Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 16:46

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Default I hear ya!

I choose not to eat candy, popcorn, pretzels, chips or anything else in those halloween bags!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 16:47
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Synchronicity is a beautiful thing!

Oh and Kemss - change that "I'm not doing so great on this diet anyway" to "I am very successful in changing my eating behaviors!"
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 17:40
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Lightbulb Actually~....

Hate to burst everyone's bubbles here and be picky... but putting the word NOT within an affirmation, ACTUALLY turns it INTO A NEGATIVE STATEMENT!! Word things/affirmations so there is positive words in it...Something like:
My eating and snack choices are healthy for my body OR I ONLY put HEALTHY foods in my mouth and in my body.

The mind is a particuliar thing, and in putting NOT within a statement, it somehow overlooks the NOT part, as if it is non-existent. Focus on the positives, and you will go lots further!~
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 17:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210.0/198.0/165 Female 5'5"
BF: entirely too much
Progress: 27%

Thanks TeriDoodle for choosing not to eat any Halloween candy. Glad I read that before work. I came into work tonight, and will be here from 6 til 6. They had a "fall feast" today, and there are tons of left overs downstairs. I got myself a heaping plateful....of veggies, melon, & strawberries. I will eat these veggies & fruit tonight (& my chicken wings) & be satisfied with that!

Positive thinking is the best!

#65   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 18:07
Starting Over!

Suze - Thanks for reminding me of that!! I knew there was something NOT right about that affirmation!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 20:25
Registered Member

Default Psychic Control Over Words & Thoughts (article #1)

When this thread was started, I said that I would write some articles concerning things and information that I had learned in my metaphysical teachings. Time being as it is, I don’t always get things done in the time frame that I set for myself, and I apologize for that. The following is the first of several articles over materials that I have in the coursework that I have done. I hope that it will be enlightening, and help those on the inward and outward journeys!

Psychic Control Over Words and Thoughts (first meditational article)
Many times people do not watch what they say or think, with the assumption that it is not going to have any effects upon them. Not only should you be aware of “what you are saying”, you should also be aware of “HOW you are saying it as well.” Be careful of the words that you are using to choose what you have to say. Negative words should be avoided, as they set up and also attract negative vibrational frequencies, in the same respect, the same goes for positive: positive words attract positive vibrational reactions. The words leaving your mouth are a direct psychic current of vibrational energy. Have you ever thought of it that way? If something unpleasant must be conveyed, pause and think of words that will be psychically beneficial, instead of psychically harming. Listen to yourself speaking, and practice your thoughts being put into positive words. Volume and pitch of your voice also convey positivism or negativity, maintain to the best of your ability a voice that is harmonious, and pleasant. Smiling and pleasant facial expressions can also increase the positive vibrations of what you are trying to convey. Negative curse terms are to be avoided when speaking or thinking about others and their conditions, as usage of the negative will only attract the same towards you. If you feel you HAVE to curse someone, take the opportunity to bless that person or situation, and this helps increase the positive in a potential negative situation, and also attracts positivism into the situation and/or person(s) involved. If for some reason negative or destructive words are uttered, say, “I nullify, or void the word(s) I just said,” and then bless the situation. Do not discuss your every goal and desire with everyone, as keeping silent about them helps build psychic energy towards that goal/desire within your mind, and gives more magnetism to your psychic thought currents that are ‘traveling into the creative [psychic medium of the Universal Mind’. Speaking only when necessary will help propel these thoughts/goals/desire more efficiently towards this. Do not talk just for the sake of talking… there are too many on this Earth who speak simply and solely for the purpose of hearing their own voice. If you conserve your voice in this manner, you will build up a psychic energy force, which will give vibrational power to your spoken words. (Paraphrased and summarized from Meditation Dynamics by Dr. Paul Leon Masters copyright 1973, by Dr. Paul L. Masters. ((P.S. The next article will be on Psychic Thought Control Principles & Control Practices)
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 22:40
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

I'm only on page 2 of this thread... I am in... I will do a few of the breathing exercises tonight before I go to bed... I need help sleeping and this could maybe relax me enough to fall asleep... if the trick or treaters ever stop ringing the door bell... but we are turning our lights off at 9:00.

