike, if super crowded, good reviews from hikers etc. What I like about All Trails is there are a ton of hikes you just don't find googling something like 'trails near me' etc. All Trails is a big database, I love using it.

I AM LIKE YOU IN THAT I AM SCARED A BIT to change to a plan like this. But I realized I am getting no where on what I am doing, I think I need 'something new' to jump start me. Re-train me. I will try and let ya know LOL if you aren't sure to change a plan yet then don't. You know you at this point and don't go down a path that could nail ya worse. smart move on that!

I am doing the huffing and puffing, first big hike should kill me. I got bad on being fit for walking up mountains, I feel like a sluggy person. That good hiking fitness I had is gone, gotta get it back. Like you dying on that hill you had to handle, I will be the same but we gotta change that. We can if we put our minds to it

Lori thanks a ton for the great info you are posting.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW DECADE! Now that is a good review for your plan, showing good results like that

You are baby stepping me thru it and it is good to know all this good info before I kick in.....and I kick in today. Down day, cause I need Eat day tomorrow for our hike.

I can easily do a down day on food. I have been doing my broth fast days and can easily stick in a 500 kcal meal. I also caught you said Lean Cuisine frozen meal option. I could use the Atkins meal also. Not a huge fan of them but I do like the fact I can go back to some convenience foods easily and not have to truly cook to get thru a meal always like that.

You have worked the plan well. Noticed in your posts you are going thru the No Eat days kinda easy, eating decent on your Eat Day and still keeping your feet grounded more in LC ways....and getting results. I am drawn to this and need something new and fresh to 'attack' in my brain Appreciate all the info you wrote out for us!!

I SO hear ya on how other's cook. I don't care who is doing the cooking, if the meats etc are not exactly how I like mine done, then I don't eat much, will just fork thru it all and eat very little and say it was fab and go home and eat

Greg, need ya to post so we know you are doing well and are ok and how things are going for ya

HI ALL
kid is doing better. still cripply but putting weight on it etc. So far so good.
doing nothing today......so making today my 500 kcal day. Tomorrow I need an EAT day cause we are hiking a trail and parking in the lot of Judge's BBQ House. YOU KNOW hubby will want to eat there after the hike. Mostly flat, greenway thru Morganton, outskirts of town so will be nature trail type, 4.8 miles in 2 loops sections (gonna do it all), paved trails which will help hubby right now and I am doing this trail first just to get back into walking and into some shape. Testing the hiking waters....but next hike will be waterfall hike On ALL TRAILS site it says best place to hike and enter trail is at Judge's BBQ House parking lot....lol...yea hubby is now SO into this hike LOL so that is why I need an eat day tomorrow. I checked menu...can easily get small 1/3 rack ribs and small house salad for brunch time meal.

I like Lori said the kcals can go kinda very high on EAT day but I also want to control it a bit....no hog wild etc. I can't pretend I can eat more than 1/2 a large pepperoni pizza entirely and then cut kcals the next day and 'lose lbs'...lol...I have to be very careful of carb addiction troubles I have. The more carbs I eat the more hog wild I go......so if I allow myself anything on the EAT days I gotta be very very careful what I might eat. I know me, this could be the easiest excuse to eat it all, get so out of control and then also never do a 500 kcal day cause I am carb ravenous at that point LOL So I will watch me and see how I can fit this into my life.

I like how Lori got it into her life, kinda sliding it in without alot of grief, so I am gonna try the same thing and give ya'll reports on it.

So food today on 500 kcal day will be around 5pm....big cup beef broth first, around 30-40 kcals. Leaving about 460 for some type of meal. Thinking 4 oz chicken breast grilled (around 120 kcals) and small salad with some ranch dressing (ranch around 200 kcals), very small sprinkle of shredded cheddar should round that out to around 450 or so kcals....done for the day.

OK...away I go

nothing much more doing today but covering pool and done on that.
some small chores to clean and just piddling thru the day mostly here

My gosh the gunfire is crazy outside. The neighbor behind my back pasture is shooting guns like crazy now. Probably sighting all his rifles for hunting season. Or got a new toy Gunfire is nothing to me, hear it all the time around here LOL I stepped out on the back porch to let the dog out and CRACK CRACK CRACK....BANG BANG BANG and thought oh hell, hope he don't do it all damn day. oh well, normal for me, tons of gunfire in any given day

edited to say hubby came thru and I said the neighbor is shooting and he said today is first day of Dove Season. He thought it started at 12 but must be earlier if they are shooting up the morning here.

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Sep-02-19 at 05:46.
Closed Thread