Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 08:12

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default Miss Sherry

I'm in Central Florida. Near Ocala. We've been to St. Augustine a few times. It's pretty, we really liked it. We have a friend who used to have a beach house in Hammock they let us use. They're retiring now, I think to GA, and they've sold it. (they're builders and we did work for them) Too bad we couldn't afford to buy it!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 08:14

Default kevin pa

That sounds really good. I may use it once in a while. Right now though, I'm kinda staying away from Splenda as it tastes TOO good, and I think it gets me going taste wise. I seem to do better with the Stevia. But, I would use Splenda for occassional, and it's really nice to see more Splenda sweetened items. Especially since aspartame is exlax to me..

Thank you.
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 08:16
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%
Default Ocala

We had house hunted in Ocala last year. Love it!!!!! Enjoy the weather this weekend.
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 08:24

Default small world, huh?!

Thank you, you too. Though it's a tad cool for me. Good for riding though..
  #170   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 13:26

Default Bawdy, (love the name, by the way)

Your cheesecake is BODACIOUS!! And I haven't had a cupcake yet, I'm just licking the bowl! I had two 2/3 cup ground pecan and used one 2/3 cup ground almond for the crusts. I added the stevia and butter and pressed into the cupcake bottoms. I didn't have a styrofoam cup and my little juice glasses were too big, so I used a cleaned vitamin bottle bottom. I'll be back to let you know how it is, but I have no doubt it'll be delicious.

My sister loves cheesecake, I suppose we could use fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream to make her one, huh? (She's brainwashed lc/lf). Thanks so much for sharing this recipe..
  #171   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 13:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Glad you like the recipe.

Here's where the name came from. In Maine, you often see guys stopped by the side of the road selling stuff out of the back of their pickups -- bird houses, etc.

One day we were driving along and this guy was selling winches. His sign read, "Wenches for Sale." Without skipping a beat, DH said, "Well, if they're bawdy, I'll take two!"

And the rest is history!
  #172   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 13:51

Default Lol

Figured there was some story there.

And to the rest of the cupcakes. They ARE delicious. I'm eating one warm. I got 24 cupcakes out of it. I put too much filling in initially (to make 24), I probably could make 18 good size ones. I was putting about 2 tbls of filling in. This left a fair amount of room for the strawberry puree, and a half a strawberry for decoration/consumption. The crust was about 2 tsp. I think I liked the idea of 24 because of easy math. I did bake them at 350 for about 15 min. Really good...
  #173   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 14:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/160/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Teresa,

I am also a long time lover of this cheesecake!

I am wondering if "cupcake pans" are the same as "muffin pans"?

And you said you used paper liners?

I would love to try this with the strawberry sauce recipe on Experts Foods' site, using Thick/notthin or whatever they call it!

BTW, I kept buying spring-forms pan, of increasing expense, and they kept disintegrating (the non-stick part on the round would start peeling!) so now I just use a 9" Pyrex pie plate, works great!

Datahamstr
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 14:26
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

I bought a 2 1/2 inch deep Silicone cake pan I was going to try with a cheesecake to see how it worked.
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 14:36

datahamstr
Yes, I used a muffin pan and paper cupcake liners. Even warm, it came off the cheesecake easily. I just set it on a saucer, peeled down the sides and poured on a bit of puree... I do have a springform pan, it's just that I have a feeling I'll be the only one eating them. Partly because of the Stevia, my daughter doesn't like it. My DH hasn't tried it yet, so, we shall see. I'm considering making my sister a low fat one with stevia. She's brainwashed lc/lf.

kevinpa
Somewhere in this thread someone has done that. The only cavet was you needed to support the pan coming and going. It's apparently very flexible. It was suggested that you put it on a cookie sheet. Other than that, they thought it was great..
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 16:01

Default DH feedback

He loved the filling, didn't like the crust. Said he liked nuts alone. And said he got a bit of aftertaste from Stevia in puree. Actually, I had considered not even sweetening the puree. I love raw strawberries.. Told him when I make it again, I'll put vanilla wafers or "nothing" in it for him.
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 16:04
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

I did these also in the muffin pan with paper liners. I didn't do a crust and the whole mini cake pops right out. I froze most of mine though. They are good to eat still frozen. Mmmm
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 20:30

Default I was waiting for

DH to try them. I'm going to freeze them too. I'm sure I can take one or two (two is really the original one serving) out and let it thaw in the refrigerator.. I'm glad the papers worked for you too, and it's good to read that no crust worked well. I'd like for him to start eating more low carb stuff. He doesn't have a weight problem, but his brother does have diabetes and he (DH) is really moody. He jokes that we have our personalities backward. He's the nag, I'm like, whatever...
  #179   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 08:20

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Geez, here it's my recipe and I haven't made it in ages! The cupcake thing sounds like a good idea. It's just too easy to over-indulge when you see the whole thing staring you in the face every time you open the fridge.
  #180   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/160/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks for the info. on the muffin pans and liners, Teresa. When you freeze the little guys, do you take the paper liner off first? Sorry, I'm not very sharp in the kitchen!

Boy, you sure can do alot to this cheesecake without messing it up! Thanks again, Bawdy....

Datahamstr