I'll finish reading the thread when I am not so sleepy... I've been on the computer for hours now...
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 23:08
Registered Member

Post Increasing your Frequency,Weight Issues and Affirmations

Increasing Your Frequency Article and Losing Weight The above url, and the following is from an article by Janet Swerdlow. It speaks of how we insulate with fat, against the outside world. I invite all to read the whole article from which I take this excerpt:

"The mind-pattern behind excess weight is needing to insulate against the outside world. Specific places of weight gain represent the part of your life that you are insulating against. For example, excess weight on the stomach represents not digesting what your life is giving you; weight gain on the hips are childhood issues; weight gain on the buttocks represents carrying your past with you.

Some people eat very little, yet still cannot lose weight. This is a perfect example of how strong the mind is–it can create weight from virtually nothing! Weight gain from water retention is a perfect example of this. Water has absolutely zero calories, yet many people retain excess water as a way of insulating against life. Of course, cutting down on food does not reduce weight, because the excess weight is not from food–it is from water–and the strong mind-pattern that holds it there! See how powerful you are??

To remove excess water weight, you can take astragalus capsules and eat raw apples. Women may need more progesterone, available in wild yam capsules. This could also be a function of your digestive tract–drink peppermint tea; or spleen or gallbladder–cooked greens will support these organs. Also eat foods that take water out of your system rather than hold it in, such as dried fruits. Avoid foods that put water into your system, such as melons, dairy products, white flour, white sugar, and salt. Water weight may also be the result of suppressed, unshed tears. Sometimes water weight represents issues of others that you hold onto yourself. So now, your strong mind-pattern is creating weight from other people’s stuff! Pretty incredible how strong you really are!!

Just because a body is thin does not mean that it is healthy. It is important to look at the cellular structure. Often a body is thin, or too thin, because the mind-pattern of the soul-personality operating within it says that it does not deserve to live. People who are bulimic and/or anorexic have this mind-pattern. A part of them does not feel like it deserves to have a body and live here on the Earth.

Rather than overfeeding the body, the body is underfed and/or undernourished. Your stomach can be full while the body is actually hungry. White flour and white sugar will make you feel full, but neither contain enough nourishment to adequately maintain a healthy cellular structure. Or you can eat foods that are mismatched for your frequency. They may be nourishing foods, just not nourishing foods for your particular physical body.

You may want to use one or more of the following affirmations to help you in the process:

I easily cleanse and release all, old unnecessary mind-patterns from all levels of my being.

I easily cleanse and release the need to insulate.

I deserve to exist.

I create a healthy relationship with the physical consciousness of my physical body.

I increase the frequency of my soul-personality operating in and through my body consciousness.

Personalize any of the above affirmations in a way that work for you. Write them and put them around your home or office for easy viewing. Carry cards with your affirmations written on them, or place them under your pillow while you sleep. Or, simply write them in a journal and/or notebook.

The above work is about knowing yourself on all levels, gaining self-control, and increasing your frequency that in turn increases your Oversoul and God-Mind connection. Yes, this is work, but with an end result that is worth your time and any discomfort that you may encounter. It does not really matter where you start, it just matters that you start.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 23:20
Registered Member

Default Welcome Cheryl~!

Glad to see you on here~ I was getting Brendan into bed, and working on the previous post at the same time... then there is KaeLyn... Miss Climb-Happy She is a busy lil girl... whew! She is a good lil girl though as well... thank dear God above for that! Cheryl, I think that you could definitely use affirmations to help in sleeping: Some suggestions;
*I fall asleep easily and without struggles.
*My sleep is peaceful and relaxing and I wake up feeling refreshed and revitalized.
*I release all stress and tension from my body and mind.
* My body gets the proper rest it needs from the sleep I get.

These are just some suggestions for affirmations, feel free to use them, personalize them, change them,... create your own... as the following articles have said... remember to keep them positive. and keep them in present OR past tense If a person keeps saying I am going to... in the future... one is simply giving the body/mind the permission to put off the intended goals/affirmations.Anyhow~ nice to see you, AND THE REST who have joined this thread~ and Teri... I truly thank you for giving me this opportunity to use some of what I have learned and to help others with it~ many blessings to you for your generousity~
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 12:53

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up Daily affermations!

Yesterday I read through the link that DuPont copied, http://www.weight-dieting.org/ and I started yesterday with "I am 140 pounds" and "I am a slim healthy woman". I chanted in the car, before bed and right when I woke up this morning. I happily refrained from any candy last night and was .5 pounds down this morning after a LONG time at my previous weight. I choose to be healthy, slim and positive! I am getting the hang of this
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 01:35

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Thank you so much!

Terry, Suze and everyone else who contributed to this inspiring thread...Thank you!

This is an area...that I have known needs attention for a while and it is also very much attached to my last crash and burn during my HB's accident in February...adopting a Titantic view of life while in crisis has been such a killer for me. I need to go back and read in detail but I just wanted to say Thank you for starting something that really needs to be focused on ... changing the old tapes and giving my mind something positive to attach to the new view of me!

Personally, I realized some time ago that due to events in my past I had attached an unhealthy fear of losing wt... as if the weight I was when the traumatizing events occured had somehow contributed to the severity or was at the very least dangerous and my fault. In my child/teen's mind it was always my fault.

Thank you again for taking the time and doing the research and for sharing this priceless information!

Positive affirmations to all!
Beth

Last edited by bsayne : Sat, Nov-02-02 at 01:43.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 09:06
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi All-
I stared doing viualization and affermations Thursday...yesterday I had a horrible day I was so proud about surviving halloween, then I had a horrible stress binge yesterday.
I am going to let it go...think positive and move on...I can't beat myself up. I have already thought of ways to prevent it from happening again, and I CAN do it. I stayed the same this week. With TOM lurking in the shadows, and the bad day yesterday I am satisfied (and disappointed at the same time if that makes sense)...but I am taking a lot of time for ME today and I am going to work all this out. I WILL do this!
I have started getting compliments a lot lately...and it is my pattern to start eating again once people start noticing...not really sure why...but it IS a pattern I am breaking as of RIGHT NOW!
Thanks for listening...
~Michelle
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 14:15

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Thumbs up

Good work everyone!!

So much of all this is purely paying attention to ourselves. Noticing what we say about ourselves, how we react to things (emotionally, mentally and physically) and even how we hold ourselves. It all works together. We feel stress or an insecurity and we tense up. As our physical tension grows it feeds the mental tension and also causes pain which in turn adds a new tension. It's a negative spiral that often is accompanied by negative thoughts.

One way to help is to check your physical tension and release it. A good relaxation (and basic meditation) technique is to go through all of your body and relax each part by muscle group. But this doesn't have to be just when you are quiet or trying to relax. Notice your body right now. What is tense? Your shoulders from typing? Your legs from the way you are sitting? Your jaw? Your torso? Your tongue?

Try it when you are driving, watching tv, cooking, working... you'll be suprised. We wonder where our headaches come from until we realize that we clench our jaw or tighten our shoulders even when they don't need to be.

When I asked myself just now "what is tense?" I found that I was sitting in such a way that I was tightening both of my ankles to the point that one foot was falling asleep, my jaw was clenched and one hand was in a fist. I was sitting so that my shoulders were tight and my neck was working overtime to support the posture.

What about you?
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 16:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default This is GREAT, FANTASTIC, AWESOME!!!

See, I'm talking positive already! I had to pop in over her the other night to see what all the fuss is. I read almost the whole thread! I knew right away I had to start doing this. I have been very hard on myself, saying (thinking) harsh things about myself. Very negative thinking about how I look and who I am as a person. Carrying my past around - and yes! My butt is where I carry much of my weight! AH-HA!

So, to make a long story short, I was feeling down lately about LC'ing and had to "regroup". I had to "give up" for a few days and I just ate whatever I wanted. I kind of had to hit rock bottom in order to see why I chose to do this whole LC thing to begin with. I got to see how carbs effect me physically and mentally. It's just ugly.

So, keeping this thread in mind, I started to tell myself some positive affirmations as I drift off to sleep the last two nights. One thing in particular that I said was "I love the LC WOE" and " I feel healthy when I eat LC". I had planned to keep up with my carb binging this whole weekend. I even bought brownies with ice cream and choc fudge syrup and I was going to just let myself gain weight, feel terrible and hit rock bottom because that's what I thought I needed to appreciate LC'ing all over again.

But an odd thing happened... when I woke up this morning I just didn't even have the desire to eat anything with carbs at all. All I wanted was eggs with bacon and cheese. And for lunch, tuna! I really think that I woke up thinking that because I was telling that to myself before I went to sleep the last two nights. Anyone else think that too?

Carianne
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 07:53
Starting Over!

Default Hi everyone!

I'm really excited to see this thread is helping so many!! Thank you all for letting us know how visualization is helping you!

Michelle - Keep up the good work, girl. You've won 1/2 the battle by just recognizing that beating yourself up is sooooo counter-productive!! Bingeing is just a sign for you that there's more work to do....so just brush yourself off and affirm often that you enjoy your thin body!

Cre8tivgrl - Good points!! Just take a deep breath, close your eyes and take a physical inventory from head to toe to find which muscle groups are tensed up. With a little practice one can acheive a much greater relaxed state in very little time. But the FIRST step is to pay attention to what's going on!

Carianne - I think you'll find all kinds of amazing things happening when you make a practice of positive affirmation and visualization.... not only in the area of your WOE, but in your outlook and the way others treat you as well. Positive attracts positive..... good things start to happen in many different areas. We're really glad you posted!

We have many classes at my church around these subjects....and I've met a couple of really amazing people that I'd like to tell you about briefly.....each "cured themselves" of "incurable" diseases with the power of their mind.

Barbara was a 48 year old mother of two grown children, with a new grandbaby and was diagnosed with leukemia. After 2 years of the standard medical treatments by the best doctors and hospitals the Texas Medical Center could offer had failed, she found herself in the hospital isolation unit awaiting a bone marrow transplant....the last resort. Her son was to be the donor and the surgery was scheduled for the next day. She had an overwhelming feeling that this wasn't going to succeed and that she had the power within her to overcome this illness. Prior to this she had no education or training in the area of meditation or visualization... she just "changed her mind" right then and there in the hospital that she was going to take charge. She declined the surgery and (against all advice from her doctors) was discharged the next day. Her family was frantic. She spent the next few days submerged in the subject of mind/body connection and began praying and practicing these new visualization techniques. Within 3 months she was totally cured, with no traces of her illness anywhere. Her doctors were stupified and could not explain it. But she could!! I met her 8 years later....she's a strong and vibrant, beautiful woman, inside and out....and of course, cancer-free.

The other man I know from church who cured himself is John....who was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder which is a very severe manic depression, considered "incurable". John was diagnosed at the age of 42, at the height of his career, but this disorder and the treatments put an end to that.... he was totally disabled by this disease. He was taking 46 different pills per day. He can't explain why, but he was drawn to our church one Sunday where the minister's message had somehow given him hope. That day he set up camp in our library and book store where the clerks helped him find the books that would help him in his quest for control over his illness. Within 6 months he was down to ONE pill per day and back at work full time. His psychiatrists were so amazed by his progress that he was invited to lecture at medical schools across the country and take part in a unique study which would wean him off that last medication. He's done so now and is completely "cured". Oh, and by the way, he's given up his career and is studying to be a minister.

THAT is the power of positive thinking.